Kovulchuk gets nabbed for illegal stick

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
mnpensfan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Kovulchuk gets nabbed for illegal stick

Post by mnpensfan »

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=153104&hubname=

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I used to like the kid, but after taunting Sid as he was coming out of the box I can't stand him.

He also pulled an Albert Belle against Nashville awhile back. Their head coach wanted to see his stick after he scored a goal to have the curve checked, but he had somebody on the bench switch sticks right afterwards and the illegal one wasn't there anymore.

Hartley wasn't pleased with him either last night since he benched him for the last five minutes of the game after the penalty.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Ron` »

I'm shocked. I mean who would have guessed he was using illegal sticks. Never a hint of that on any games I watched on TV. I'm sure one of the leagues official "crack investigators" (a term referencing their cranal placement) will get to the bottom of this story.

Just more bad press for the league because of botched officiating. You can't tell me that the officials Toronto watching the game broadcasts didn't see this coming. The had plenty of chance and a duty to send a warning to the team.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Bowser »

I hate the rule but until its gone, I would call for an illegal stick on Ilya's first shift.
Tazman5099
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Tazman5099 »

I wonder if Hartley was pissed that he had an illegal stick, or that he was playing with the illegal stick in the last 5 minutes of the game.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Mad City Mike »

Tazman5099 wrote:I wonder if Hartley was pissed that he had an illegal stick, or that he was playing with the illegal stick in the last 5 minutes of the game.
Or that he has sucked recently? We all know how terrible his defense is, and he isn't scoring right now either. That makes him as bad as Shane Endicott :lol:.
Last edited by Mad City Mike on Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by FallenHero96 »

This post should go in "NPR"... and there is already one there about it. :)
yeltzen

Post by yeltzen »

Oh God, what a joke those comments from his coach are.
I mean, does he really expect anyone to think he didn't know? The guy changes his stick and the trainer runs into the locker room with the illegal one at the end of pretty much every game. Get the hell out of here.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Ron` »

FallenHero96 wrote:This post should go in "NPR"... and there is already one there about it. :)
Hmm RJ, the monkey police have started forming. He's probably right with the current options.

Sorry for whatever reason I did not see the 6am post in NPR. Actually I seem to never scan NPR. I had untill now seen very little NHL info. I guess if it isn't directly about the Pens and merely has to do with their rivals, I will have to post and view in NPR? This will make it confusing to discuss players on rival teams etc. I mean a post about Jagr and the Rangers should be NPR then huh?

Do we start a prospects one too? I guess where does it end?

I think Main and NHR is likely enough, but thats my opinion. This rant should likely be moved to NHR huh?
freq019
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by freq019 »

Bowser wrote:I hate the rule but until its gone, I would call for an illegal stick on Ilya's first shift.
If he's using the Innovative stick then yes, but if he's using the warrior then no.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by netwolf »

If they want to get rid of this issue, all they have to do is put the same kind of regaulations on it as goalie gear. Problem solved.

Personally, I think they should just ditch the rule and let them use any curve they want. Then ban one-piece composites.
freq019
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by freq019 »

netwolf wrote: Personally, I think they should just ditch the rule and let them use any curve they want. Then ban one-piece composites.
Amen!