TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: TV Shows

Post by meecrofilm »

Physical_Graffiti wrote::scared: I'm going to miss Entourage on Sunday :thumbdown:
Not a good episode anyway.. wasn't close to as funny as last week's was (in fact IDK if I laughed once)... one of the "plot-moving" episodes, which usually fail, since there's really no plot. :P
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

the wicked child wrote:Reality rage... spoilers since a couple of them involve shows airing tonight. (Next Food Network Star and Top Shot spoilers)
Spoiler:
It started with Hell's Kitchen last week. Wanted Jay to win, he clearly won the final service... and somehow Holli still won. :face:

The next Food Network Star. I've been pissed since they kept Aria over Brad a couple weeks ago. Now in the finale, there are 3 choices... 2 of which I would love to watch, and one I would never watch under any circumstances. So who wins? Arti of course. :face:

And now Top Shot... was rooting for Kelly the entire time and he gets eliminated right before the finale. So I root for Pete. Who loses challenge 1 in the finale. So I root for JJ... who loses challenge 2 in the finale. Unreal. :face:

At this rate, Amanda will win Top Chef. :scared:
Spoiler:
I said from week 2 that Arti was going to win because she is completely different than anyone else they have on the food network. shes about as american as you're gonna get with an indian point of view. its perfect for the network and makes a ton of sense.

...and i laughed about the amanda comment. i havent seen a show where all of its contestants were so adamant about hating one individual
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

canaan wrote:
the wicked child wrote:Reality rage... spoilers since a couple of them involve shows airing tonight. (Next Food Network Star and Top Shot spoilers)
Spoiler:
It started with Hell's Kitchen last week. Wanted Jay to win, he clearly won the final service... and somehow Holli still won. :face:

The next Food Network Star. I've been pissed since they kept Aria over Brad a couple weeks ago. Now in the finale, there are 3 choices... 2 of which I would love to watch, and one I would never watch under any circumstances. So who wins? Arti of course. :face:

And now Top Shot... was rooting for Kelly the entire time and he gets eliminated right before the finale. So I root for Pete. Who loses challenge 1 in the finale. So I root for JJ... who loses challenge 2 in the finale. Unreal. :face:

Spoiler:
I said from week 2 that Arti was going to win because she is completely different than anyone else they have on the food network. shes about as american as you're gonna get with an indian point of view. its perfect for the network and makes a ton of sense.

...and i laughed about the amanda comment. i havent seen a show where all of its contestants were so adamant about hating one individual
Spoiler:
I had the same thoughts at twc heading into the final, but thought Arti would win. They loved her all along and her self doubt didn't really effect her performances, no matter how much they seemed to play it up in the episodes. My wife said she'll watch her show, doubt I would though. Probably would have watched Tom's. I wonder if he got hurt by being to much like Guy Fieri. I think the name of his show was "Guys Big Bite" when he was a contestant, and they have similar personalities.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

MWB wrote:
canaan wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I had the same thoughts at twc heading into the final, but thought Arti would win. They loved her all along and her self doubt didn't really effect her performances, no matter how much they seemed to play it up in the episodes. My wife said she'll watch her show, doubt I would though. Probably would have watched Tom's. I wonder if he got hurt by being to much like Guy Fieri. I think the name of his show was "Guys Big Bite" when he was a contestant, and they have similar personalities.
Spoiler:
I knew Arti was going to win. When they kept her around even when they were making comments about her needing a shrink before taping shows I knew she was probably already picked to win. Still annoyed me though.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I was rooting for either Kelly or Pete, once they were out I wanted Chris to win :scared:

oh well it was an entertaining show anyway, I hope they bring it back again
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Watched the Roast of the Hoff last night. Pretty funny.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Malkamaniac wrote:Watched the Roast of the Hoff last night. Pretty funny.
Agreed, except I just can't stand Lisa Lampanelli. Her "I have sex with a lot of black men" schtick gets old.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

beerman wrote:
Spoiler:
I was rooting for either Kelly or Pete, once they were out I wanted Chris to win :scared:

They're already casting for Season 2. :thumb:
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

the wicked child wrote:
beerman wrote:
Spoiler:

They're already casting for Season 2. :thumb:
sweet
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

meecrofilm wrote:
Physical_Graffiti wrote::scared: I'm going to miss Entourage on Sunday :thumbdown:
Not a good episode anyway.. wasn't close to as funny as last week's was (in fact IDK if I laughed once)... one of the "plot-moving" episodes, which usually fail, since there's really no plot. :P
I loved this weeks episode when Walsh made a cartoon about Drama. :thumb:
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

This really deserves its own thread.

Trailer for Frank Darabont's The Walking Dead
http://link.brightcove.com/services/pla ... 3569611001" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is going to be incredible.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

nocera wrote:This really deserves its own thread.

Trailer for Frank Darabont's The Walking Dead
http://link.brightcove.com/services/pla ... 3569611001" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is going to be incredible.
i like darabont stuff, but doesn't this just look like: 28 days later + dawn of the dead + the stand?
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Malkamaniac wrote:Watched the Roast of the Hoff last night. Pretty funny.

Thought it was the second funniest one behind the Saget Roast.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

Jeff Foxworthy one was pretty good as well.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

shmenguin wrote: i like darabont stuff, but doesn't this just look like: 28 days later + dawn of the dead + the stand?
Couldn't you say that about any zombie movie/series?
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

21 Jump Street gets better each time I watch it. Bought the first season on DVD yesterday in the $5 bin at Walmart.

The 80's were just awesome.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

watched the 1st season of Gummi Bears. It really holds up well, I was actually eager for the next disc to arrive from Netflix. also watched some Duck Tales and Rescue Rangers, but Gummi Bears held up best.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

gummi bears had a pretty epic theme song...

[youtube][/youtube]
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

Do you guys get the Cooking Channel? Its new here on Dish Network, seems to be mostly old Food Network original chefs, but minus reality shows, I rarely turn on FN anymore. Its kind of like MTV2 of food haha.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Watching Gangland currently

http://tv.blinkx.com/show/gangland/ZcuT ... ZUtbk#s3e6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

Just started watching Entourage a couple weeks ago, and I'm in season 4 now. Love this show. Makes me a little jealous too.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

I usually don't watch commercials thanks to dvr, however has anyone noticed TNT doing combo ads, with a resturaunt ad including the show that is on at the time of the commercial, just saw an Outback Steakhouse/Dark Blue commercial. Kinda smart.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Chefpatrick871 wrote:Do you guys get the Cooking Channel? Its new here on Dish Network, seems to be mostly old Food Network original chefs, but minus reality shows, I rarely turn on FN anymore. Its kind of like MTV2 of food haha.
aida mollenkamp :thumb:
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

persons unknown. what a waste of time.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Chefpatrick871 wrote:I usually don't watch commercials thanks to dvr, however has anyone noticed TNT doing combo ads, with a resturaunt ad including the show that is on at the time of the commercial, just saw an Outback Steakhouse/Dark Blue commercial. Kinda smart.
They're doing the same kind of thing with Mad Men on AMC. There's a 60's-looking commercial that comes on that makes me think the show is back on, so I stop fast forwarding.