Cuban in the pens lockerroom

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
Racer17
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Racer17 »

The more I read about Cuban hanging around the Pens the madder I get. He'll never buy a Pittsburgh team but loves the free press.
Stillwag
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Stillwag »

Racer17 wrote:The more I read about Cuban hanging around the Pens the madder I get. He'll never buy a Pittsburgh team but loves the free press.
I agree 100%. But at the same time, there's always that little bit of dreamer in me that falls for his tricks. I guess that's why I hate him, because he always slightly gets my hopes up.
Guido
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Guido »

He needs to step up and do something already. With his clout and financial backing, he could really make a difference for this team.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by knives of ice »

i don't give a damn what anyone says, if he buys the pens it will be the best thing that could happen to the franchise ownership wise and it will be excellent for the nhl too.
SDPensFan

Post by SDPensFan »

i'm not sure why Cuban and Mario don't get along?

anybody?
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by The U »

Mario said the team isnt up for sale right now. Cuban CANT do anything right now because of that. He has said as much. The team will be put up for sale again once the arena situation gets solved. THEN, and only then, can we yell at Cuban for not buying the team.
JDJ8766
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by JDJ8766 »

SDPensFan wrote:i'm not sure why Cuban and Mario don't get along?

anybody?
http://espn.go.com/talent/danpatrick/s/ ... 68376.html
DP: What do you think of Mark Cuban as an owner? He's certainly passionate and involved.
ML: I don't know if he's that passionate. He wanted to be my partner, but it didn't work out. We have different personalities. He's definitely looking for a bit of publicity for himself and the team. But I don't think he's going about it the right way.
SDPensFan

Post by SDPensFan »

Thanks for the Article link

Had to laugh at fav singer...Celine Dion

Never would have guessed that one.
JDJ8766
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by JDJ8766 »

SDPensFan wrote:Thanks for the Article link

Had to laugh at fav singer...Celine Dion

Never would have guessed that one.
No Prob...

I liked the comments about drinking Iron City and Marino only golfing so he can drink beer.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

DP: You spooned with the Cup?
ML: Just for a few minutes.
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Bowser »

typical Mark Cuban.

I wish the Pittsburgh would ignore him.
bill from turtle creek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by bill from turtle creek »

The question is, would Cuban have so much negative reaction in Pittsburgh if it weren't for the fact that MM has ridden his ass so much? How much of the anti-Cuban feeling comes from the Madden acolytes initially?
Guins

Post by Guins »

bill from turtle creek wrote:The question is, would Cuban have so much negative reaction in Pittsburgh if it weren't for the fact that MM has ridden his ass so much? How much of the anti-Cuban feeling comes from the Madden acolytes initially?
You got it, That and a financial version of P*nis envy :roll: :roll:
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Bowser »

I can tell you I'm sick of Mark Cuban because he uses our media to drive up his ego and notch a marker on his belt while bragging to his Pittsburgh buddies.

If Cuban was even half serious about his "I made a mistake", he wouldn't come out poo-poohing the team is off the market and using every excuse in the book.

He does it all the time.

Actions are worth more than words after 5-years of this merry-go-round.
bill from turtle creek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by bill from turtle creek »

It sounds to me like he is being prudent right now. The team isn't on the market, so why should he say anything different than what he is saying? Cuban's a high profile guy, and anything he says or does attracts attention. He goes into the Pens locker room and everybody notices. Everybody here (well, some of you) assume that he does this so that the cameras notice him. Well, you know what? The cameras always notice him, whether he wants it or not, because everybody knows who he is, especially in Dallas.

I think a lot of the reaction to Cuban is knee-jerk. Let's wait and see what happens when the arena deal is finalized (hopefully this week) and the team is for sale again. If he doesn't make any earnest attempt to bid on the team next time through, I may join the legion of fans here who have swallowed MM's characterization of him. I would be highly amused, however, to have a passionate billionaire hometown boy as the owner.
edog

Post by edog »

bill from turtle creek wrote:It sounds to me like he is being prudent right now. The team isn't on the market, so why should he say anything different than what he is saying? Cuban's a high profile guy, and anything he says or does attracts attention. He goes into the Pens locker room and everybody notices. Everybody here (well, some of you) assume that he does this so that the cameras notice him. Well, you know what? The cameras always notice him, whether he wants it or not, because everybody knows who he is, especially in Dallas.

