The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Post by wallflower »

Kovy27 wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:One thing I'm really sick of is hearing, "Well I respect your opinion but I disagree with it." when what they really mean is, "You're a **** moron." Call a spade a spade guys. It makes for entertaining radio.
Isn't that Madden's way of doing things? If so, don't do it.
That and breathing heavy. It's pretty disgusting.
RJW76
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by RJW76 »

Pavel Bure wrote:One thing I'm really sick of is hearing, "Well I respect your opinion but I disagree with it." when what they really mean is, "You're a **** moron." Call a spade a spade guys. It makes for entertaining radio.
Yeah, talking like adults is way overrated
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Craig Dunlap :face:

Guy actually has a groupie who calls himself "legend," apparently. Maybe he and Titleman can go pump each other someplace.

People with radio call-in handles make me :roll:

Says the guy on the internet message board where he and 95% of the rest of the people use pseudonyms.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

PghSkins wrote:Craig Dunlap :face:

Guy actually has a groupie who calls himself "legend," apparently. Maybe he and Titleman can go pump each other someplace.

People with radio call-in handles make me :roll:

Says the guy on the internet message board where he and 95% of the rest of the people use pseudonyms.

"Legend" goes back a couple decades as a local caller. I know him. Great guy. Ditto with Titleman.

"Boston Bob" used to (maybe still does) call into JT The Brick's show and was simply outstanding. He had very incisive opinions and would end his calls with something like "Have a disgracefule evening, America."

For the most part, though, callers suck.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

RJW76 wrote:
What adults at a social gathering have you ever heard say, "I respect your opinion but I disagree?" Only very PC media outlets do that and it's BORING. You go to a bar, a sporting event, a family get together, basically a social event and if people disagree on matters they don't sit there and say they respect the other person's opinion very often. Conflict is good, it generates opinion, and there by generates more talk and points of view.
profpolisci
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by profpolisci »

Eismann wrote: "Legend" goes back a couple decades as a local caller. I know him. Great guy. Ditto with Titleman.

"Boston Bob" used to (maybe still does) call into JT The Brick's show and was simply outstanding. He had very incisive opinions and would end his calls with something like "Have a disgracefule evening, America."

Eismann...do you remember 'Bear' on Savran's 8'0clock WTAE show?
I thought for the most part, he made some excellent points.

And, do you remember 'Andy from Munhall' on WTAE ?
Andy: Stan, the Pirates have to get rid of Barry Bonds, he's not going to be half the player his father was.
Stan: I think he's going to be better.
Andy: Yeah, yeah, you're right Stan.. he's going to be better. They need to keep him.
Marshall Dylan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Marshall Dylan »

Pavel Bure wrote:
RJW76 wrote:
What adults at a social gathering have you ever heard say, "I respect your opinion but I disagree?" Only very PC media outlets do that and it's BORING. You go to a bar, a sporting event, a family get together, basically a social event and if people disagree on matters they don't sit there and say they respect the other person's opinion very often. Conflict is good, it generates opinion, and there by generates more talk and points of view.
Yep, nothing better than misinformed drunks screaming, "You're full of (crap)" at each other.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Oh man...was anyone listening when Lily was crying about booing ben roethlisberger this weekend? I only got to hear the playback this am, man that was brutal. what a lunatic yinzer, and that's the worst kind of yinzer i can think of.

And who was the idiot on yesterday afternoon, Philips or something? That dude has no idea what a quick release is, because all he said was that Leftwich is a good qb because of his quick release....what a dumb***, leftwich has the slowest release i've ever seen. The worst part of that was the first part of his point was comparing leftwich to marino in terms of quick release, then i'm guesing he got a bunch of insulting texts during the break cause he immediately came back after the break and rescinded...but then still defended his point about leftwich's quick release, but pulling back and saying that the marino comparison was a bit of a reach.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

profpolisci wrote:
Eismann wrote: "Legend" goes back a couple decades as a local caller. I know him. Great guy. Ditto with Titleman.

Eismann...do you remember 'Bear' on Savran's 8'0clock WTAE show?
I thought for the most part, he made some excellent points.

