The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Grimm is a weenie, and im censoring myself ALOT here. He was a weenie on the X and im sure he is a weenie on The Fan.

WEENIE!
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pensfan1989
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pensfan1989 »

This postgame show is a trainwreck
MyMonkey
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by MyMonkey »

Yeah, it was pretty bad. How bad? I was HAPPY to listen to Benz and Lianotti <sp>.

Wow... Just horrible...
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Stoosh »

Anyone know if Grimm is still going to continue on with the Pens HD Radio morning show that he did with Steve Mears? I think Mears is terrific and for the most part, they played off each other pretty well. Only thing that tended to get annoying was Grimm's tendency to blurt out in laughter, often times when something bad happened to the Flyers or Caps.

All in all, it was a very good show. I think Mears said in one of the recent weekly broadcasts that he was back, but never said anything about Grimm.
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Every time John Seibel says "Welcome to the machine," a kitten gets caught in a hay bailer.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

PghSkins wrote:Every time John Seibel says "Welcome to the machine," a kitten gets caught in a hay bailer.
:lol: :thumb: :fist: :scared: :!:
lloyd

Post by lloyd »

About a week age there was a story in the Beaver County Times which suggested that a pair of host from the fan were not getting along.Any gueses who that might be ?
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

The fan (and basically all Pittsburgh sports radio) is a joke. All you get is them shoving the Steelers down your throat and talking about how bad about the Pirates are. They rarely ever talk Penguins hockey it seems (even at the end of hockey season when there is no football or baseball really going on). I know a lot of people hate Mark Madden, but I love his show because he actually talks Penguins as much as possible. I found it hilarious last March I was listening and a caller calls in and says "I got a question about the Steelers", the next sound you heard was Madden hanging up on him. It was hilarious.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

pittsports87 wrote:The fan (and basically all Pittsburgh sports radio) is a joke. All you get is them shoving the Steelers down your throat and talking about how bad about the Pirates are. They rarely ever talk Penguins hockey it seems (even at the end of hockey season when there is no football or baseball really going on). I know a lot of people hate Mark Madden, but I love his show because he actually talks Penguins as much as possible. I found it hilarious last March I was listening and a caller calls in and says "I got a question about the Steelers", the next sound you heard was Madden hanging up on him. It was hilarious.
Whether they are insightful or not* is another story, but ESPN 1250 provides more than enough hockey coverage.

*I never want to hear Mike Logan or Chris Mack comment on anything; hockey, or otherwise.
Especially Mack; he's a damn fool.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

Guy Junker talks the most hockey of all the non-Madden announcers.
EagleMorph
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by EagleMorph »

pittsports87 wrote:n (and basically all Pittsburgh sports radio) is a joke. All you get is them shoving the Steelers down your throat and talking about how bad about the Pirates are. They rarely ever talk Penguins hockey it seems (even at the end of hockey season when there is no football or baseball really going on). I know a lot of people hate Mark Madden, but I love his show because he actually talks Penguins as much as possible. I found it hilarious last March I was listening and a caller calls in and says "I got a question about the Steelers", the next sound you heard was Madden hanging up on him. It was hilarious.
1250 ESPN has quite a bit of hockey talk on, especially with the afternoon show. Chris Mack and Scott Paulsen actually seem to prefer to talk about the Pens rather than the Steelers.
Marshall Dylan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Marshall Dylan »

pittsports87 wrote:The fan (and basically all Pittsburgh sports radio) is a joke. All you get is them shoving the Steelers down your throat and talking about how bad about the Pirates are. They rarely ever talk Penguins hockey it seems (even at the end of hockey season when there is no football or baseball really going on). I know a lot of people hate Mark Madden, but I love his show because he actually talks Penguins as much as possible. I found it hilarious last March I was listening and a caller calls in and says "I got a question about the Steelers", the next sound you heard was Madden hanging up on him. It was hilarious.
He broke the embargo just long enough to report that Mendenhall had a broken arm and would miss the first eight weeks.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Enough with the Buzzed Driving ads ESPN1250. How many more weeks do we have to suffer through them?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

drunk driving is buzzed driving
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Point Breeze Penguins wrote:Enough with the Buzzed Driving ads ESPN1250. How many more weeks do we have to suffer through them?

"hey baby..are you a over due library book? Cause you have fine written all over you".

I just heard it too. ;)
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

"You mean it? She is really ok?"
jamespensfan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jamespensfan »

The Steelers and Pitt are on at the same time. What game is Bill Hillgrove calling? Who is calling the other game?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

i would assume hillgrove goes to pitt since it is regular season but who knows
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

jamespensfan wrote:The Steelers and Pitt are on at the same time. What game is Bill Hillgrove calling? Who is calling the other game?
Whoever uses more sidecars.

Every time I listen to Hillgrove, what I hear is "Sidecar Sidecar Sidecar Sidecar Sidecar Sidecar Sidecar Sidecar Sidecar Sidecar Sidecar "

Fortunately I am a fan of neither so it doesn't bug me too much.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

jamespensfan wrote:The Steelers and Pitt are on at the same time. What game is Bill Hillgrove calling? Who is calling the other game?
Rob King is doing Pitt and Hillgrove the Steelers.
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Member »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:
Rob King is doing Pitt and Hillgrove the Steelers.
Priorities. :face: :thumbdown: