Penguin Road Game

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Have you ever attended a Penguin away game?

Yes
62%
No
38%

Total votes: 74

Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Penguin Road Game

Post by Senka »

So me and a few friends are planning a road game this year. I assumed Washington @ the end of March would be the closest. Does anyone know who has the cheaper raates (us or WASH)... i'm not so sure i'll get tickets though. i plan to go look eventually, but i didnt know if anyone knew. I've never traveled with our team, but i look forward to it. Stir up some Pens hype and all in someone else's house.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Mad City Mike »

I have seen them play in Dallas, St. Louis, Chicago, and St. Paul.
schreibdog
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by schreibdog »

I've had the pleasure of watching the Pens in Atlanta and Carolina. I've been to a bunch of other rinks, but caught non-Pens games. Atlanta and Florida have the nicest looking rinks, in my opinion (although I'd like to check out Minnesota's rink), but Edmonton has the best atmosphere.
Armyrulez
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Armyrulez »

My wife and I are attending the NJ Devils game on March 14th in the Meadowlands-Any suggestions on a hotel?
King Sid the Great 87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by King Sid the Great 87 »

Armyrulez wrote:My wife and I are attending the NJ Devils game on March 14th in the Meadowlands-Any suggestions on a hotel?
There is a hotel (Hilton I think) right there within walking distance.

FYI, Continental Airlines is a dump. They need a new arena more than the Penguins.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

No. But if they remain in town, my buddy and I either plan on going to Buffalo or Washington for a game next year.
Hawkeynut
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Hawkeynut »

Away games are all that I watch.. infact this Sunday I will be watching them play Montreal.
Armyrulez
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Armyrulez »

King Sid the Great 87 wrote:
Armyrulez wrote:My wife and I are attending the NJ Devils game on March 14th in the Meadowlands-Any suggestions on a hotel?
There is a hotel (Hilton I think) right there within walking distance.

FYI, Continental Airlines is a dump. They need a new arena more than the Penguins.
The Devils called me the other day, I guess just because I bought tix to that game and they asked me to become a season ticket holder at their new arena. I told him I was a Penguin Season Ticket Holder and that I lived in Pittsburgh, and his response was "well, I hear you could scalp them for a profit" What the.......?!
Fast B
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Fast B »

I've seen them play in San Jose, but I have gone on the road several times to see them play in Pittsburgh. :D
nexguy66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by nexguy66 »

I've attended about 7 pens games in Dallas including an exhibition game :D

And I SURELY plan on attending the VERY NEXT game that comes to Texas... in 8 years :cry:
pghteams

Re: Penguin Road Game

Post by pghteams »

Senka wrote:So me and a few friends are planning a road game this year. I assumed Washington @ the end of March would be the closest. Does anyone know who has the cheaper raates (us or WASH)... i'm not so sure i'll get tickets though. i plan to go look eventually, but i didnt know if anyone knew. I've never traveled with our team, but i look forward to it. Stir up some Pens hype and all in someone else's house.
I live in MD and attend all the Pens games here. Ticket prices are about the same and if you plan on staying the night get a hotel on a metro line and metro (subway) to the game.
eastonpensfan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by eastonpensfan »

I've been to a couple in Philly, including one during the Rico Fata era (02-03). At that one, an old man stood up dancing near the end of the game when the Cryers scored and was pointing and laughing at me (since I was in a Pens jersey).

I hate Flyers fans.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I saw their win in Atlanta in November or maybe early December, i can't remember exactly when it was.
BrianG
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by BrianG »

I've seen them play in Tampa. When I lived there. Of course they lost. Damn Florida road trips!
lauren

Post by lauren »

I saw them in Tampa as well......the seats were way high, but for $9.75, I could honestly care less....at least I was there!!
ams
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ams »

Only last year vs. Chicago, though I'd like to use the Pens as an excuse to do more traveling....then again, at this point in my life, a Pens home game is an excuse for traveling.
BurghThing
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by BurghThing »

Lived in Tampa up until 3 years ago. Every game the Pens were in town, I was there. Unfortunately I tended to show up more than the Penguins did.
ushockeyteam1980

Post by ushockeyteam1980 »

I've never been to an away game, but if I go to Ohio State for school, I'll see them play the Blue Jackets. But I don't think that's until 2008...BOO!
PensLove

Post by PensLove »

I just got back from a trip to Phoenix, where I got to see the Pens play the Coyotes. It was my first ever game away from Mellon arena. Their arena is beautiful and the Pens didn't disappoint either. My Arizona friends were amazed at how Crosby played. I told them we get to see that everyday in Pittsburgh. It was a great time all around
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

As long as you do not want glass tickets in Washington ($225) you shuld be able to find comparable prices.

I have been to DC and Buffalo... I honeslty like Mellon Arena better than both other arenas.
joe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

penquins road game

Post by joe »

I've been lucky enough to see them at the following cities

1) Philly - numerous time
2) DC - likewise
3) Carolina
4) New York City
5) Long Island

But nothing beats seeing them in the burgh and i'm hoping to do this sat! :)
saleen66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by saleen66 »

Seen them in Buffalo at least 5 times.
saleen66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by saleen66 »

And in Carolina this year (almost forgot)