**Welcome Back Wars GAME THREAD**

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: **Welcome Back Wars GAME THREAD**

Post by relantel »

thehockeyguru wrote:That and getting Kraftster on night 1. I didnt expect that.
That was a lucky guess - Kicksave's I believe, that we went with.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

relantel wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:That and getting Kraftster on night 1. I didnt expect that.
That was a lucky guess - Kicksave's I believe, that we went with.
KS and i both sent pm's for the first day saying kill canaan and view kraftster
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

i think in a small game like this red is favored a bit. Good guys dont have enough voting trends to make good picks. I think small games (less then 15), 4 bad guys is fine, but no seer/angel
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

crayz wrote:i think in a small game like this red is favored a bit. Good guys dont have enough voting trends to make good picks. I think small games (less then 15), 4 bad guys is fine, but no seer/angel
It could have went either way had Krafster landed green. we just got lucky that we saw him on the first night.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

how did i die?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

crayz wrote:i think in a small game like this red is favored a bit. Good guys dont have enough voting trends to make good picks. I think small games (less then 15), 4 bad guys is fine, but no seer/angel
I agree. If there are like 12 players, and 4 are red, you only need to get 4 players out to end the game.

If they can view others (only have to view 8 compared to the goods 11) and can protect, it makes it very difficult to win.

The reason why good guys usually get powers is because they are working by themselves, while the red guys get the advantage of knowing who is bad and working together.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

count2infinity wrote:how did i die?
we killed you
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

you didn't even know i was the seer did you? it doesn't say in the review post who killed me.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

count2infinity wrote:how did i die?
Kraftster Night 2.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

count2infinity wrote:you didn't even know i was the seer did you? it doesn't say in the review post who killed me.
No idea. Basically I took the list in the beginning of the thread, moved all 4 of the baddies down and we just went right down the list.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

I was a free loader co mod I didn't do anything
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

newarenanow wrote:
I agree. If there are like 12 players, and 4 are red, you only need to get 4 players out to end the game.

If they can view others (only have to view 8 compared to the goods 11) and can protect, it makes it very difficult to win.

The reason why good guys usually get powers is because they are working by themselves, while the red guys get the advantage of knowing who is bad and working together.
The way that I envisioned the communication part of the JOAT role was that if a Good RP was outted during on of the 1st days, the JOAT would be able to communicate with them knowing that they are good. This would have given the Green's a big advantage but it didnt play out that way.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:I was a free loader co mod I didn't do anything
That was my fault. We will have to do another game. I just wanted to keep things moving. Slappy wanted to have his game going by mid week.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

thehockeyguru wrote:
newarenanow wrote:

The way that I envisioned the communication part of the JOAT role was that if a Good RP was outted during on of the 1st days, the JOAT would be able to communicate with them knowing that they are good. This would have given the Green's a big advantage but it didnt play out that way.
Dunno how me (angel) and MWB (joat) would have been able to do much more together? He could see one and could kill one....i could only protect.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

newarenanow wrote:

It's really hard for the bad guys to win in the standard format (1 vig, 1 seer, 1 angel), because the angel is invincible and the bad guys have to get the seer before he gets one or they're doomed. this format flipped the tide and made it a race for the vig, which we won right away and put the village at a huge disadvantage, and then you couple that with mwb picking me to communicate with....so yeah, we got lucky and had a huge advantage because of the format
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

thehockeyguru wrote: The way that I envisioned the communication part of the JOAT role was that if a Good RP was outted during on of the 1st days, the JOAT would be able to communicate with them knowing that they are good. This would have given the Green's a big advantage but it didnt play out that way.
It's fun trying new things. I had fun during this game.

It's a game of luck and chance at the beginning since no one know's anything.

In a very small game like this when the baddies have the same powers as the good, or close to it though, the luck shifts to much higher percentages for the baddies.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

newarenanow wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote: The way that I envisioned the communication part of the JOAT role was that if a Good RP was outted during on of the 1st days, the JOAT would be able to communicate with them knowing that they are good. This would have given the Green's a big advantage but it didnt play out that way.
It's fun trying new things. I had fun during this game.

It's a game of luck and chance at the beginning since no one know's anything.

In a very small game like this when the baddies have the same powers as the good, or close to it though, the luck shifts to much higher percentages for the baddies.
i wouldn't mind a small game with no powers except bads get one kill per night
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Troy Loney wrote:
It's really hard for the bad guys to win in the standard format (1 vig, 1 seer, 1 angel), because the angel is invincible and the bad guys have to get the seer before he gets one or they're doomed. this format flipped the tide and made it a race for the vig, which we won right away and put the village at a huge disadvantage, and then you couple that with mwb picking me to communicate with....so yeah, we got lucky and had a huge advantage because of the format
Yeah, the angel role in a standard format, if they can protect themselves every night, is very difficult for the baddies, because that is one guaranteed individual at the end.

And I like when the baddies have some advantages in a regular game. But when there is only 12 players, and you know 3 of them to start the game, and can look at one and kill one the first night before anything happens, it shifts the advantage significantly to your advantage.

And then when a baddie is outed and can't be voted out, it makes it even harder.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

crayz wrote:
i wouldn't mind a small game with no powers except bads get one kill per night
:thumb:
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Troy Loney wrote:
It's really a fine line in creating a balance. If Troy comes back red when I see him then we've got two bads early in the game and it's a big advantage to the village. How things play out in the first couple days can pretty much decide the game.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

if they didn't just happen to kill me night 2, i'd have had relantel pegged and that may have changed some things too.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

count2infinity wrote:if they didn't just happen to kill me night 2, i'd have had relantel pegged and that may have changed some things too.
Quite a bit, I would think. After nabbing Kraftster, we used our run of blue sees to inform kills for numbers sake (knowing blue would not be protected). Always works out that way though - seer always seems to be nabbed early no matter what the game, and some games where the seer was let live can become epic, if for the wrong reasons... (I was bad one time when we let the self-outed green seer live, as we had a roleblocker, and leaving him alive left some doubt as to the seer claim...)
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

Red dominated this game. I was the only blue left and then there were a couple of greens.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

pittsports87 wrote:Red dominated this game. I was the only blue left and then there were a couple of greens.
damn right, son. don't you forget it.