The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

I absolutely cannot stand Sally Wiggin when she fills in on DVE. Her voice, and even more so her laugh, makes me want to punch my radio. Also, she seems very pompous and arrogant to me. My buddy's daughter got to tour WTAE with her high school English class (as they took a bunch of kids who were interested in communications / journalism) and he said that Sally was a complete B to all those kids. Doest surprise me one bit...
RJW76
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by RJW76 »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:hey paul alexander played some really nice golf courses

just ask him about it sometime!!!
Nah, he'll bring it up eventually
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:I absolutely cannot stand Sally Wiggin when she fills in on DVE. Her voice, and even more so her laugh, makes me want to punch my radio. Also, she seems very pompous and arrogant to me. My buddy's daughter got to tour WTAE with her high school English class (as they took a bunch of kids who were interested in communications / journalism) and he said that Sally was a complete B to all those kids. Doest surprise me one bit...
yes the dve morning show loves sally wiggin for whatever unknown reason
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:
cheesesteakwithegg wrote:I absolutely cannot stand Sally Wiggin when she fills in on DVE. Her voice, and even more so her laugh, makes me want to punch my radio. Also, she seems very pompous and arrogant to me. My buddy's daughter got to tour WTAE with her high school English class (as they took a bunch of kids who were interested in communications / journalism) and he said that Sally was a complete B to all those kids. Doest surprise me one bit...
yes the dve morning show loves sally wiggin for whatever unknown reason
She know where to find the chics. :pop:
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

Can someone post a picture of Paul Alexander on a Summer's Eve box? Thanks.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I've just seen her recently. I'd be upset to if my looks deteriorated that fast in that small amount of time.
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Wow, the X is in a nosedive. Maybe they should look to put something on besides the same Madden rerun where he tells the woman "you sound naked."
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

The real story here might be that KDKA-AM (1020) dropped to 5th in overall ratings, when was the last time it wasn't 1st or 2nd? 1950?
people are turning off their conservative talk radio to listen to steelers' coverage maybe?
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Troy Loney wrote:
The real story here might be that KDKA-AM (1020) dropped to 5th in overall ratings, when was the last time it wasn't 1st or 2nd? 1950?
people are turning off their conservative talk radio to listen to steelers' coverage maybe?
KDKA-AMs audience is dying off. Literally.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

The dbag level this morning was at an alarming rate. Paul Alexander and Bob Pompanei were on at the same time. I think Jim Lokay's head blew up.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Kovy27 wrote:The dbag level this morning was at an alarming rate. Paul Alexander and Bob Pompanei were on at the same time. I think Jim Lokay's head blew up.

On my way into work they were saying that Jamie Kennedy was supposed to be there too....that's a lot of d-baggery.
blurryhaze312
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by blurryhaze312 »

Troy Loney wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:The dbag level this morning was at an alarming rate. Paul Alexander and Bob Pompanei were on at the same time. I think Jim Lokay's head blew up.

On my way into work they were saying that Jamie Kennedy was supposed to be there too....that's a lot of d-baggery.
Thank God he was late. If he did finally come in, I missed it. That guy is a no-talent hack. I don't find him even marginally funny.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

the stuff about jeff reed bringing strippers to practice was pretty funny though.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

blurryhaze312 wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:

Thank God he was late. If he did finally come in, I missed it. That guy is a no-talent hack. I don't find him even marginally funny.

With all-due respect sir, you simply do not star in 15 movies where the only premise is 'being a white guy and trying to act black' by having no talent. You just don't.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I don't think Alexander and GG are a good fit. It was just awkward at times this morning.
blurryhaze312
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by blurryhaze312 »

DudeMan2766 wrote:
blurryhaze312 wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:

With all-due respect sir, you simply do not star in 15 movies where the only premise is 'being a white guy and trying to act black' by having no talent. You just don't.
hahahahah :-D :thumb: :thumb:
Malkamaniac wrote:I don't think Alexander and GG are a good fit. It was just awkward at times this morning.
Agree. I liked GG, JB & Jim.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Malkamaniac wrote:I don't think Alexander and GG are a good fit. It was just awkward at times this morning.
how about yesterday? did you hear that argument they had when GG was convinced that alexander owned sports jerseys, and he wanted to call paul's wife to ask her.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Troy Loney wrote:
how about yesterday? did you hear that argument they had when GG was convinced that alexander owned sports jerseys, and he wanted to call paul's wife to ask her.
lol I missed it. I mean, it's just a weird tension going on. When GG and Burton were together they were playing off of each other. Hell, I'd rather listen to 96.1's morning show than 93.7 in the mornings now.
EagleMorph
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by EagleMorph »

IronDukes37 wrote:
http://www.radio-info.com/site/markets/grid/pittsburgh" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KDKA has missed a few stories, too. People are beginning to cast wary eyes on the entire KDKA news brand. Some pretty horrible numbers for The Fan. Yeah, it's the first time they passed WEAE (1250 ESPN), but The Fan has a huge signal advantage AND this is the time of year where sports coverage is fairly quiet. ESPN's numbers dipped just a touch. I bet they'll be back up in the August/September ratings. The Fan should still be in front of them by almost a full point because of their signal advantage, yet they're not. More heads will roll if that continues.

Also, the X has taken a hit in the summer because of no Pens games. Pretty clear their ratings live and die by the Pens with those numbers.
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
atavarius

Post by atavarius »

They should have put Josh Miller with JB at 6pm for sure. Filliponi was good at 10, but his chemistry with Miller at 6 has been bad.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

One thing I'm really sick of is hearing, "Well I respect your opinion but I disagree with it." when what they really mean is, "You're a **** moron." Call a spade a spade guys. It makes for entertaining radio.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

Pavel Bure wrote:One thing I'm really sick of is hearing, "Well I respect your opinion but I disagree with it." when what they really mean is, "You're a **** moron." Call a spade a spade guys. It makes for entertaining radio.
Isn't that Madden's way of doing things? If so, don't do it.
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Member »

Paul Alexander just talked about his golf game. Fascinating. :face: