The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Post by Member »

Troy Loney wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:oh, well i think they do a pretty good job discussing all the pittsburgh sports, giving volume to those that generate interest (stillers, pitt, sometimes buccos). will be interesting ot see what happens when pens season starts rolling.

they talk way too much about pitt football, and this is coming from a pitt alumni. titleman's daily calls into all of the radio stations provides all the pitt football talk that is needd.
This Pitt Football team doesn't deserve that much coverage, but it's refreshing to hear it in comparison to 1250, which basically ignored Pitt.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

the pitt volume has increased since 937 became the flagship, which is somewhat expected, but at times its unbearable
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:the pitt volume has increased since 937 became the flagship, which is somewhat expected, but at times its unbearable

the defensive line coach is on every week in the morning....wtf, who gives a ****.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

who talks a lot of pitt sports? the afternoon guys?
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

IronDukes37 wrote:
columbia wrote:So is The Fan a Steelers station where they just happen to talk about other sports?
I don't think so at all.
Earlier this year they talked tons of Pirates, IMO they continued to talk way too much Pirates well into August when everyone else had switched to full time Steelers.
They are heavy Pitt of course, but even more so than I thought they would be. A double edged sword, they hyped Pitt up so much will they spend equal time criticizing?

Sadly I think the Pens are gonna get the short end on that station until after Steelers season with the current on-air talent, more than usual for Pittsburgh now that Stan&Guy are done.
Colony and Giannatti can carry hockey talk (Giannatti worked for the Devils on MSG) but early mornings isn't gonna be useful.

This morning, actually all day, the big story is the Steelers game.
Only Madden will mention the Pens pre-season games.

I put it on about 10 minutes ago and the autopsy on the Pitt game is happening.
They never talked about Pitt on 1250.....This station sounds like it's old school PGH radio: Steelers, Pitt, Penn State, Pirates, Penguins in that order.
I assume they have an older demographic than 1250 did.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:who talks a lot of pitt sports? the afternoon guys?
i think stache has a show once a week. the defensive line coach calls in every tuesday morning i think, that's off the top of my head, and they talk about the team a good bit as segments.
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Member »

Troy Loney wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:the pitt volume has increased since 937 became the flagship, which is somewhat expected, but at times its unbearable

the defensive line coach is on every week in the morning....wtf, who gives a ****.
1250 put on Tom Bradley on a weekley basis, I felt the same way. I don't really care what Greg Gattuso thinks either.
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Member »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:who talks a lot of pitt sports? the afternoon guys?
Seibel and Starky probably have more Pitt talk than any show in town.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

tom bradley is a little bigger of a deal than greg gattuso
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Member »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:tom bradley is a little bigger of a deal than greg gattuso
Yeah but he works like 3-hours away from Pittsburgh.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

Member wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:

1250 put on Tom Bradley on a weekley basis, I felt the same way. I don't really care what Greg Gattuso thinks either.
shockingly, WEAE carrys UPS football. i wonder why bradley is (was) on 1250 all the time
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:tom bradley is a little bigger of a deal than greg gattuso
I don't give a **** what either of them have to say....there are plenty of professional sports to talk about before we discuss boring college football.
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Member »

Troy Loney wrote:
I don't give a **** what either of them have to say....there are plenty of professional sports to talk about before we discuss boring college football.
So your agenda is that you just don't like college football?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Member wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:
So your agenda is that you just don't like college football?
I want college football coverage to be behind Steelers, Penguins and the pirates, and I never want to turn on the radio to a PSU basketball game ever again.

But yeah, i think college football is the most overrated thing in the country. The games are an eternity, there are 80,000 teams and 79,980 of them aren't any good. there are usually like 5 teams that are 100 times better than anyone else and they play an entire season to see which bowl they play each other at.
Last edited by Troy Loney on Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Member wrote:
Yeah but he works like 3-hours away from Pittsburgh.
Yeah, but Penn State has a huge following in Western PA. According to the article in the link below dated September 2006 there are 22,536 Penn State Alumni in Allegheny County alone.

http://www.imakenews.com/psaanews/e_art ... 652275.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Member »

Does anybody else hate that West Hills Nisan commercial?
Psychlone
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Psychlone »

Member wrote:Does anybody else hate that West Hills Nisan commercial?
Paul Alexander can shove that $79.00 a month Nissan Sentra up his behind.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Troy Loney wrote: But yeah, i think college football is the most overrated thing in the country. The games are an eternity, there are 80,000 teams and 79,980 of them aren't any good. there are usually like 5 teams that are 100 teams better than anyone else and they play an entire season to see which bowl they play each other at.
Lulz what are you talking about?
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pittsoccer33 »

slappybrown wrote:
Troy Loney wrote: But yeah, i think college football is the most overrated thing in the country. The games are an eternity, there are 80,000 teams and 79,980 of them aren't any good. there are usually like 5 teams that are 100 teams better than anyone else and they play an entire season to see which bowl they play each other at.
i kind of agree with this sentiment. unless you are a fan of one of the approx 10 teams that have been ok'd to be the bcs champion at the start of the season (texas, usc, alabama, ohio state, oregon, florida, etc) you don't have a lot to hope for.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

Ron Cook isn't terrible without Vinnie. Hey, they just spent the first half-hour of his show talking who makes the final roster of the pens.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

and he was actually charismatic.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

slappybrown wrote:
I 100% agree with Troy college football is the worst
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

This station gets worse every day.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I flipped 93.7 on to hear the entrance to their JR song sung over california gurls. I turned off the station promptly and never went back this morning.