History repeats itself as the Union Army Wins LGP CIVIL WAR!

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: History repeats itself as the Union Army Wins LGP CIVIL

Post by Kicksave »

Shaf is on vacation. He left Friday or Saturday.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

slappybrown wrote:I thought it was dumb for the confeds to out me, at least by name.
Knowing that if we tried to kill you at night, we would have died, I think it was dumb too.

When cupkeeper said he was confederate and twc was along, it cleared a lot of things for us. We didn't know if you were the independent or shaf was. I also didn't know if teib was union or not.

So when they outed you, we didn't want to kill you at night because we thought you were an angel character. If they didn't do that, there was a real possibilty we kill you at night and that could have evened up the score.

They were pretty much revealing everything to us and answering all of our questions.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Nice job union.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

I'd never been recruited before. It took me a bit to adjust my thinking.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

I take it thg was killed because the Confeds tried to recruit him and he was "unrecruitable"?

I had a bit of nasty fun switching back and forth during the cup keeper vote. I got the impression the Confeds thought I was still one of them at that point.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

redwill wrote:I take it thg was killed because the Confeds tried to recruit him and he was "unrecruitable"?

I had a bit of nasty fun switching back and forth during the cup keeper vote. I got the impression the Confeds thought I was still one of them at that point.
yep, thg was unrecruitable.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

mac5155 wrote:
redwill wrote:I take it thg was killed because the Confeds tried to recruit him and he was "unrecruitable"?

yep, thg was unrecruitable.
Yeah I guess that's something I wanted to ask. Who was recruitable and who wasn't? I kind of went back and forth about what we should do but ultimately figured I could probably either recruit a regular confed or union soldier only and that both confed generals and neutrals were unrecruitable? Had we tried to recruit MWB what would've happened?
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

if you recruited MWB and he had the bullet, you died. if not, he could be turned. thats what i was thinking, anyway.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

mac5155 wrote:shafnutz did a great job at the end too.. :pop:
When Shaf made his "Senka MUST die" comment, I was thinking that Shaf was the confed seer, which is why I stayed with my Senka vote, thinking he was a Union rp. Then I would have tried to help the Confederate side.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

mac5155 wrote:if you recruited MWB and he had the bullet, you died. if not, he could be turned. thats what i was thinking, anyway.
would he have kept his shooting abilities, or would he have just become a regular member with no power?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

mac5155 wrote:if you recruited MWB and he had the bullet, you died. if not, he could be turned. thats what i was thinking, anyway.
We were talking about recruiting him and hopefully got his bullets, but we decided against that. Worked out for the best.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

way to go union...glad i was on the team and helped so much.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

beerman wrote:
would he have kept his shooting abilities, or would he have just become a regular member with no power?
regular member, no power.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

newarenanow wrote:
We were talking about recruiting him and hopefully got his bullets, but we decided against that. Worked out for the best.
I only had one bullet anyway... I was pretty limited.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

newarenanow wrote:
slappybrown wrote:I thought it was dumb for the confeds to out me, at least by name.
Knowing that if we tried to kill you at night, we would have died, I think it was dumb too.

When cupkeeper said he was confederate and twc was along, it cleared a lot of things for us. We didn't know if you were the independent or shaf was. I also didn't know if teib was union or not.

So when they outed you, we didn't want to kill you at night because we thought you were an angel character. If they didn't do that, there was a real possibilty we kill you at night and that could have evened up the score.

They were pretty much revealing everything to us and answering all of our questions.
Exactly.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

mac5155 wrote:
i was glad they did because hilarity ensued with you calling everyone female names :pop:
Probably leading to complaints. :pop:
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

I just didn't want you to win. :pop:

Seriously though redwill did a good job because he had me believing that he was confederate even after he had been recruited.

And now I know why malks get so frustrated with me when things are happening and I'm not around. It was super frustrating on Friday when I was trying to sway the vote and the only guy around was mwb.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

cup keeper wrote: And now I know why malks get so frustrated with me when things are happening and I'm not around. It was super frustrating on Friday when I was trying to sway the vote and the only guy around was mwb.
Yeah, we were sweating it too with MikeEnIke being gone. We had slappy on board which gave us the 5th vote, and needed Mike to swoop in and make the 6th before slappy changed his mind.

