TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: TV Shows

Post by wallflower »

Chefpatrick871 wrote:Psych summer finale
Spoiler:
Shawn and Jules finally kiss, what! Other than that, no real cliffhangers, unlike White Collar, how the heck are they gonna shoot Mozzie. Wtf.
Psych was really good, even without a major cliffhanger.
Spoiler:
Actually, I think that was the "major cliffhanger" and I'm alright with it - they've been building up to that for a while now.
As for White Collar
Spoiler:
Mozzie better not be dead! I thought it was pretty obvious he was the target, not Neal, because he was the one dealing with the antique shop guy but, ugh, when it happened I actually shouted out, "no!" which I don't do very often with tv. I hope he's not dead, I'll be so sad. :cry:
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

:shock: That was the best episode of Entourage EVER!
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Physical_Graffiti wrote::shock: That was the best episode of Entourage EVER!
at least the best in the past 2.5 seasons
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

Might have to disagree there, it was hardly funny, and whenever Entourage tries to take itself seriously it usually falls flat. At least they're trying to do something different for Vince, I was waiting all episode to see him get his a** beat :P
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Spoiler:
I was hoping Eminem would kill vince. That is how Entourage should have ended.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

newarenanow wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
Physical_Graffiti wrote:OMG Stamos is gonna be on Entourage
Spoiler:
:pop:
Wow, Clone High reference = win. I swear no one reacts to them when I make them. Its sad how few people know about/appreciate that show.
I never even heard of Clone High. What was that on?

I used to watch Galaxy High when I was a kid. Anyone remember that one?
MTV in the states. Teletoon in Canada.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

meecrofilm wrote:Might have to disagree there, it was hardly funny, and whenever Entourage tries to take itself seriously it usually falls flat. At least they're trying to do something different for Vince, I was waiting all episode to see him get his a** beat :P
I've only ever heard people say the opposite of that.
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by joopen »

wallflower wrote:
Chefpatrick871 wrote:Psych summer finale
Spoiler:
Shawn and Jules finally kiss, what! Other than that, no real cliffhangers, unlike White Collar, how the heck are they gonna shoot Mozzie. Wtf.
Psych was really good, even without a major cliffhanger.
Spoiler:
Actually, I think that was the "major cliffhanger" and I'm alright with it - they've been building up to that for a while now.
As for White Collar
Spoiler:
Mozzie better not be dead! I thought it was pretty obvious he was the target, not Neal, because he was the one dealing with the antique shop guy but, ugh, when it happened I actually shouted out, "no!" which I don't do very often with tv. I hope he's not dead, I'll be so sad. :cry:
Psych is awesome. The Shawn/Jules romance was definitly the cliff hanger for the winter season and with the way that show goes there really isn't much to take from season to season except for personal relationships. I always find something to laugh for a couple minutes about in every episode. The show definitly won't appeal to everyone but they do their thing and they don't vere far from it. Thats why I come back for every episode. I will always be entertained.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

Physical_Graffiti wrote:
meecrofilm wrote:Might have to disagree there, it was hardly funny, and whenever Entourage tries to take itself seriously it usually falls flat. At least they're trying to do something different for Vince, I was waiting all episode to see him get his a** beat :P
Well it's supposed to be a light comedy. I'd rather watch Val Kilmer as a druggy sherpa or Johnny Drama play John Stamos in ping pong than Ari try to salvage his marriage or Turtle (the most worthless character in TV history) try to start up a company.
I have plenty other shows to watch for real, quality drama, I don't need to watch Entourage try to force it in effort to be more "legit" or whatever.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

meecrofilm wrote:
Physical_Graffiti wrote:
Well it's supposed to be a light comedy. I'd rather watch Val Kilmer as a druggy sherpa or Johnny Drama play John Stamos in ping pong than Ari try to salvage his marriage or Turtle (the most worthless character in TV history) try to start up a company.
I have plenty other shows to watch for real, quality drama, I don't need to watch Entourage try to force it in effort to be more "legit" or whatever.
Personally, I like it for both. I like that (IMO) it's a serious show, but I like that it's light-hearted at the same time.

