TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
danisu21
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: TV Shows

Post by danisu21 »

my boys season premiere was tonight. i was a happy camper.
Cookestache
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Cookestache »

Mad Men is not capable of not being the best show on television.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

Rizzoli and Isles is getting better each week. Memphis Beat is becoming stagnant already.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

i just started watching Tosh.0

that's some funny stuff right there
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

So Ellen is leaving American Idol, Kara DioGuardi is likely fired and J. Lo is on the verge of becoming a judge. Rumors that Randy Jackson might be out as well. Simon carried this show and now they are desperate.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

danisu21 wrote:my boys season premiere was tonight. i was a happy camper.
I DVR'd it, but wasn't able to watch it yet.

Love that show.
tjand72
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by tjand72 »

I tried to like My Boys, but it really doesn't do it for me. It's watchable and I can sit through an episode, but for some reason it doesn't sit right with me. I can't explain it. It does have it's moments, though.
tjand72
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by tjand72 »

Does anyone have any expectations for Outsourced? I'm hoping that it'll be entertaining, but I don't know anything about the actors. Looks like it has an Office/Parks and Rec feel to it.

I also see it as a potentially inflammatory show in regards to lost jobs and racism. I have no problem with what I think the show will be, but I anticipate that it won't last long because of these reasons. Well, not because of those reasons specifically or entirely, but they could contribute.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

tjand72 wrote:I tried to like My Boys, but it really doesn't do it for me. It's watchable and I can sit through an episode, but for some reason it doesn't sit right with me. I can't explain it. It does have it's moments, though.
It is probably having the female as the reporter for the cubs. That is fine. In Pittsburgh, there are not any female reporters covering the buccos.

I like the female lead~ not made to be overly sexy nor boyish; dare I say normal? I do think friends are sometimes too much into each other's lives, but that is today.

This show, Merlin, a couple of my brainless TV watching. Merlin is a BBC production with 2 good looking guys. :thumb:
tjand72
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by tjand72 »

It's not about the female lead. I have no apprehensions about a female doing a "man's" job.

I don't really have any close female friends, so maybe the concept is a bit lost on me.

Nothing to do with a female lead, though.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

I think andrew might have salvaged the big brother season last night. too bad in doing so, it got him sent home. best case scenario, lane and kristen go up, and hayden gets power of veto, having to choose between his secret girlfriend and his secret alliance...
jamespensfan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jamespensfan »

Froggy wrote:I think andrew might have salvaged the big brother season last night. too bad in doing so, it got him sent home. best case scenario, lane and kristen go up, and hayden gets power of veto, having to choose between his secret girlfriend and his secret alliance...
I thought last night's bb could have been the best episode of the 12 seasons of that show. I have the live feeds. Apparently, they were screaming at each other during the commercial break during the live voting.

And there was a huge fight between Kristen and Rachel after the show.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

i hate the red head and brendan. they both need to just go far far away
jamespensfan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jamespensfan »

canaan wrote:i hate the red head and brendan. they both need to just go far far away
The Red Head Rachel is a really good player. She kicked their butts last night.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

jamespensfan wrote:
canaan wrote:i hate the red head and brendan. they both need to just go far far away
she would've been destroyed and eliminated last season in the first two weeks. this cast has a comfortable clique of people with no idea of how to run this game.

its like theyve never watched the show before.

people like kathy should be vital to the house because they dont win anything and that numbskull matt wanted to vote her out because of personal reasons. the amount of terrible decisions hes made, is baffling.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

I hear a lot about Mad Men. Is it worth trying out? A lot of people seem to watch it.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

canaan wrote:
jamespensfan wrote:
she would've been destroyed and eliminated last season in the first two weeks. this cast has a comfortable clique of people with no idea of how to run this game.

its like theyve never watched the show before.

people like kathy should be vital to the house because they dont win anything and that numbskull matt wanted to vote her out because of personal reasons. the amount of terrible decisions hes made, is baffling.
i think it's funny how 'The Brigade' think that they are running the house, but all they've managed to do in their 2 HOH's is kick out 2 people with giant targets on their backs who weren't really a threat to win anything. They should have focused on getting brendan and rachel out week 1 instead of annie. Rachel goes home that night, she can't win POV, and that makes it easier to attack Brendan, who is the real target. People this season are thinking about decisions waaaaay too much.

I don't mind going after the floaters, but they are doing it for the wrong reasons. You don't go after someone because they aren't threats in competitions. However, hurting the opposing players by removing supporting votes is fine if you want to avoid rocking the boat too much early on.

much like the last 2 seasons of BB, this one is starting off as crap. Hopefully it will turn around week 5 or 6 like it did the last 2 years, but the problem still remains that there isn't anyone on this cast i want to root for. Britney is pretty entertaining, but she's a stuck up little brat. Everyone else in the house is either boring or really really ridiculously dumb.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:I hear a lot about Mad Men. Is it worth trying out? A lot of people seem to watch it.
I like it, but it really depends on what type of show you like. It's definitely a character study show... "The Sopranos" without the violence. Great writing with great characters that really goes into their relationships with each other. It also gives an interesting look at the time period.
tjand72
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by tjand72 »

Cricket from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is a great character.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

tjand72 wrote:Cricket from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is a great character.
You gotta make it sexy if you wanna eat
tjand72
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by tjand72 »

Good Eats is a fascinating show.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

tjand72 wrote:Good Eats is a fascinating show.
Yeah... even when the topic is something I don't like, he still finds a way to add enough interesting facts and technique stuff that it's worthy watching more often than not.
tjand72
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by tjand72 »

the wicked child wrote:
Yeah... even when the topic is something I don't like, he still finds a way to add enough interesting facts and technique stuff that it's worthy watching more often than not.
There was a show I saw recently about bread. Bread! That's it, yet is was very interesting.

It makes me believe that most chefs aren't the self-important jerks that I thought they were who add ingredients nilly-willy just to make the dish sound good.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

the wicked child wrote:

reading this made me realize i won't be able to use this photoshop anymore... makes me sad.

Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

ok... I'm officially on the Britney bandwagon...

she was in Rachel's HOH room the other night and found her hair extensions. hilarity ensued...

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

some language in the clip, so i didn't embed