TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: TV Shows

Post by eddysnake »

roland wrote:
eddysnake wrote:what exactly is the "event"? You can use a spoiler tag, I don't think I can watch the show based on how bad the previews were, but I am curious to see what it's about.
Spoiler:
there is a plot to crash a plane into the president before he gives a speech about the "prisoners" that have been held in alaska for too long by the CIA...."prisoners" could be aliens but they didnt come out and say it. At the end of the show, the plane was about to crash but was sucked up by a wormhole that opened out of thin air....the president was saved by "them"
that actually makes me want to watch it
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:
mac5155 wrote:Did anyone watch Mike and Molly? Billy Gardells new show? Thoughts on it..I didn't watch but wanted to..
It was decent. After seeing the trailer, I didnt have high hopes for it. Tonight's episode started out pretty good, but it did slow down towards the end. With Chuck Lorre, Mark Roberts, and James Burrows behind it, I definitely plan on giving it time. Tonight's episode, like most pilots, was more introducing characters than anything.
That sums it up for me too. It started off really funny I thought. Then it slowed some, but was still good.

It's just hard at first for Pilot episodes. They are more of an introduction if anything, and it takes a few episodes to get the characters down.

It's funny watching early episodes from some of my favorite long time shows (Simpsons, Married with Children, Friends) and just seeing how different the characters are once they get established compared to how they were in the first few episodes.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

Anyone watch House last night?
Spoiler:
Someone needs to make a GIF of House opening the champaign bottle with the sword
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:Anyone watch House last night?
Spoiler:
Someone needs to make a GIF of House opening the champaign bottle with the sword
Spoiler:
Absolutely
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pittsoccer33 »

I watched The Event and Hawaii 5-0 last night.

Neither of them really wow'd me. I was hoping The Event would be more action orriented but it seemed like Lost which I never liked. I'll try watching it again next week to see what happened, but I'm not into the "have no idea what I'm watching" thing thats popular now.

Hawaii 5-0 was pitched as an anti-terror action show, which was true, but it was much more lighthearted than I was hoping (which would have been 24). If you like NCIS is has a lot of the same feel to it.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Lots coming on tonight that I'm interested in seeing. Raising Hope (from creator of My Name is Earl), Running Wilde (supposed to be like Arrested Development), and Detroit 187 with Michael Imperioli. Also NCIS and Sons of Anarchy. Too many conflicts on DVR.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

MWB wrote:Lots coming on tonight that I'm interested in seeing. Raising Hope (from creator of My Name is Earl), Running Wilde (supposed to be like Arrested Development), and Detroit 187 with Michael Imperioli. Also NCIS and Sons of Anarchy. Too many conflicts on DVR.
Ditto. NCIS and Detroit 187 have the priority this night.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

1000 Ways To Die.
Spoiler:
Blood Eagle :shock:
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

NCIS was awesome tonight.
steve784
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by steve784 »

pittsoccer33 wrote:I watched The Event and Hawaii 5-0 last night.

Neither of them really wow'd me. I was hoping The Event would be more action orriented but it seemed like Lost which I never liked. I'll try watching it again next week to see what happened, but I'm not into the "have no idea what I'm watching" thing thats popular now.

Hawaii 5-0 was pitched as an anti-terror action show, which was true, but it was much more lighthearted than I was hoping (which would have been 24). If you like NCIS is has a lot of the same feel to it.
I watched 5-0 too. I thought Scott Caan was great, but that was about it. I can't stand the guy who plays McGarret, and the show itself was way too 'every other CBS crime drama' and Jerry Bruckheimer-ish for me to continue watching.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Watched The Event last night....really liked the first episode. I make it a point with any show I watch not to watch the previews for the next week....I always feel like it gives way too much away and takes away much of the surprise.
Spoiler:
So obviously the couple they met on the vacation is involved. I think his girlfriend and the young girl iis still alive, which is why his future father-in-law was actually desperate enough to drive a plane into the ground. I'll be interested to see how this develops.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

Kicksave wrote:NCIS was awesome tonight.
:thumb:
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Watched an episode of MacGyver this past weekend. The episode with Axminster. What. A. Show.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Anyone watch the pilot to "Boardwalk Empire" yet? Was looking forward to that, between the promos and seeing that Steve Buscemi was in it. Heard this morning they already picked up a 2nd season after the initial airing of the pilot. (Looks like they are reairing the Pilot tonight at 9:30 EDT - http://www.hbo.com/boardwalk-empire?cmpid=ABC458" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

wallflower wrote:
Kicksave wrote:NCIS was awesome tonight.
:thumb:
:thumb: :thumb:
Spoiler:
I assume Vance sent Mike to Eli to dispose of him. Pretty awesome how they killed off Reynosa.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Detroit 1-8-7

Awesome. Going on the DVR rotation.
Spoiler:
WTF? was it about killing off a main character the first show?
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Watched "The Defenders"...Jim Belushi and Jerry O'Connell.

Decent show...probably won't last long.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Community was fun last night but they had too much to pack into one episode.

"I'll show you the tool that's most important to our survival… but fair warning, it's my ***."
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

did anyone watch outsourced?

i have so much tivo to catch up on this weekend. community office outsourced the event parenthood flipping out
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I heard Outsourced is pretty bad, so I didn't watch/record it. Too much other stuff. Watched Raising Hope and thought that was pretty good.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

I DVR'd "outsourced". Also DVR'd #$%^ My Dad Says... We'll see...
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

i watched that #$&# my dad says...it was as bad as i expected it to be.
roland
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by roland »

Season premier of Fringe was last night. Good episode except for Fox airing commercials in the middle of the show by mistake. It was in the middle of the episode right after they came back from commercials...they interrupted and showed another 5 mins of commercials and then went back to the show and then go to commercial break again.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

MANMEAT! lol
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

canaan wrote:i watched that #$&# my dad says...it was as bad as i expected it to be.
We watched this last night. It has promise, but then again, we thought Hank had promise last year based on the pilot, and Modern Family was junk, based on the pilot.