TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by PensFanInDC »

Cant wait for Sons of Anarchy
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Got disc 2 of True Blood Sesaon 2 in the mail. Probably will watch that tonight. Almost caught up and can start watching Season 3 on demand.
BadHands71
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by BadHands71 »

Point Breeze Penguins wrote:Anyone watch the new Angie Harmon vehicle?
Yea, it was pretty good. I like the quirks of the 2 main characters. It has potential.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

Chefpatrick871 wrote:Psych season premier tonight! Woot!
So excited! :thumb:
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

That show is pretty amazing, but i've never started regularly watching it.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

Currently, I am DVR'ing:

Louie

and

The Good Guys.

Louie is awesome.

The Good Guys is pretty funny, as well.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

So..... anyone who saw the episode of pawn Stars where the lady had the Apollo moon landing flag.. how much did it go for? F'n comcrap somehow cut a minute out of my recording and split it into 2 parts... and the part where she accepted the deal was missing.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

nocera wrote:
jamespensfan wrote:I still like Friday Night Lights too. In the fourth season on NBC, and it is still a great show.
Season 1 of FNL is up there with my favorite TV of all time. Season 4 has been good, but they sort of took the football out of the show.
Yeah, they've made a pretty big switch this season. I guess this is the way they decided to carry it on to a new set of characters. I still enjoy it though.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

White Collar on USA. :thumb:
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

jaysmiter wrote:Currently, I am DVR'ing:

Louie

and

The Good Guys.

Louie is awesome.

The Good Guys is pretty funny, as well.
Liked the first couple episodes of Louie, but not so much the last one.... seemed to be mostly stand-up, with just filler of the "show."
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

PensFanInDC wrote:Cant wait for Sons of Anarchy
:thumb:
BadHands71
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by BadHands71 »

Just started watching White Collar... very good show.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

I hope Mia michaels dies. Ugh I dunno what shes blabbering about but I imagine it's a good message but she's always crying. Lock it up bro.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

Kicksave wrote:White Collar on USA. :thumb:
:thumb:
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Daniel87 »

Froggy wrote:I think britney is the saboteur. Annie or andrew is a bit too obvious, but britney is flying very low, and seems to be making deals with everyone. Either her or lane.
Initially I thought it was Annie. She seemed to be playing the game so fast, going around to everyone. Now I'm starting to think it's Matt. He reminds me a lot of America's Player Eric from BB8 and Dan from BB10. It seems like BB would pick him. Plus his reactions when the sabotuer makes an appearance seem off.

From turning on showtime a few times, most of the cast seems boring. I like Enzo, Britney, and Matt. Everyone else is kind of dull.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Psych was hilarious. My favorite was when they went to the dojo and Gus started talking like a lawyer. Or when Shawn fell through the window. This show is top-notch comedy.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

What about last night's Big Brother? Holy smokes. Was that the most bigoted moment in the history of BB? They announced that two people on the show are lifelong friends, so Andrew, the Jewish guy with a yarmulke on his head jumps up and says, "you can be sure it is not me, because there isn't anyone else here who knows Judaism!!!" - something to that tune. The others looked at him like -> :shock: . So he can't be best friends with someone if they're not Jewish? I guess that excludes Christians and Buddhists and the Muslims. Hard to believe that this exist in 2010 and that he doesn't realize what he's saying.... on TV.

Then he misspells a simple word during the game and tries to cover it up by saying it was strategy.

I initially liked him, especially when he said he was going to be the troublemaker, but all he's done so far is hide behind a couch and throw a pillow at someone.

He gets my award for dumbass of BB 2010.

