WWE Wars Post-Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

WWE Wars Post-Game Thread

Post by Kicksave »

Thanks for all who participated and thanks to shad for really picking up a lot of the mid-game write-ups. Between meetings and I took a sick day on Monday, he kept the game going as fast as we could.

Here is a link to everything.

I didn't want to copy/paste everything but want to share the document that shad and I worked from and I'll explain a few of the twists we used.

The Anonymous General Manager
I was really excited about this role, however, random.org disagreed and gave the role to mac5155 who really didn't know how to handle it and kind of threw in the white towel early on. If you watch WWE, the anonymous GM can really go either way much of the time so that is why I included the random switching of sides during the game. In the future, this role is going to require someone who is a good thinker of the game and can differentiate someone who is acting good or bad. The double vote is a very powerful tool if used strategically. Also, most powers in these games are used at night and I really wanted to give someone some powers during the day.

The Undertaker and the Darkness
I built this into the good seer because it went with the character and I wanted to give him something extra. We have a tendency to vote off the seer early in games so I wanted to give him a tool to come out with if he was on the chopping block. I also thought it would be interesting to see how people would vote. I thought it was going to work out well because the village had A LOT of good information with the Kraftster and Mork outing him but it went largely ignored. I think people just wanted to get it over with more so than using that time to look back at what they had and not be manipulated by the baddies or vocal villagers who had no idea what they were talking about.

Another minor role we had was the John Cena (Zarovich) role. If the Nexus ended up seeing Zarovich, Cena was going to join the Nexus. However, they killed him instead. :lol:

At first, I was scared that the Nexus would have had a huge numbers advantage if they used their recruit, got John Cena and the anonymous general manager rolled their way but it didn't work out that way. I really built the game to have more than 25. That's why I added the Chris Jericho JOAT role after the fact to give the greens one more good guy.

Also, c2i didn't have any role. He made up the fact that he couldn't talk until someone brought up his name.

All in all, I was a bit disappointed because I thought it would pick up faster than it did but c'est la vie.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: WWE Wars Post-Game Thread

Post by Kicksave »

Who had roles:
redwill - Wade Barrett (Nexus leader)
Kraftster - Justin Gabriel (Nexus seer)
pittsports87 - Skip Sheffield (Nexus bodyguard)

Malkamaniac - The Undertaker (the phenom)
MWB - The Big Show (bodyguard)
sdm5055/relental - Chris Jericho (man of 1004 moves)
thehockeyguru - Randy Orton (the viper)

mac5155 - Anonymous RAW GM

Zarovich - John Cena
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

So 2 greens atacked the good angel in the same night?
:lol:

Great game KS and shaf!
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

pittsports87 wrote:So 2 greens atacked the good angel in the same night?

Geat game KS and shaf!
Yes, I got a good laugh out of that. The vig, the JOAT and the baddies all killed MWB the same night.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Frustration to the max. I was pissed that I kept researching blues, but all you guys had to do was go after what I limited and play the numbers game for the last person.

I bombed on Bhaw because I felt he played with me too much at the end.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Malkamaniac wrote:Frustration to the max. I was pissed that I kept researching blues, but all you guys had to do was go after what I limited and play the numbers game for the last person.

You got redwill but he came back blue because he was the Nexus leader. :lol:
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Kicksave wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:Frustration to the max. I was pissed that I kept researching blues, but all you guys had to do was go after what I limited and play the numbers game for the last person.

You got redwill but he came back blue because he was the Nexus leader. :lol:
Ghey
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Fun game. And funny that I used the block power late (when I thought I was all but dead) on sdm, the former holder of my role (I didn't know who gave it up, only that they didn't have enough time for the role - I think I had assumed that the prior roleholder was then gone as a blue and dead in the next writeup, so didn't even think to suspect the blue was still out there :face: ).
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Good game KS/shad :thumb:
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

slappybrown wrote:Good game KS/shad :thumb:
Thanks <3
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Good game KS

Terrible modding shad.
steve784
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by steve784 »

Fun game. It was the first time I ever played a wars game, so pretty much 1 of the 2 things I thought would happen to me happened. Either I would get killed early, or I would get played pretty bad. Still a tad confused with some of it, but I'm definitely ready for more.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Malkamaniac wrote:Good game KS

Terrible modding shad.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

steve784 wrote:Fun game. It was the first time I ever played a wars game, so pretty much 1 of the 2 things I thought would happen to me happened. Either I would get killed early, or I would get played pretty bad. Still a tad confused with some of it, but I'm definitely ready for more.
If I brought a few more people, the game was definitely worth it. Hopefully skullman enjoyed the game as well.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Thanks for the fun game KS and shaf.

I really enjoyed the game, but I still hate being bad.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

Kicksave wrote:
steve784 wrote:Fun game. It was the first time I ever played a wars game, so pretty much 1 of the 2 things I thought would happen to me happened. Either I would get killed early, or I would get played pretty bad. Still a tad confused with some of it, but I'm definitely ready for more.
If I brought a few more people, the game was definitely worth it. Hopefully skullman enjoyed the game as well.
I did.

I needed to be more active though. I'm on LGP all the time, but I honestly forgot to go into the NHR games forum. :face:

Still a fun time.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I just want to throw this out there, Shad is a terrible mod. He failed so hard this game by trying to bridge the gap between wrestling generations. He's an ijit.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Malkamaniac wrote:I just want to throw this out there, Shad is a terrible mod. He failed so hard this game by trying to bridge the gap between wrestling generations. He's an ijit.
I've got to say, my modding shortcomings in the beginning paled in comparison to your utter failure at selecting remotely suspicious people to use your power on. But hey, at least we know who the blue players are! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Kicksave wrote:
pittsports87 wrote:So 2 greens atacked the good angel in the same night?

Geat game KS and shaf!
Yes, I got a good laugh out of that. The vig, the JOAT and the baddies all killed MWB the same night.
Nice... does that place me in the Warz Hall of Fame?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

shafnutz05 wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:I just want to throw this out there, Shad is a terrible mod. He failed so hard this game by trying to bridge the gap between wrestling generations. He's an ijit.
I've got to say, my modding shortcomings in the beginning paled in comparison to your utter failure at selecting remotely suspicious people to use your power on. But hey, at least we know who the blue players are! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
I can't help it, you fail. Sorry. I laid out the plan at the end, that could have nabbed atleast 1-2 more. However you keep thinking the nexus is a ruff and tough group and finishing moves form the early 90's mix in.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I did it on one writeup. The majority of people that watched wrestling in the early 1990s no longer watch it today. I am not even remotely trying to compare the Nexus to any of the early 90s stables. I was trying to have some fun with the writeup by including a throwback move. If you don't like it, get over it. Or as you would say, CRY MOAR
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

Malkamaniac wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:
I can't help it, you fail. Sorry. I laid out the plan at the end, that could have nabbed atleast 1-2 more. However you keep thinking the nexus is a ruff and tough group and finishing moves form the early 90's mix in.
Yeah, didn't you tell the village to target bhaw and relentel?
:pop:
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

actually I did pittsports, right before I died, and I was wrong.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

wtf is the nexus anyway?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

sdm, why did you kill me? I know why thg did, but did you have the same reasoning?