TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: TV Shows

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

Watched "Oil Change" on TSN today. It's a behind the scenes look at the Edmonton Oilers leading up to their first overall pick in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

watched 3 episodes of always sunny on comedy central last night....i definitely need to get all those seasons on DVD, that show is so good.

I also watched an episode of psych, i think that's been mentioned in this thread, but that was one of the worst shows i've ever seen.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

jersey shore 2 anyone?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:jersey shore 2 anyone?
I'm probably going to watch some of it and hate myself for it. i feel like that show glorifies everything i'm against in life.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

Troy Loney wrote:
I'm probably going to watch some of it and hate myself for it. i feel like that show glorifies everything i'm against in life.
i know thats why its awesome. you watch this show and think that people really cant be that ignorant and arrogant but they are and i love it.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

i thought there was no way that jersey shore season 2 would be watchable. they're all self-aware now and i thought the show would just be artificial. however...

these people just don't give a crap. they've somehow stayed at the same level of genuine absurdity, and i'm loving every second.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Troy Loney wrote:
i feel like that show glorifies everything i'm against in life.
+1
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Troy Loney wrote:watched 3 episodes of always sunny on comedy central last night....i definitely need to get all those seasons on DVD, that show is so good.
I can't count how many times I've heard someone say something like that in the past year +. It is a solid show with great, great acting. The episode last night when Mac and Charlie get a mailroom job and charlie goes off the deep end is fantastic. They are such horrible people and you fall in love with them for it.
tjand72
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by tjand72 »

"There is no Pepe Silvia. The man does not exist!"
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

Nice 'Animal House' reference on Rizzoli and Isles.
RJW76
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by RJW76 »

tjand72 wrote:"There is no Pepe Silvia. The man does not exist!"
i'll just link it 'cause there's a little blue language:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Just wrapped up Season 2 of True Blood. Hoenstly, I didn't like how it ended.

Season 1 was great to me. The beginning of season 2 was good, but the end was just ok.

Need to start Season 3 on demand. Hearing good things about it.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

:scared: I'm going to miss Entourage on Sunday :thumbdown:
Geezer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Geezer »

MWB wrote:
cheesesteakwithegg wrote:I hear a lot about Mad Men. Is it worth trying out? A lot of people seem to watch it.
I like it, but it really depends on what type of show you like. It's definitely a character study show... "The Sopranos" without the violence. Great writing with great characters that really goes into their relationships with each other. It also gives an interesting look at the time period.
This show does a great job of accurately portraying the early 60's; attitudes,clothes, cars, furniture, society in general.
Geezer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Geezer »

Anyone watch Warehouse 13 on the Scyfy channel? I think it's written well with interesting characters. It's quirky shows like this that meshes comedy and science fiction action. It reminds me of some episodes of the twilight zone from the early 60's although most of those didn't have a lot of action.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

i just watched three or four Psych's and have decided it's a must watch now. all the sudden a ton of new tv shows have opened up to me, including:

The Colony (i don't mind noticing parts that are scripted when there's enough that isn't that i really enjoy. plus i just love the concept.)
Dual Survival (i can't get enough of this kind of stuff.)
Man, Woman, Wild (hahaha, as mentioned...woodpecker lips)
Merlin (i still don't understand how this version is the series starting again, but there have been some great episodes and some terrible ones. the last three of the year were awesome. granted, i read over 30 books on arthurian historical fiction when i was younger and i understand if it takes that to enjoy the show)

also just finished samurai champloo. very good, but nothing near cowboy bebop or even trigun
jwienand
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jwienand »

Troy Loney wrote:watched 3 episodes of always sunny on comedy central last night....i definitely need to get all those seasons on DVD, that show is so good.

I also watched an episode of psych, i think that's been mentioned in this thread, but that was one of the worst shows i've ever seen.
My GF tried to get me to watch psych... That show SUCKS!!!!
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

I've watch the first 5 episodes of Mad Men, and it is decent. Although after each episode, I am not itching to watch the next one (ala Dexter). Perhaps it is because it is the first season, and they are setting everything up / introducing the characters. I am going to watch the entire first season and decide from there if I want to keep going.