The award was actually going to Brendan and the redhead with big knockers. Haven't they watched what happens on a show like this or Survivor? Any time there is a "showmance" on the show, the others vote them out ASAP because they want to eliminate the alliance. This was episode 2 and Brendan already referred to them as a couple and asked her on a date after the filming. And the redhead? I find her so extremely annoying. Her laugh is an exact replica of John Candy's in Uncle Buck, but I think she's serious. I swear, if she was standing in front of me and began laughing and if I had a nerf bat in my hand, I would pop her right in the face with it. TEE HEE HEE HEE.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

Sarcastic wrote:Psych was hilarious. My favorite was when they went to the dojo and Gus started talking like a lawyer. Or when Shawn fell through the window. This show is top-notch comedy.
Loved it, even the episodes that aren't so good are still really good, Roday and Hill work amazingly together.
jamespensfan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jamespensfan »

Big brother tonight. Annie is the saboteur and perhaps the worst player in BB history. She cant even lay low to not get evicted the first week.

I always liked BB and still do but it was always manipulated. Is this proof that it is not? Because the producers let their twist die in a huge big flame!!!

And I love Rachel. Sorry saracistic. I watch the feeds. She is a camera whore (who on a reality show isnt) but I think she is generally a nice person.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

yeah... i agree 100%. if you're in the game as a saboteur, maybe lay low on the other aspects of your game play... especially when there were at least 3 other automatic targets by a majority of the house. All she had to do was lay low, and let Rachel, Brendon, and Andrew go... and then they probably would have turned on Britney and Monet. Then you're past week 5 and you get your saboteur bonus. I can't believe how bad a player she was. And her stupidity kept Rachel in the house, and now she's HOH, and the entire balance of power for the next few weeks could be determined by what she does.

I'm glad rachel is still around. Although, it is pretty dumb to start a showmance in the first week in the house. why put a target on your back so early?
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

the wicked child wrote:So..... anyone who saw the episode of pawn Stars where the lady had the Apollo moon landing flag.. how much did it go for? F'n comcrap somehow cut a minute out of my recording and split it into 2 parts... and the part where she accepted the deal was missing.

I actually posted this in the random thread when someone brought up Rick. They authenticated the flag, a guy gave the signatures the thumbs up. The lady says "23, 900". Rick immediatley shoots back with 3500. She says "can we 4,000?" And that was it. She seems pretty happy about it too. I know you are suppossed to start higher than you want with this guy but he dropped 20,000 dollars right off the bat and she basically took it. The damn thing was ON THE MOON :face:
jamespensfan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jamespensfan »

Froggy wrote:yeah... i agree 100%. if you're in the game as a saboteur, maybe lay low on the other aspects of your game play... especially when there were at least 3 other automatic targets by a majority of the house. All she had to do was lay low, and let Rachel, Brendon, and Andrew go... and then they probably would have turned on Britney and Monet. Then you're past week 5 and you get your saboteur bonus. I can't believe how bad a player she was. And her stupidity kept Rachel in the house, and now she's HOH, and the entire balance of power for the next few weeks could be determined by what she does.

I'm glad rachel is still around. Although, it is pretty dumb to start a showmance in the first week in the house. why put a target on your back so early?

That is really stupid. But I dont think Rachel is in the house to win. I think she just loves to be in front of the camera. It was dumb to put such a huge target on your back.

She already has two huge targets on the front. :D

And the feeds are better with the swith in power. Britney and Andrew already got into a fight.
BadHands71
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by BadHands71 »

Does anyone else remember 11th Hour on CBS last year??????

I loved that show, I was sad it only lasted 1 season.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

Burn Notice was awesome as usual tonight, can't wait til next week, Burt Reynolds + Michael Weston = big win!
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

jamespensfan wrote:She already has two huge targets on the front. :D

And the feeds are better with the swith in power. Britney and Andrew already got into a fight.
Fair enough on Rachel, lol. She's so damn ugly though, too. She looks like an owl.

I think there are only two people who I like so far... Lane and Monet. Both are cool, but kind of reserved. Not wuss quiet, just cool and in control.

Endzo... wtf is a meow meow?

Why did Brit and Andrew fight?
Last edited by Sarcastic on Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.