It was getting frustrating because we knew if we won that vote, then we win the game.

And you could tell you were getting frustrated too, because like you said, you were trying to sway it, but no one else was around.
the errey i breathe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by the errey i breathe »

i feel like this game had all the drama toward the beginning instead of the end. Once a couple votes went by it was pretty easy to see who was on which side and then it just became majority rules. Granted, this could only be because i didn't have a role and didn't get to see the inner workings and behind the scenes action like NAN and others did.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

the errey i breathe wrote:i feel like this game had all the drama toward the beginning instead of the end. Once a couple votes went by it was pretty easy to see who was on which side and then it just became majority rules. Granted, this could only be because i didn't have a role and didn't get to see the inner workings and behind the scenes action like NAN and others did.
I can see what you are saying. If I wasn't a general, it would have been a little more boring. It was fun talking behind the scenes with everyone and figuring out what was going on.

But like you said, once it became appearant, it became majority rules. And the end was easy to finish off. There was no way to hide.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

the errey i breathe wrote:i feel like this game had all the drama toward the beginning instead of the end. Once a couple votes went by it was pretty easy to see who was on which side and then it just became majority rules. Granted, this could only be because i didn't have a role and didn't get to see the inner workings and behind the scenes action like NAN and others did.

Yeah, when it was 5-4-1 was the breaking point - the 1 sided with the 5, and that was it, since 4 of the 5 were in PM communication. Had some of the RPs been knocked sooner, and more unattached (by PM) soldiers were still out, it may have been more interesting at the end. Though I suspect at some point the dynamic would have been the same. This was a hard war to put neutral players in, short of maybe a British or French envoy or something that would be truly neutral - kind of like the role you had a few games ago, where if the neutral role got taken out, the role co-wins.
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

Eslewhere, a soldier was seen to have been promoted to the rank of General.
This comment in the write-up where pfidc didn't die made me think that there was no role change and only a regular Union was promoted to General.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

I was recruited after PFIDC was saved from a night killing. I had spent my time prior to that trying to save Zaro, who was obviously Confed like me.

After I was recruited, I battled exposing myself and so went after PFIDC to preserve my apparent loyalty. I was now Union and was a bit dismayed that everyone followed me. But it worked to our advantage in the end.

However, I must say that PFIDC had us wondering, since he claimed to be the Union angel, which we knew to be false. It was worth it I guess to solve that mystery.

Finally, when I was still Confed, I was laughing out loud that Malka was Union but was calling out thg. It forced the Union Generals to kill Malka, one of their own. What was the deal with that? thg hate should be carried only so far.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

cup keeper wrote: And now I know why malks get so frustrated with me when things are happening and I'm not around. It was super frustrating on Friday when I was trying to sway the vote and the only guy around was mwb.
Yeah, then you killed me even though I would've tried to help your side win. :pop:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

MWB wrote:
Yeah, then you killed me even though I would've tried to help your side win. :pop:
Unfortunately, that was my fault. We were concerned about potential protection after PFIDC didn't die. It felt like you were trying really hard to get us to go after beerman, so there was a concern that it was a setup. Had I taken the time to read back through the thread, I would have remembered about your.. disagreement with thg and realized you weren't a union RP.

We knew Mike was the bomb, but he wasn't really participating, so we didn't feel it overly helped us to get rid of him then... just over thought things, really.

We played that whole day pretty badly though, so the ultimate loss was not a surprise.

At the time that we were outing slappy, it was before we realized that redwill had been converted and were trying to sway him back. Ultimately, it didn't matter because even if slappy had sided with us, we would have needed shaf to show up just to force a tie.... which wasn't likely to happen.

After that, any post I made in regards to slappy was to try to get the Union to slip up and attack him at night instead of us. I didn't think it would work, and it didn't, but there wasn't really any play at that point due to the numbers.