History repeats itself as the Union Army Wins LGP CIVIL WAR!

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: History repeats itself as the Union Army Wins LGP CIVIL

Post by MWB »

If I had just gone with ck and switched to beerman I would've helped myself and the confed side. It just came down to me thinking that shaf was a confed rp and ck wasn't. Once I got that in my head I wouldn't let myself be swayed.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

One thing I would have liked, and could maybe be used for future games, is to have the vig (or some other rp) be able to take a shot during the day. Since I only had one shot I was thinking it would've added a cool dimension if I could have used that shot during a day phase and just killed someone off right away.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

MWB wrote:One thing I would have liked, and could maybe be used for future games, is to have the vig (or some other rp) be able to take a shot during the day. Since I only had one shot I was thinking it would've added a cool dimension if I could have used that shot during a day phase and just killed someone off right away.
That would be an interesting twist. I know that there is a concept of a daytime vigilante.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Overall, this was a fun game... just wish we had played things better on Friday. I had considered doing a game along these lines at some point (not the upcoming one). Seeing how this worked, it gives me some insight on what I would keep and what I would change... so in a way, you guys did some real time research for me. :D
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

cup keeper wrote:
Eslewhere, a soldier was seen to have been promoted to the rank of General.
This comment in the write-up where pfidc didn't die made me think that there was no role change and only a regular Union was promoted to General.
I struggled with that when I wrote it. I didn't want to read any assumptions in to it. Each set of Generals didn't know which soldiers were theirs, and which were the enemy. Maybe I assumed to much for leaving it as open as possible to interpretation?
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

relantel wrote:
cup keeper wrote:
Eslewhere, a soldier was seen to have been promoted to the rank of General.
This comment in the write-up where pfidc didn't die made me think that there was no role change and only a regular Union was promoted to General.
I struggled with that when I wrote it. I didn't want to read any assumptions in to it. Each set of Generals didn't know which soldiers were theirs, and which were the enemy. Maybe I assumed to much for leaving it as open as possible to interpretation?
If the recruit was made earlier then it wouldn't have mattered because we were still straightening out who was on whch side. By that point though with voting histories to look back on we had a good idea where everyone was aligned. But that was probably why the union side recruited redwill because he was obviously confederate and that switch sealed the game.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

the wicked child wrote:Overall, this was a fun game... just wish we had played things better on Friday. I had considered doing a game along these lines at some point (not the upcoming one). Seeing how this worked, it gives me some insight on what I would keep and what I would change... so in a way, you guys did some real time research for me. :D
Glad we could help. I think as the game progressed, we found ways that we might have wanted to do things differently, and encountered situations we hadn't contemplated the result of... one of the things was the night you targeted MWB, whether with the bullet in the gun whether there should be an auto-kill defensive shot. Or what if it was an unaimed shot that required a random.org to see who it went at, and another random.org for hit/miss. We ended up going with no return shot, and dying with the bullet, since it wasn't stated in the original role PM to mac.

And, we thought for sure that MWB would target beerman that night, and we wouldn't have had to think about it...
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

cup keeper wrote:If the recruit was made earlier then it wouldn't have mattered because we were still straightening out who was on whch side. By that point though with voting histories to look back on we had a good idea where everyone was aligned. But that was probably why the union side recruited redwill because he was obviously confederate and that switch sealed the game.
thg investigated redwill on the very first night so we knew he was a confed soldier from the very beginning. We planned on just killing him off at some point but once thg died we figured it was perfect time to use our recruit. We went back and forth on who we thought was recruitable and who wasn't. Ultimately going with redwill to switch the numbers around and it couldn't have worked any better.

I still kind of thought you guys had a good idea about what happened until I saw your comment about you guys having the numbers in your favor. Once we saw that we knew we pretty much had it as long as we were careful. Which having 4 of the 5 of us able to communicate freely was the gamebreaker. We didn't even really need to post anything other than votes from that point on.
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

beerman wrote: thg investigated redwill on the very first night so we knew he was a confed soldier from the very beginning. We planned on just killing him off at some point but once thg died we figured it was perfect time to use our recruit. We went back and forth on who we thought was recruitable and who wasn't. Ultimately going with redwill to switch the numbers around and it couldn't have worked any better.

I still kind of thought you guys had a good idea about what happened until I saw your comment about you guys having the numbers in your favor. Once we saw that we knew we pretty much had it as long as we were careful. Which having 4 of the 5 of us able to communicate freely was the gamebreaker. We didn't even really need to post anything other than votes from that point on.
It was in the back of my head that you recruited one of regular confederate soldiers but we thought that it was shaf, especially after he led out with that vote on senka the night after kraftster died.

redwill strung us along on the pfidc and azkar vote to make me think that he was still confederate.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

I was contemplating giving the non-general soldiers "tent buddies".. But that would have been almost too easy so I decided against it.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

mac5155 wrote:I was contemplating giving the non-general soldiers "tent buddies".. But that would have been almost too easy so I decided against it.
A couple of sets of "Brothers", essentially with one regular soldier on each side (or even the same side to cause doubt), would have been a good addition with a full complement of 30 players, but too much for only 20. I might have had that as a modified mason role - not direct PM communication, but as if sending letters via the mod (postal service). There were many examples of sets of brothers being in the war, some on the same side, some on opposite sides.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

relantel wrote:
mac5155 wrote:I was contemplating giving the non-general soldiers "tent buddies".. But that would have been almost too easy so I decided against it.
A couple of sets of "Brothers", essentially with one regular soldier on each side (or even the same side to cause doubt), would have been a good addition with a full complement of 30 players, but too much for only 20. I might have had that as a modified mason role - not direct PM communication, but as if sending letters via the mod (postal service). There were many examples of sets of brothers being in the war, some on the same side, some on opposite sides.
i hate receiving 20 PMs per night though :pop: esp when no one follows the subject line outline that I specifically gave to make it easier on my part.