***** 1984 Post Game Thread *****

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: ***** 1984 Post Game Thread *****

Post by Kicksave »

i've been taking a beating on LGP lately. damn.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Troy Loney wrote:
count2infinity wrote:next time i'm red, i'm not saying a word.
i didnt say anything and i got killed.
You were too obvious with the shad kill. You let your NHR hate seep into the NHR games forum. Rookie move Troy.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

thehockeyguru wrote:Nobody really listened to me throughout the game. Going with a Senka vote over a C2i vote was crazy.
I strongly disagree. Senka made the kind of comment that regular players really shouldn't make in a game like this and was going to just be a distraction. He is also a good/crazy enough player to try something like that when he was really bad. (Granted, it's been awhile since he had an epic game, but when he's on, it's scary).

In turn, we got c2i to make a post that made it obvious he was bad to everyone else.

At that stage of the game, you need to offer more than just a "gut feeling" if you want people to go along with you. Also, I wasn't sure yet if I felt you were good... so my list of trusted players was basically just canaan.

As it turns out, you were on to some of the bad guys before myself or mwb had considered them, but disappearing like you did made you more questionable. After c2i's senka post, I went back and looked @ earlier stuff and it made sense... If you had pointed those out, I may have been more likely to go along.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

I'm also shocked that I was not killed the night after MWB. When they killed MWB, I figured they had realized my protections were only every other night, but they shockingly went after mac instead.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Yeah, I pretty much agree with TWC. After THG got the vote-switch thing, he disappeared for the next day phase, so that made me really wonder what happened with him. I was originally thinking he was good, but then started questioning that when he wasn't around for the next vote.

And definitely agree with him on Senka. I know his MO is to be crazy, but to come out and say basically you're red, then not deny it when you're directly asked, I just figured he was trying to get voted out, much like kicksave did in a recent game.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

MWB wrote:Yeah, I pretty much agree with TWC. After THG got the vote-switch thing, he disappeared for the next day phase, so that made me really wonder what happened with him. I was originally thinking he was good, but then started questioning that when he wasn't around for the next vote.

And definitely agree with him on Senka. I know his MO is to be crazy, but to come out and say basically you're red, then not deny it when you're directly asked, I just figured he was trying to get voted out, much like kicksave did in a recent game.
I had no interest in taking part in the next days vote. I said go after Zaro and Relantel and no one listened. I said go with C2i over Senka and no one listened. So whats the point in me being around for a vote?
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

thehockeyguru wrote:I had no interest in taking part in the next days vote. I said go after Zaro and Relantel and no one listened. I said go with C2i over Senka and no one listened. So whats the point in me being around for a vote?
Other than say, day 1, people generally require more than a non-seer player saying vote for x or y without providing evidence or reasoning... so this is not surprising.

But even if you feel people are not listening to you, it's not particularly helpful to not post or vote. Given the crazy stuff that happened, you cast doubt on yourself in my mind, and I was thus leery of following you when you did come back.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

normally you can't just say, so and so is bad, listen to me. That's not how it works THG, and I don't even really remember you posting any awesome theory as to why they were bad either.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

thehockeyguru wrote: I had no interest in taking part in the next days vote. I said go after Zaro and Relantel and no one listened. I said go with C2i over Senka and no one listened. So whats the point in me being around for a vote?
to me, this sounds like a tantrum... "No one went along with my vote!!! WAAAAAAAA!!!"

one thing you need to realize is there is no certainty in this game. you can have an idea about someone, but as someone mentioned earlier, unless you're the seer, you need to come up with a solid explanation other than a gut feeling or "come on guys, do it." it's real easy to look back and see what people should have done, but you need to realize that if there are 8 people left a post can be interpreted differently by 6 people all looking at the exact same post.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

^^^ :thumb:
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

the wicked child wrote:I'm also shocked that I was not killed the night after MWB. When they killed MWB, I figured they had realized my protections were only every other night, but they shockingly went after mac instead.

I was dead, so you have to ask azkar as he was the only one left.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

count2infinity wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote: I had no interest in taking part in the next days vote. I said go after Zaro and Relantel and no one listened. I said go with C2i over Senka and no one listened. So whats the point in me being around for a vote?
to me, this sounds like a tantrum... "No one went along with my vote!!! WAAAAAAAA!!!"

one thing you need to realize is there is no certainty in this game. you can have an idea about someone, but as someone mentioned earlier, unless you're the seer, you need to come up with a solid explanation other than a gut feeling or "come on guys, do it." it's real easy to look back and see what people should have done, but you need to realize that if there are 8 people left a post can be interpreted differently by 6 people all looking at the exact same post.
Yeah. And depending on the number of reds, we aren't listening to theories about us anyway. And those 6 could see the same post in 8 different ways or more depending on when and in what light they read it. The kickside is having too much reasoning behind something - that can sometimes lead people to think you are bad. In short, no matter what you do, someone can find a way to think you are bad, another might dismiss it completely and yet more might think you're just plain blue.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

thehockeyguru wrote:
MWB wrote:Yeah, I pretty much agree with TWC. After THG got the vote-switch thing, he disappeared for the next day phase, so that made me really wonder what happened with him. I was originally thinking he was good, but then started questioning that when he wasn't around for the next vote.

I had no interest in taking part in the next days vote. I said go after Zaro and Relantel and no one listened. I said go with C2i over Senka and no one listened. So whats the point in me being around for a vote?
im never going to listen to what you have to say in a warz game...even if you are the seer.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

:lol:
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Am I the only one that likes thg?
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

I'll always like thg for the google china stuff.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

^ what he said
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

I like thg.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

i like THG when he's not on his high horse.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Kicksave wrote:I'll always like thg for the google china stuff.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Malkamaniac wrote:normally you can't just say, so and so is bad, listen to me. That's not how it works THG, and I don't even really remember you posting any awesome theory as to why they were bad either.
Unless I am missing something, a theory is based on speculation. At that point I dont need to speculate, I pick out Reds.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

count2infinity wrote:i like THG when he's not on his high horse.
You may think that I am full of myself, but 90% of the time its purely sarcasm. Unless I'm talking to Malka.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

thehockeyguru wrote:
You may think that I am full of myself, but 90% of the time its purely sarcasm. Unless I'm talking to Malka.
i think 100% of the time you're 75% up on your high horse.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

count2infinity wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
i think 100% of the time you're 75% up on your high horse.
I believe your calculations are all relative based on the actual height of the horse.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I believe your calculations are all relative based on the actual height of the horse.
Why did I do to you, to hurt your feelings?