The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Post by PghSkins »

WELCOME TO THE MACHINE!!!!!!!!!
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

Siebel is so bad. His delivery annoys me to no end
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

Troy Loney wrote:I feel like I need new avenue to voice my displeasure with such talk show people like Seibel, Alexander & Vinny.

Every minute these schlubs are on the air is one less minute that could be done by either a competent, non condescending, or knowledgable person respectively.
See Demaro, Rocco.
profpolisci
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by profpolisci »

Anybody know what Junker is doing?
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

profpolisci wrote:Anybody know what Junker is doing?
Soliciting prostitutes?
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

lol
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

profpolisci wrote:Anybody know what Junker is doing?
He runs the sports desk at WTAE.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

it annoys me how vinnie and cook always lambaste people for criticizing their opinions and then someone calls up saying that he things urban meyer will be the next coach at PSU and they railed him. why should i respect their opinions when they tear other people down for theirs? also they have said twice the pens score last night was 7-1 which is equally annoying
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:it annoys me how vinnie and cook always lambaste people for criticizing their opinions and then someone calls up saying that he things urban meyer will be the next coach at PSU and they railed him. why should i respect their opinions when they tear other people down for theirs? also they have said twice the pens score last night was 7-1 which is equally annoying
It's Ron Cook. I've heard various things that people call him constantly trying to prank call him.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Malkamaniac wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:it annoys me how vinnie and cook always lambaste people for criticizing their opinions and then someone calls up saying that he things urban meyer will be the next coach at PSU and they railed him. why should i respect their opinions when they tear other people down for theirs? also they have said twice the pens score last night was 7-1 which is equally annoying
It's Ron Cook. I've heard various things that people call him constantly trying to prank call him.

I heard vinnie go berserk one day when a caller questioned his credentials...it was comical, sad, uncomfortable, and entertaining all at the same time.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Troy Loney wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:

I heard vinnie go berserk one day when a caller questioned his credentials...it was comical, sad, uncomfortable, and entertaining all at the same time.
Is Vinnie the guy on Sundays evenings? I heard somebody call in questioning credentials this Sunday and whoever was on the radio lost their mind for a few minutes.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

JS© wrote: Is Vinnie the guy on Sundays evenings? I heard somebody call in questioning credentials this Sunday and whoever was on the radio lost their mind for a few minutes.
Does the sunday night guy have a major speed impediment? like when he says three, it sounds like shree.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

dish ish ninty shree sheven th fen
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Malkamaniac wrote:dish ish ninty shree sheven th fen

wich wahdweegez.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Vinnie really really really needs to find a new way to introduce callers other than 'your up here on niney tree sheven da fan' your up here, next caller is Steve he's up here....I don't care if guys don't know that much, or they argue with different opinions, but Vinne has so many irritating personality traits I ant take the entire station anymore. From his speech, to his 'yawr up here's' over and over and over, to his nose whistling during interviews. Unreal this guy gets a talk show job.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

DudeMan2766 wrote:Vinnie really really really needs to find a new way to introduce callers other than 'your up here on niney tree sheven da fan' your up here, next caller is Steve he's up here....I don't care if guys don't know that much, or they argue with different opinions, but Vinne has so many irritating personality traits I ant take the entire station anymore. From his speech, to his 'yawr up here's' over and over and over, to his nose whistling during interviews. Unreal this guy gets a talk show job.

the nose whistling/heavy breathing/wheezing during phone calls is so gross.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Troy Loney wrote:
JS© wrote: Is Vinnie the guy on Sundays evenings? I heard somebody call in questioning credentials this Sunday and whoever was on the radio lost their mind for a few minutes.
Does the sunday night guy have a major speed impediment? like when he says three, it sounds like shree.
Not 100% sure. I only knew the guy was an idiot. Callers would call in with their opinions about Wanny not coaching the bowl game, and he seemed pissed no matter which side they took.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

JS© wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:
Not 100% sure. I only knew the guy was an idiot. Callers would call in with their opinions about Wanny not coaching the bowl game, and he seemed pissed no matter which side they took.
That sounds like Colin Dunlap to me....but i don't know that the weekend lineup is, if they even have a weekend lineup.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I don't listen to this station.
Are these people as bad as Chris Mack?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

columbia wrote:I don't listen to this station.
no.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Seibel talking hockey....about as bad as mike logan talking hockey, except seibel is actually trying to pass it off as though he knows what he's talking about.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

columbia wrote:I don't listen to this station.
As bad as they are, it's not even close. Chris Mack was putridly bad at his best. I'd say the closest to Mack on this station is Seibel or Vinnie. Again, my wish list: Colin Dunlap and John Phillips get shows. Seibel buried to late night, Miller and Mueller get a show.

I think the addition of Miller to the Machine is because Seibel and Starkey are irritating.
EagleMorph
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by EagleMorph »

Doubtful Dunlap does much more with the station. He's taking over the Pirates beat for the Post-Gazette, so he won't have the time.

John Phillips, meanwhile, was on after the Winter Classic and refused to talk about the event. All he wanted to do was talk about the Pitt coaching situation. Yes, it's a big deal, but you could spend at least some of your show talking about the major event that just concluded in the city in which you host a radio show.

No thank you.
Marshall Dylan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Marshall Dylan »

EagleMorph wrote:Doubtful Dunlap does much more with the station. He's taking over the Pirates beat for the Post-Gazette, so he won't have the time.

John Phillips, meanwhile, was on after the Winter Classic and refused to talk about the event. All he wanted to do was talk about the Pitt coaching situation. Yes, it's a big deal, but you could spend at least some of your show talking about the major event that just concluded in the city in which you host a radio show.

No thank you.
They were probably counter-programming the hockey talk from the postgame show on The X.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

paul alexander is talking with the excitement of ben stein today. zzzzzzzzzzzzz