Random Songs

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Random Songs

Post by Idoit40fans »

tjand72 wrote:Almost as emotional as this:

[youtube][/youtube]

If you would have told me that this was a woman singing before I checked it out, I would have slapped you upside your head. She's very good, though.
My friend and I love this song. A lot.
tjand72
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by tjand72 »

[youtube][/youtube]
tjand72
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by tjand72 »

[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]

Saw these guys in 2000 with Boiler Room and Spineshank. Awesome show. One of my many drumsticks (from Spineshank).
tjand72
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by tjand72 »

[youtube][/youtube]
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

[youtube][/youtube]

(Mug mug mug!!)

Coffee mug
Gonna clear away the haze
Liquid proof
That i can win this race
Coffee mug
The grip that keeps me tall
My inter-link
Keeps me questing all
I don't need no booze or drugs
I just chug-a-lug-o my coffee mug
And i don't need your kiss and hug
They haven't banned
My liquid drug of choice
There's too many hooked
And they've got too much voice
So for the moment
We're all pretty good to go
With 98 cups
With 98 more to go
I don't need no booze or drugs
And i don't need your kiss and hug
Here a bean, there a bean
Everywhere a mean mean
Bean chug - a - lug - o - my
Coffee - mug, mug, mug, mug
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

I guess this is kind of random, was telling a friend of mine about my 90 day deployment to Kuwait in 00-01, and how the flight from Baltimore to Lajes Field they had one radio channel with a 12 song loop, and there was one song I enjoyed, this one...... even if you don't like this music, mute it, b/c claude have mercy she's fine. Fyyyyyyyynnnnneeeeee (bonus to those who get the fyyyynnnee reference)
[youtube][/youtube]
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Do do do your dirty words
Come out to play when you are heard
Theres certain things
that should be left unsaid
tjand72
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by tjand72 »

I find it strange that this band
[youtube][/youtube]

is the same as this one

[youtube][/youtube]
tjand72
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by tjand72 »

I bought this album after hearing the song on the Brainscan soundtrack. The song is awesome, but the rest of the album is pretty much garbage.

The record label seems to have Youtube on lockdown, but this is the best version I think, even though it's hard to hear.

[youtube][/youtube]
tjand72
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by tjand72 »

[youtube][/youtube]
neophool
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by neophool »

song
tjand72
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by tjand72 »

neophool wrote:song
Yes?
roland
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by roland »

[youtube][/youtube]
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

[youtube][/youtube]
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

Shinobi vs Dragon Ninja is a great song, that album is solid. Yes everything after is less than acceptable.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

nocera wrote:
JS© wrote: I forgot about them until Guitar Hero 5. Seven is playable in one of the later sets.

Still not sure how they are classified as an emo band. :pop:
Emo didn't start out with groups like Hawthorne Heights and My Chemical Romance, or whatever else is categorized as such these days. It was bands like The Promise Ring, early Jimmy Eat World, Sunny Day Real Estate, Braid, and The Get Up Kids. Then, it went to the acoustic guys like Onelinedrawing and Dashboard Confessional, before transforming again into a melding of the pop-punk bands until eventually it came to bands like MCR and Panic (!) at the Disco. Early emo is actually amazing music.

Check out the book "Nothing Feels Good" (title comes from a Promise Ring album/song) for a really interesting look into the history of the genre.
I thought it picked up around the Dashboard Confessional era and may have originated a few years earlier. I had no idea it went back as far as the earlyish 90s.

and getting back on topic, here's your random song. Not related to emo, but it is from the early 90s.

[youtube][/youtube]
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

roland wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
LRB FTW
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

[youtube][/youtube]

I love the horn parts of this song.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

JS© wrote:As far as a favorite BR song, it's too hard to decide. 80-85 is in my Jeep right now and there's a lot of stuff from the early part of the CD (the "How Can Hell Be Any Worse" part of the CD from tracks 1-14) that I'm really into lately.