I am really enjoying this season of Entourage.
Spoiler:
I really want to see Ari take out Lizzy Grant.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:I've watch the first 5 episodes of Mad Men, and it is decent. Although after each episode, I am not itching to watch the next one (ala Dexter). Perhaps it is because it is the first season, and they are setting everything up / introducing the characters. I am going to watch the entire first season and decide from there if I want to keep going.

Spoiler:
mad men picks up. it took me a long time to get through my season 1 recordings...just wasn't motivated. but as season 2 and season 3 (especially) rolled in, my wife and i would play 2 or 3 episodes in one sitting.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Big Brother is starting to come around for me, but wont reach any sort of goodness until the brigade starts to fall in on itself. even with this shortcomings, Matt has played one of the better games so far, imo. Britney is a little bit of a trainwreck, but shes completely honest with who she is--a catty blonde who isn't a threat. if lane wants to win the game, hes going to have to see the ship about to hit the lighthouse so to speak and get in with ragan and britney (which i would love) after the most annoying wench (rachel) unravels ala Chima...i just feel it coming. I want Brendan to go first just to watch her implode.

my favorite of the season by far is Enzo. the dude is funny and rubs no one the wrong way. His over-the-top niceness to rachel about her hoh combined with the lane conversation about "the animal" coming out of solitary was the best of the season so far.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

canaan wrote:Big Brother is starting to come around for me, but wont reach any sort of goodness until the brigade starts to fall in on itself. even with this shortcomings, Matt has played one of the better games so far, imo. Britney is a little bit of a trainwreck, but shes completely honest with who she is--a catty blonde who isn't a threat. if lane wants to win the game, hes going to have to see the ship about to hit the lighthouse so to speak and get in with ragan and britney (which i would love) after the most annoying wench (rachel) unravels ala Chima...i just feel it coming. I want Brendan to go first just to watch her implode.

my favorite of the season by far is Enzo. the dude is funny and rubs no one the wrong way. His over-the-top niceness to rachel about her hoh combined with the lane conversation about "the animal" coming out of solitary was the best of the season so far.
It's coming around for me too. I didn't think I'd get into it this season, but now I'm hooked.

I hope neither Rachel nor Brendan win power of Veto. It would be great to see how they react knowing that one of them is definitley going home. Rachel is going to melt down.

Matt is a weasel, but I like him.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Last night on big brother after dark, britney, ragan, hayden, and matt gave advice to future bb houseguests in a talkshow roundtable format. The whole thing was pretty much just them making fun of rachel, but it was absolutly hilarious the way they did it. I hope it makes the tv show.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Top Shot...
Spoiler:
Really disappointed that Kelly is out. I've been rooting for him the entire show... sucks to see him go out just before the finale. Guess I'm rooting for Pete now.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:I've watch the first 5 episodes of Mad Men, and it is decent. Although after each episode, I am not itching to watch the next one (ala Dexter). Perhaps it is because it is the first season, and they are setting everything up / introducing the characters. I am going to watch the entire first season and decide from there if I want to keep going.

Spoiler:
Yeah, for me Mad Men isn't one of those shows where I get really excited about a new episode, but then I watch it and really enjoy it. No big cliffhangers.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Reality rage... spoilers since a couple of them involve shows airing tonight. (Next Food Network Star and Top Shot spoilers)
Spoiler:
It started with Hell's Kitchen last week. Wanted Jay to win, he clearly won the final service... and somehow Holli still won. :face:

The next Food Network Star. I've been pissed since they kept Aria over Brad a couple weeks ago. Now in the finale, there are 3 choices... 2 of which I would love to watch, and one I would never watch under any circumstances. So who wins? Arti of course. :face:

And now Top Shot... was rooting for Kelly the entire time and he gets eliminated right before the finale. So I root for Pete. Who loses challenge 1 in the finale. So I root for JJ... who loses challenge 2 in the finale. Unreal. :face:

At this rate, Amanda will win Top Chef. :scared: