The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Post by Troy Loney »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:I heard Seibel yesterday, at the end of his show yesterday, tell a story about how his brother went to France during high school, took a picture of his "favre" while he was there, and showed it to him and his family. Then Seibel went on this rant, trying to be funny, on how he was sexually assaulted by his brother because of this picture. It was really, really uncomfortable.

Fire Seibel.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

Troy Loney wrote:
cheesesteakwithegg wrote:I heard Seibel yesterday, at the end of his show yesterday, tell a story about how his brother went to France during high school, took a picture of his "favre" while he was there, and showed it to him and his family. Then Seibel went on this rant, trying to be funny, on how he was sexually assaulted by his brother because of this picture. It was really, really uncomfortable.

Fire Seibel.
I know its been said here before, but it makes you wonder who the producers are on The Fan. It was a 3-4 minute uncomfortable rant. Why they didnt make him stop is beyond me.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

seibel :thumbdown:
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

When he showed the pic did he say "GREETINGS AND WELCOME TO THE MACHINE?"
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

im gonna start answer my phone, 'hello, welcome to the machine'
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:im gonna start answer my phone, 'hello, welcome to the machine'

that's fine...but you need some incest stories to tell your callers.
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Member »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:im gonna start answer my phone, 'hello, welcome to the machine'
Is that the actual name of their radio show? Horrible.

And it's "Greetings, and welcome to the Machine". :pop:
EagleMorph
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by EagleMorph »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:

Fire Seibel.
I know its been said here before, but it makes you wonder who the producers are on The Fan. It was a 3-4 minute uncomfortable rant. Why they didnt make him stop is beyond me.
The producers are part-timers who push buttons and make sure that callers don't swear, that callers are lined up, and that the shows go in and out of commercial breaks accurately. That's it. They have no power.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I think it's safe to say that the Fan has been moved to the last radio dial button. This way, I'll really have to consider going to that station by actually reaching over to hit it.
Last edited by Malkamaniac on Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

Amazing how much they are screwing the opportunity to implant themselves. I never thought I would be pining for the Drive.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

madden just said clear channel hired Stan, didn't hear about time slots or anything...
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Madden just said Stan savarn just signed with clear channel. Lol 93.7
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

eddysnake wrote:madden just said clear channel hired Stan, didn't hear about time slots or anything...
I'll talk to a kid I know who works there and see whats up.
Psychlone
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Psychlone »

Madden just announced that Savran has signed with Clearchannel. He will be doing some Steeler pregame stuff, appearing on Mark's show once a week, the X morning show once a week, and also appearing on some Fox 970 shows as well.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

Per Smizik's Blog...

Stan Savran will return to Pittsburgh radio next week on a part-time basis working in multiple roles for the region's Clear Channel stations.
Beginning Sunday, Savran will be part of the Steelers Radio Network, which airs locally on WDVE and Fox Sports Radio 970. He will appear on the pre-game show, do a half-time report and a post-game wrap-up. He also will do a post-game call-in show following away games with Tim Benz.

Additionally, he will make once-a-week guest appearances on the ''WDVE Morning Show,'' on WDVE, ''The Mark Madden Show,'' on WXDX, and ''The Joe Bendel Show'' and ''Tunch and Wolf,'' on Fox Sports Radio 970.
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Member »

That's a waste. Mark Madden said Clear Channel is the "Big Leagues", that's right because FOX970 just kills it in the ratings.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

They will when Stan is on. :pop:
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

So is Stan Sacramento with ClearChannel now?
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

LMAO Seibel got his own name wrong this morning. "This is John Sobel."
Ned Braden
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Ned Braden »

PghSkins wrote:LMAO Seibel got his own name wrong this morning. "This is John Sobel."
That's what he gets for not welcoming you to The Machine.

BTW ... I doubt Stan actually signed anything to work part time. He's still liable to show up on The Fan in a month or 3.
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marshall Dylan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Marshall Dylan »

Before you reunite S & G, you should check with G. I'm sure he misses the extra cash from doing radio five days a week, but I'll bet he doesn't miss the 12-14 days he put in because of his TV duty. By his own admission, Stan has no life apart from his work. Junker has a family.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Grimm is annoying. He sounds like he's on coke and his pronounciations are awkward
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Marshall Dylan wrote:Before you reunite S & G, you should check with G. I'm sure he misses the extra cash from doing radio five days a week, but I'll bet he doesn't miss the 12-14 days he put in because of his TV duty. By his own admission, Stan has no life apart from his work. Junker has a family.
He is a busy guy. This time of year he does Penn State Football Story on top of all that. Of course if my career was what Guy's is, I'd be willing to put in all that time too.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:Grimm is annoying. He sounds like he's on coke and his pronounciations are awkward
He was trying to say Fleury like a frenchman. He's just awful. He rants without a true point to make for at least a half hour straight. Everytime he's on I text him and tell him, "make a point, take some calls and discuss said point, make new point, rinse, wash, repeat, at least try and act like a radio host." I never get a text back.