Cuban in the pens lockerroom

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by HomerPenguin »

Guins wrote:
JDime20 wrote:i dont understand why people wouldnt want him to buy the team. look what he's done with the Mavericks. they were awful until he bought them and look at them now, best team in the NBA. we already have a good team so as we all know it won;t take much to put us over the hump and be an elite team. its not like he'll be on the bench screaming at the officials. i think it would be great for the franchise if he bought it. but like everyone said there is nothing he can do right now because it's not for sale
HEY!!!!!!! No common sense allowed in this discussion :lol: :lol:
Look, very few people have said that they would NOT want Cuban to buy this team. But Pittsburgh has been down this road with him a couple of times and the available evidence suggests that he likes to throw around the idea of buying the Penguins or the Pirates to garner approval in his hometown, but he's not interested in actually following through. Now go kiss the life-size Mark Cuban poster you have on your bedroom wall and whisper to it that everything will be alright, and relax.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by HomerPenguin »

Scott wrote:What in the hell do you want Cuban to do right now?
Nothing. But I sure would have liked it if he'd done more when he was partnered with Loudmouth McTaxiguy to make the best bid and buy the team. I sure would have liked it if he would have invested in the team when it came out of bankruptcy, although I acknowledge that he probably shares the blame for that. I sure would like it if he either made a serious offer to buy the Nothings off and take over the Pirates, or at least never again talk about buying them when they're not for sale. I sure would like it if he actually managed to follow through on buying one of these teams instead of accumulating a massive amount of plausible deniability, which is all I've seen him do to date.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
Corvidae wrote:I'm still trying to get the thought of Lemieux spooning the Stanley Cup out of my head.
Since i'm am still a little kid and only have a slight idea of what that means, please don't tell me :shock: , but yeah, if cuban were to buy this team, we could have crosby,malkin,staal and fleury for 15 years...if we get a cheap owner this could turn into a lemieux, jagr, francis thing, plus we could also pick up a few big name free agents
Enter, if you dare: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spooning
bill from turtle creek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by bill from turtle creek »

Apparently MC and Murstein had a big big falling-out over how the business side would be run, if they won the bidding war. MC took a position we'd favor, and Murstein took a position that the Nuttings would favor.

Now tell me, is that a bad thing?
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by HomerPenguin »

bill from turtle creek wrote:Apparently MC and Murstein had a big big falling-out over how the business side would be run, if they won the bidding war. MC took a position we'd favor, and Murstein took a position that the Nuttings would favor.

Now tell me, is that a bad thing?
No, but since Mark supposedly didn't put any money into that group anyway, it wasn't really his place to say how things ought to be run, was it? I'd have preferred he got into the process with the intention of actually paying to own the team, not just to lend his name to a group headed by a guy who was effectively a carnival sideshow.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
Corvidae wrote:
MarioLemieux1992 wrote:
Corvidae wrote:I'm still trying to get the thought of Lemieux spooning the Stanley Cup out of my head.
Since i'm am still a little kid and only have a slight idea of what that means, please don't tell me :shock: , but yeah, if cuban were to buy this team, we could have crosby,malkin,staal and fleury for 15 years...if we get a cheap owner this could turn into a lemieux, jagr, francis thing, plus we could also pick up a few big name free agents
Enter, if you dare: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spooning
Oh never mind, i do that all the time
With the Stanley Cup?