What I never knew about the 80-85 CD is that there isn't an exact release date for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/80%E2%80%9385" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
One of the most mysterious aspects of this compilation is its release date. Although the inlay on some says it was from 1991, this information may be confusing, like other early Bad Religion releases. Another reason why it could have been released before 1991 is because of its catalog number; 80-85 was released as Epitaph number 86407, while Against the Grain was released as Epitaph number 86409. For a while, Epitaph.com and the official Bad Religion website both claimed it was released on May 18, 1992, two months after the release of then-current album Generator (the current Bad Religion website claims it was released on November 12, 1991). Also, some software-based audio players and CD rippers that use CD lookup databases such as CDDB note 1989 as its release date. Finally, Allmusic claims it was released in 1990, while Punknews.org claims it was released in 1985 and Epitaph.com claims it was released in 1994, but there are no facts to support this.
I'm sure if I pull out my cassettes that I haven't listened to in almost a decade, I'm sure I can find an original copy and maybe a more accurate year.
Delayed Response FTW... so I've checked out the songs that make up that compilation... a lot of it isn't my cup of tea. It's not that any of it is bad per se... But all of the songs are real short and have a similar sound to me... The vocals sound different to me on some of the real early stuff which also doesn't help... his voice is one of the main things that I enjoy about the band.

That said, both Along the Way and **** Armageddon... This is Hell have been stuck in my head ever since. I'll have to listen to that stuff more. I'm just starting to expand from The Gray Race and Stranger Than Fiction, so Ive got some work to do.

I've heard songs from most of the albums now (New Dark Ages, Shades of Truth & American Jesus for example), but not a lot of full albums. Which other albums would you recommend checking out first?
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

[youtube][/youtube]

"I don' love ya but I need ya"

Gerardo is the man.
bruthrluv
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by bruthrluv »

the wicked child wrote:
JS© wrote:As far as a favorite BR song, it's too hard to decide. 80-85 is in my Jeep right now and there's a lot of stuff from the early part of the CD (the "How Can Hell Be Any Worse" part of the CD from tracks 1-14) that I'm really into lately.

What I never knew about the 80-85 CD is that there isn't an exact release date for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/80%E2%80%9385" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
One of the most mysterious aspects of this compilation is its release date. Although the inlay on some says it was from 1991, this information may be confusing, like other early Bad Religion releases. Another reason why it could have been released before 1991 is because of its catalog number; 80-85 was released as Epitaph number 86407, while Against the Grain was released as Epitaph number 86409. For a while, Epitaph.com and the official Bad Religion website both claimed it was released on May 18, 1992, two months after the release of then-current album Generator (the current Bad Religion website claims it was released on November 12, 1991). Also, some software-based audio players and CD rippers that use CD lookup databases such as CDDB note 1989 as its release date. Finally, Allmusic claims it was released in 1990, while Punknews.org claims it was released in 1985 and Epitaph.com claims it was released in 1994, but there are no facts to support this.
I'm sure if I pull out my cassettes that I haven't listened to in almost a decade, I'm sure I can find an original copy and maybe a more accurate year.
Delayed Response FTW... so I've checked out the songs that make up that compilation... a lot of it isn't my cup of tea. It's not that any of it is bad per se... But all of the songs are real short and have a similar sound to me... The vocals sound different to me on some of the real early stuff which also doesn't help... his voice is one of the main things that I enjoy about the band.

That said, both Along the Way and **** Armageddon... This is Hell have been stuck in my head ever since. I'll have to listen to that stuff more. I'm just starting to expand from The Gray Race and Stranger Than Fiction, so Ive got some work to do.

I've heard songs from most of the albums now (New Dark Ages, Shades of Truth & American Jesus for example), but not a lot of full albums. Which other albums would you recommend checking out first?

80-85 was released in 1994. Any album prior to Stranger Than Fiction are their best stuff. There's also a greatest hits compilation callled How Could Hell Be Any Worse? which has most of their best early stuff but not all. I grew up with the early stuff so I may be a little biased in my taste of BR. If you like them, check out the first three albums from Pennywise. Very similar sound just a little harder.
doublem
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by doublem »

[youtube][/youtube]
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Thought of this song from back in the day for some reason today.
[youtube][/youtube]
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

the wicked child wrote:Bad Religion
I was thinking of their song from Punk-O-Rama 4 I think it was. Something about atomic world or something. Good stuff.
bruthrluv
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by bruthrluv »

Atomic Garden