I also love that Drama is finally (reluctantly) getting his "big break". I like the sober Walsh, and I like the fall of Vinny that will (hopefully) lead to an eventual "big win" (Aquaman 3?).
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

Physical_Graffiti wrote:
meecrofilm wrote:Well it's supposed to be a light comedy. I'd rather watch Val Kilmer as a druggy sherpa or Johnny Drama play John Stamos in ping pong than Ari try to salvage his marriage or Turtle (the most worthless character in TV history) try to start up a company.
Personally, I like it for both. I like that (IMO) it's a serious show, but I like that it's light-hearted at the same time.

I also love that Drama is finally (reluctantly) getting his "big break". I like the sober Walsh, and I like the fall of Vinny that will (hopefully) lead to an eventual "big win" (Aquaman 3?).
I actually think it'd be better if Vince's career doesn't recover and it all sort of comes full circle, and they go back to the humble beginnings and he's cool with that -- I mean, they already did the "his career is effed -- put him back on top again" thing. I can't imagine they'd end it by doing the same thing. Who knows though.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

i dont watch TV, btu i haev been watching friday night lights in my own personal syndication :pop:
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

mac5155 wrote:i dont watch TV, btu i haev been watching friday night lights in my own personal syndication :pop:
So you downloaded it? :pop:
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

meecrofilm wrote:
Physical_Graffiti wrote:
meecrofilm wrote:Well it's supposed to be a light comedy. I'd rather watch Val Kilmer as a druggy sherpa or Johnny Drama play John Stamos in ping pong than Ari try to salvage his marriage or Turtle (the most worthless character in TV history) try to start up a company.

I actually think it'd be better if Vince's career doesn't recover and it all sort of comes full circle, and they go back to the humble beginnings and he's cool with that -- I mean, they already did the "his career is effed -- put him back on top again" thing. I can't imagine they'd end it by doing the same thing. Who knows though.
They kinda did that already too (with Drama becoming the co-owner of a restaurant) didn't they? But, as you said: Who knows?
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Kicksave wrote:
mac5155 wrote:i dont watch TV, btu i haev been watching friday night lights in my own personal syndication :pop:
if thats what they call it these days
DropEmJayBird
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by DropEmJayBird »

The whole Ari angle with the NFL team really lost me when he failed to get a phone message from the girl working the deal. He couldnt get a text that said more than "call me"? What the hell is this, 1990? I don't care if he was fighting with his wife and she wouldnt let him use his phone, I'm pretty sure an important message like that gets through.

Vince looks retarted trying to play the drug addict, and Eminem.... seriously???? How much did he pay the writers of the show to come off as the tough guy throwing a right cross. Gimmie a break.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

mac5155 wrote:
Kicksave wrote:
if thats what they call it these days
I feel I have the right to download tv shows. I'm allowed to have music ripped onto my computer as long as I have paid for it, I pay for cable, so I caught up on some episodes I missed, I dont benefit from any dvd extra's so they can suck it haha.

I did get an email from AT&T once about an episode of psych I downloaded, lol.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

new season of 1000 ways to die... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Froggy wrote:new season of 1000 ways to die... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Quite an awesome show, wouldn't you say? :thumb:
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

the wicked child wrote:
I would definitely say that. It's one of those shows that is so awful that it defies all logic and sensibility, and circles around terrible all the way back to awesome...
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Froggy wrote:
the wicked child wrote:
I would definitely say that. It's one of those shows that is so awful that it defies all logic and sensibility, and circles around terrible all the way back to awesome...
this one is definitely starting off with a bang.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

:thumb: Love that show
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

any thoughts on eastbound and down? I'm downloading it now.. i need a show to watch now that i'm almost done with friday night lights and the new season doesnt come on until late october.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

mac5155 wrote:any thoughts on eastbound and down? I'm downloading it now.. i need a show to watch now that i'm almost done with friday night lights and the new season doesnt come on until late october.
Just finished watching the first season. It's okay.... definitely some funny moments. Not sure if I'll watch the next season though.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

Rizzoli and Isles had a ridiculous cliff hanger.