Balsille was at the game last night and was sitting in the

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

pensfan20 wrote:
MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
newarenanow wrote:IN a way, I wouldn't mind him being owner, but in another way, I don't want him.

Pros:

He'd spend the money to field a competitive team
He's passionate about the sport and I think would be more involved

Cons:

I know if we sign a 30 year lease, and get the new arena, the team is here to stay, but I'd feel better having a hometown guy (although there is none out there)

I'm still p*ssed about the drop out before the license was awarded (although that may have saved the team)

I guess there really is no cons.
cuban :D
Cuban has backed out of so many offers that IF he ever did buy the team i would not be convinced that he would keep the team here in the long run. He is all about making more and more money and if he thought the team would fetch more money out west then he would move the team in a heartbeat. (of coarse thats if the NHL allowed it, but im still not totally convinced that the NHL would resist as much as they say they would)
I have to disagree with you. I think Cuban is more of a fan, and even though he didn't buy the team, he would NEVER move a Pgh team if he did own one.

He only attempted to buy the team twice.

The first time, he wanted majority ownership in the Lemieux Group, but Mario didn't want any of that.

The second time, he was part of the Mursteing group that didn't get selected. He didn't back out.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Mad City Mike »

CP2 wrote:Has anyone besides "a caller" confirmed that JB was in the owners box last night? There are a lot of bald businessman out there that might have been in the box.

It doesn't make much sense since there was some bad blood and the team is officially "off the market".
I am 100 percent sure the guy I saw with Mario and Sawyer was NOT Balsillie.
dogwithshftyeyes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by dogwithshftyeyes »

mike tomlin was at the game the other night, maybe hes gunna replace therrien!
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by pfim »

Mad City Mike wrote:
CP2 wrote:Has anyone besides "a caller" confirmed that JB was in the owners box last night? There are a lot of bald businessman out there that might have been in the box.

It doesn't make much sense since there was some bad blood and the team is officially "off the market".
It definitely wasn't. That guy had longish, grey hair and glasses. We need a police sketch artist.
Last edited by pfim on Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
heshootsandscores
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by heshootsandscores »

Mad City Mike wrote:
MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
Mad City Mike wrote:On TSN, they showed Mario, Sawyer, and somebody I don't think was either Burkle or Balsillie (definitely not the latter) really yukking it up during the game. They looked very happy and relaxed. If this is what that caller was going on, it most definitely was not Balsillie.
then who was it :?
It was an older guy who I thought might have been Burkle. But I Googled Burkle images this AM, and it wasn't him. So I have no idea. Maybe somebody who is computer-literate can post an image off the broadcast?
Maybe it was Mark Madden :wink:
Corban87

Post by Corban87 »

Ya, this is the 1st I have heard of this.

I was wondering where you were CP2, is there any info that you can provide us?
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by netwolf »

I'm skeptical. If Jim Balisillie was there, you'd think the Canadian media would be all over it, especially considering TSN was there covering the game.
CP2

Post by CP2 »

Mad City Mike wrote:

I saw the coverage on TSN through Center Ice Package since I was "out of town". GREAT freaking game by the way. TSN (no offense) is way better than PGH's FSN. They commented on how great the game was and the playoff atmosphere. I digress.

The camera showed Mario in the box last night during the 2nd period and I saw a bald man but it wasn't JB. This is why I am skeptical. He could have also been in there but it doesn't make any sense.
CP2

Post by CP2 »

netwolf wrote:I'm skeptical. If Jim Balisillie was there, you'd think the Canadian media would be all over it, especially considering TSN was there covering the game.
Great point. TSN would have been all over that like a fat kid on smarties.
Mr. Poopypants
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Perhaps it was one of the Pens' attorneys, in to look over the new deal the state has sent to the Pens? Just a suggestion. Or maybe it was nobody special, just a friend of Lemieux's.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

This is how rumors get started. SOmeone sees something they are not sure about, call in, and then it spreads like wildfire.

But who knows, maybe it was him.
Guins

Post by Guins »

heshootsandscores wrote:
Mad City Mike wrote:
MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
Mad City Mike wrote:On TSN, they showed Mario, Sawyer, and somebody I don't think was either Burkle or Balsillie (definitely not the latter) really yukking it up during the game. They looked very happy and relaxed. If this is what that caller was going on, it most definitely was not Balsillie.
It was an older guy who I thought might have been Burkle. But I Googled Burkle images this AM, and it wasn't him. So I have no idea. Maybe somebody who is computer-literate can post an image off the broadcast?
He would of brought the house down .......................... Literally :lol: :lol:
Kodoshin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Kodoshin »

I dont know, he still makes me nervous. Especially if it was true about him paying lawyers to investigate if it would be possible to move a team without Board of Govenors approval (Balsille that is, took me forever to reply).
Last edited by Kodoshin on Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
dboss
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by dboss »

Guins wrote:
heshootsandscores wrote:
Mad City Mike wrote:
MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
He would of brought the house down .......................... Literally :lol: :lol:
You stole my line!! :evil: :wink:
Guins

Post by Guins »

dboss wrote:
Guins wrote:
heshootsandscores wrote:
Mad City Mike wrote:
MarioLemieux1992 wrote:then who was it :?
You know the old saying great minds think alike
demondg1
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by demondg1 »

Armyrulez wrote:I was in the section adjacent to the owners box, and I never saw Mr. Balsille there last night, but I wasn't exactly hawking the box.
Haha, I said hawking the box!!!
I was "hawking a box" not long after the game.
Guins

Post by Guins »

MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
Guins wrote:
dboss wrote:
Guins wrote:
heshootsandscores wrote: Maybe it was Mark Madden :wink:
You know the old saying great minds think alike
didn't happen hear did it? :lol: :wink:
: You shouldn't put yourself down like that,I don't think you're dumb :wink: :lol:
dman11
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by dman11 »

It was not Ballsilie.
CP2

Post by CP2 »

Corban87 wrote:

Ya, this is the 1st I have heard of this.

I was wondering where you were CP2, is there any info that you can provide us?
ML has said he wants everything on the qt - we have to respect that. The team is not for sale until a deal is completed (either in PGH or elsewhere :cry: )