I think a lot of the reaction to Cuban is knee-jerk. Let's wait and see what happens when the arena deal is finalized (hopefully this week) and the team is for sale again. If he doesn't make any earnest attempt to bid on the team next time through, I may join the legion of fans here who have swallowed MM's characterization of him. I would be highly amused, however, to have a passionate billionaire hometown boy as the owner.
First off, I'm not a big Mark Cuban fan.....actions speak louder than photo ops....that being said, IF he were to buy this team, I would be doing a major happy dance. He is deep pocketed & more importantly, from Pittsburgh. The Pens need someone like that....we shall see..
Andrew
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Ha

Post by Andrew »

Absolutely. Yeah. Being from Pittsburgh, that's the beer I drink all the time.
It'd be interesting to hear his tone of voice on that one.

Yeah, of course
Guins

Post by Guins »

bill from turtle creek wrote:It sounds to me like he is being prudent right now. The team isn't on the market, so why should he say anything different than what he is saying? Cuban's a high profile guy, and anything he says or does attracts attention. He goes into the Pens locker room and everybody notices. Everybody here (well, some of you) assume that he does this so that the cameras notice him. Well, you know what? The cameras always notice him, whether he wants it or not, because everybody knows who he is, especially in Dallas.

He can't win, he says he wants to buy the team & people call him a "media whore", He doesn't say anything & he's full of crap :roll: :lol:
JDime20

Post by JDime20 »

i dont understand why people wouldnt want him to buy the team. look what he's done with the Mavericks. they were awful until he bought them and look at them now, best team in the NBA. we already have a good team so as we all know it won;t take much to put us over the hump and be an elite team. its not like he'll be on the bench screaming at the officials. i think it would be great for the franchise if he bought it. but like everyone said there is nothing he can do right now because it's not for sale
Guins

Post by Guins »

JDime20 wrote:i dont understand why people wouldnt want him to buy the team. look what he's done with the Mavericks. they were awful until he bought them and look at them now, best team in the NBA. we already have a good team so as we all know it won;t take much to put us over the hump and be an elite team. its not like he'll be on the bench screaming at the officials. i think it would be great for the franchise if he bought it. but like everyone said there is nothing he can do right now because it's not for sale
HEY!!!!!!! No common sense allowed in this discussion :lol: :lol:
owtahear
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by owtahear »

I am not one holding out hope on a Cuban ownership and he may just be grandstanding when he does things like this.

However.....

I find the reaction to Cuban hilarious amongst Yinzers. Those who are faithful devotees of Madden now hate Cuban, and I haven't heard any sound reason why except they are regurgitating what Mark told them and they are pretty much brainless so if MM sez it, it has to be true.

Don't know what happens. Cuban may not be interested despite what he says. Cuban and Mario seem to be like oil and water. But my god, if Mark Cuban would want to own the Pens and is serious about it, it would be the best news possible. Not to mention the oh so sweet ancillary benefit of shoving it up someone's really big butt.
Scott
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Scott »

Ok, here is the big question for y'all...

What in the hell do you want Cuban to do right now?

Does everyone forget one huge thing here, THE TEAM IS NOT, I REPEAT NOT FOR SALE.

Do you want him to pay the Pens arena contribution? Doubt he will do that since THE TEAM IS NOT FOR SALE. You want him to say I will offer xyx amount when THE TEAM IS NOT FOR SALE! Lemieux and co. are not going to sell this team until they have a home. The value of a franchise with a new home, nice juicy lease, is a lot higher than present day Pens.

If they land one of the best arena deals in the NHL, the value of the Pens will approach the 175-200 mill mark. Baldy was only paying 175..because he can afford to over spend, and becasue he was going to move the team all along.

When the team goes back up for sale, No Cuban,,,please by all means ***** away.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

I'm still trying to get the thought of Lemieux spooning the Stanley Cup out of my head.