Balsille was at the game last night and was sitting in the

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
SpinnerSpencer
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Balsille was at the game last night and was sitting in the

Post by SpinnerSpencer »

owners box per a caller to the Junker and Crow show.
dboss
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Balsille was at the game last night and was sitting in t

Post by dboss »

SpinnerSpencer wrote:owners box per a caller to the Junker and Crow show.
I heard the same thing. Can anyone confirm this?
positive_pens_fan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by positive_pens_fan »

wow you do not waste any time. I was just listening to it also. Anyway I think that it is very interesting that he attended the game in pittsburgh and was sitting with lemieux, sawyer, and company.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by pfim »

Maybe he was trying to get his $10 million back :roll:
Armyrulez
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Armyrulez »

I was in the section adjacent to the owners box, and I never saw Mr. Balsille there last night, but I wasn't exactly hawking the box.
Haha, I said hawking the box!!!
Guins

Re: Balsille was at the game last night and was sitting in t

Post by Guins »

SpinnerSpencer wrote:owners box per a caller to the Junker and Crow show.
I thought they were "P*SSED" at Bald-Silly :roll:
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

IN a way, I wouldn't mind him being owner, but in another way, I don't want him.

Pros:

He'd spend the money to field a competitive team
He's passionate about the sport and I think would be more involved

Cons:

I know if we sign a 30 year lease, and get the new arena, the team is here to stay, but I'd feel better having a hometown guy (although there is none out there)

I'm still p*ssed about the drop out before the license was awarded (although that may have saved the team)

I guess there really is no cons.
bill from turtle creek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by bill from turtle creek »

What I want to know is if Burkle was there. If Burkle is around, it may forecast a PC soon.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

I told all of you that Basillie will be back to own this team once the arena issue is settled. We should take this as a GOOD sign that an arena deal is near complete here. Balsillie wants to be first in line to buy the team then. With a 30 year lease, a new building and this team, we will be in for some great hockey over the years!!!
pensfan20
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pensfan20 »

MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
newarenanow wrote:IN a way, I wouldn't mind him being owner, but in another way, I don't want him.

Pros:

Cons:

I know if we sign a 30 year lease, and get the new arena, the team is here to stay, but I'd feel better having a hometown guy (although there is none out there)

I'm still p*ssed about the drop out before the license was awarded (although that may have saved the team)

cuban :D
Cuban has backed out of so many offers that IF he ever did buy the team i would not be convinced that he would keep the team here in the long run. He is all about making more and more money and if he thought the team would fetch more money out west then he would move the team in a heartbeat. (of coarse thats if the NHL allowed it, but im still not totally convinced that the NHL would resist as much as they say they would)
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Mad City Mike »

On TSN, they showed Mario, Sawyer, and somebody I don't think was either Burkle or Balsillie (definitely not the latter) really yukking it up during the game. They looked very happy and relaxed. If this is what that caller was going on, it most definitely was not Balsillie.

BTW, if we KNOW the team is going to stay, I would much rather it be owned by Balsillie than Cuban. I think Balsillie's passion for hockey would be a great thing, as opposed to a "hometown boy" having the team as just another of his play toys.
Last edited by Mad City Mike on Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
pensfan20
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pensfan20 »

MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
pensfan20 wrote:
MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
newarenanow wrote:IN a way, I wouldn't mind him being owner, but in another way, I don't want him.

Pros:

Cons:

Cuban has backed out of so many offers that IF he ever did buy the team i would not be convinced that he would keep the team here in the long run. He is all about making more and more money and if he thought the team would fetch more money out west then he would move the team in a heartbeat. (of coarse thats if the NHL allowed it, but im still not totally convinced that the NHL would resist as much as they say they would)
i was joking :roll:
I relized that with the smily face. I was just stating my opinion cause i know there are many who believe that cuban would be a great owner.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by pfim »

Mad City Mike wrote:On TSN, they showed Mario, Sawyer, and somebody I don't think was either Burkle or Balsillie (definitely not the latter) really yukking it up during the game. They looked very happy and relaxed. If this is what that caller was going on, it most definitely was not Balsillie.
Guy had too much hair to be Balsillie and didn't look like Burkle. If Balsillie was there, there's no doubt that TSN would have let everyone know about it.

He may be at the Sunday game, though...
Cire7
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Cire7 »

Who knows if he really was even at the game, we are going by with one guy who called a rado show said even though it might be true. How come none of the local papers picked this up? This for now is just another rumor to make us start jumping to conclusions.
Guins

Post by Guins »

pensfan20 wrote:
MarioLemieux1992 wrote:

Pros:

Cons:

What color is the sky in your world,30 year, lease how is he going to take them anywhere,anyone for that matter :roll:
Last edited by Guins on Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
CP2

Post by CP2 »

Has anyone besides "a caller" confirmed that JB was in the owners box last night? There are a lot of bald businessman out there that might have been in the box.

It doesn't make much sense since there was some bad blood and the team is officially "off the market".
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Mad City Mike »

MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
Mad City Mike wrote:On TSN, they showed Mario, Sawyer, and somebody I don't think was either Burkle or Balsillie (definitely not the latter) really yukking it up during the game. They looked very happy and relaxed. If this is what that caller was going on, it most definitely was not Balsillie.
then who was it :?
It was an older guy who I thought might have been Burkle. But I Googled Burkle images this AM, and it wasn't him. So I have no idea. Maybe somebody who is computer-literate can post an image off the broadcast?
conforto45
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by conforto45 »

CP2 wrote:Has anyone besides "a caller" confirmed that JB was in the owners box last night? There are a lot of bald businessman out there that might have been in the box.

It doesn't make much sense since there was some bad blood and the team is officially "off the market".
Maybe it was Messier.. he has a new found love for the Penguins...