And, do you remember 'Andy from Munhall' on WTAE ?
Andy: Stan, the Pirates have to get rid of Barry Bonds, he's not going to be half the player his father was.
Stan: I think he's going to be better.
Andy: Yeah, yeah, you're right Stan.. he's going to be better. They need to keep him.
I only vaguely remember "Bear", but not Andy, though your Andy line is pretty funny.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

Jocko still calls at like 5 am sometimes.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Troy Loney wrote:Oh man...was anyone listening when Lily was crying about booing ben roethlisberger this weekend? I only got to hear the playback this am, man that was brutal. what a lunatic yinzer, and that's the worst kind of yinzer i can think of.

And who was the idiot on yesterday afternoon, Philips or something? That dude has no idea what a quick release is, because all he said was that Leftwich is a good qb because of his quick release....what a dumb***, leftwich has the slowest release i've ever seen. The worst part of that was the first part of his point was comparing leftwich to marino in terms of quick release, then i'm guesing he got a bunch of insulting texts during the break cause he immediately came back after the break and rescinded...but then still defended his point about leftwich's quick release, but pulling back and saying that the marino comparison was a bit of a reach.
hmm all I heard during the game when Leftwhich was in "We want ben, We Want Ben"
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Malkamaniac wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:Oh man...was anyone listening when Lily was crying about booing ben roethlisberger this weekend? I only got to hear the playback this am, man that was brutal. what a lunatic yinzer, and that's the worst kind of yinzer i can think of.

hmm all I heard during the game when Leftwhich was in "We want ben, We Want Ben"
From what i understand she was responding to an earlier caller that said she was sending her kids to the game to boo roethlisberger. bottom line is she is a lunatic and embarresses herself everytime she's on the air and they need to stop bringining her on and mocking her all the time.
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

IronDukes37 wrote:
Oh man...was anyone listening when Lily....
This morning she was crying "people on the internet were being mean....they called me an 18 year old prostitute..."
"penguins don't wear pants you idiot"

I didn't hear the John Phillips stuff about Leftwich quick release, but sometimes what they refer too is his quick decision making, he usually finds an open receiver quickly, it's the actually throwing motion that is slow.
Relatively Ben and Leftwich are about the same, Ben: slow reads, quick arm motion, mediocre ball speed, Leftwich: quick reads, slow arm motion, fast ball speed

Was Wydo on this weekend? Or did Grimm take his slot?
"quick" decision making and quick release are very different....leftwich has that excessive windup and thus a slow release....it's like the most notable thing about the guy, his slow release.

the penguins don't have pants thing is stupid....it was stupid for her to say that and even stupider for them to harp on that for a couple minutes.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

Chris Mack is the dumbest person on sports radio in Pittsburgh. :pop:
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

IronDukes37 wrote:Did you hear Ron Cook tell Vinnie to stop stuttering? Too funny, thought he was gonna walk off the set.
Can anyone confirm or deny that Vinnie asked Cook when the Mellon Arena replaced the civic arena?
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Also, it seems as if the fan morning show has turned into one lousy comedy bit after another?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Alexander went off about coffee this morning. He also had this "OMG excitement" aura about him. It certainly doesn't work in his favor.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Malkamaniac wrote:Alexander went off about coffee this morning. He also had this "OMG excitement" aura about him. It certainly doesn't work in his favor.

was it "pretty outstanding"?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Troy Loney wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:Alexander went off about coffee this morning. He also had this "OMG excitement" aura about him. It certainly doesn't work in his favor.

was it "pretty outstanding"?
so outstanding I changed the station.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

I had high hopes for Seibel and Starkey, but man, they are getting worse each day.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:I had high hopes for Seibel and Starkey, but man, they are getting worse each day.

I've been going home around 6 where my options are ken laird and that josh miller show, and that's been no contest. the 1250 show with laird is head and shoulders better than that fillaponi and miller spot. josh miller is ok at times, but generally that show sucks and makes ken laird look good.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:I had high hopes for Seibel and Starkey, but man, they are getting worse each day.
Seibel is too overbearing and they probably dont like eachother very much.
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Member »

Josh Miller said yesterday that it was more important to have a very good offensive line over an elite quarterback. :face: