TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by Sarcastic »

It was announced to the group that one of them is a saboteur and is not playing to last the entire game and win, but to instead mess it all up, create false alliances, spread lies, etc..... for everyone else. I think if this person lasts 5 weeks (I think it's 5 weeks), they get $50,000.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Sarcastic wrote:It was announced to the group that one of them is a saboteur and is not playing to last the entire game and win, but to instead mess it all up, create false alliances, spread lies, etc..... for everyone else. I think if this person lasts 5 weeks (I think it's 5 weeks), they get $50,000.
That's a neat little twist. You have to walk a fine line, because you don't want to be too obvious and get voted out early, but you also need to create some chaos.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

I think britney is the saboteur. Annie or andrew is a bit too obvious, but britney is flying very low, and seems to be making deals with everyone. Either her or lane.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Froggy wrote:I think britney is the saboteur. Annie or andrew is a bit too obvious, but britney is flying very low, and seems to be making deals with everyone. Either her or lane.
the skinny dude with the tattoos would be a good choice for "under the radar"
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

More history~ WQED has a great documentary about George Schultz, Secretary of State for President Reagan.
Continues tonight.

*Wednesday night, Rich Sebak's "breakfast special." I know I'll want home fries and an omelet.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

White Collar returns tonight and that show with Piper Perabo begins. I'll watch one episode because she's really cute, but it will probably piss me off if she takes down a 6'4 guy.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Nobody watches The Closer? I think that is the best cop show on TV and I have watched every episode. I think this is already season 5 or 6 or something. Brilliant cast, funny as hell, genius cases where you typically don't know the answer until the end (like on Castle).

Rizzoli & Isles that followed The Closer last night was very good. Also a cop show.
BadHands71
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by BadHands71 »

Sarcastic wrote:Nobody watches The Closer? I think that is the best cop show on TV and I have watched every episode. I think this is already season 5 or 6 or something. Brilliant cast, funny as hell, genius cases where you typically don't know the answer until the end (like on Castle).

Rizzoli & Isles that followed The Closer last night was very good. Also a cop show.
I watched it! Love The Closer, watched the season premiere last night which was good. I love her character.

Rizzoli and Isles was pretty good. I'll watch it next week for sure.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

BadHands71 wrote:I watched it! Love The Closer, watched the season premiere last night which was good. I love her character.
Kyra Sedgwick is fantastic... she looks great, is so goofy, and yet brilliant in her thinking. She has to be one of my favorite characters in the last 10 or 20 years on TV. The writing, acting, and entire cast couldn't be better on that show.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

The Piper Perabo show was very good. Looks like a quality show. A lot of familiar faces from all over... Henry from Ugly Betty, Biatch from House, the Leverage guy's wife, the blonde's husband that I can't recall the name of is a very good actor, and hotness herself Emmanuelle Vaugier. Emmanuelle would have been perfect in lead role. Biatch would also make a great CIA agent. But, oh well.

I don't know why the assassin was running from Piper. What could she do when she caught him... make out with him? And he would have killed her if not for.... well, spoiler, so I won't mention it.

But it's a quality show. They got a lot of good actors and put respectable effort into it.

I'll watch next week.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

Anyone watch the new Angie Harmon vehicle?
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

Childrens' Hospital :thumb: :thumb:
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

Sarcastic wrote:White Collar returns tonight
:thumb: :thumb: great show
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

FInally watched this weeks episode of true blood last night. Eric leaving Lafayette's car was hilarious to me for some reason.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

Psych season premier tonight! Woot!
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Watched the first episode of Avatar after hearing how badly the movie screwed up the greatness of the show. So far, not impressed. It's only three seasons, so I'll try and make it through. Has anybody watched this?
jamespensfan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jamespensfan »

Troy Loney wrote:
jamespensfan wrote:I admit to liking reality tv. I like Big Brother, Survivor, Amazing Race, Top Chef, and Wipeout.

Jersey shore too right?
I have watched it, but I like the reality games more. I don't watch the Real World, but I still watch the Challenges.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I didn't even know Avatar was a show. :pop:
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Idoit40fans wrote:I didn't even know Avatar was a show. :pop:
It was on Nickelodeon. Oh and I'm not referring to James Cameron's Avatar. The movie was that POS Last Airbender.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

nocera wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:I didn't even know Avatar was a show. :pop:
It was on Nickelodeon. Oh and I'm not referring to James Cameron's Avatar. The movie was that POS Last Airbender.
I didn't know there was one of those either. :pop:
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

Really like Memphis Beat.
jamespensfan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jamespensfan »

I still like Friday Night Lights too. In the fourth season on NBC, and it is still a great show.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

jamespensfan wrote:I still like Friday Night Lights too. In the fourth season on NBC, and it is still a great show.
Season 1 of FNL is up there with my favorite TV of all time. Season 4 has been good, but they sort of took the football out of the show.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I didn't realize that show was still on. I watched the first season or two.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Idoit40fans wrote:I didn't realize that show was still on. I watched the first season or two.
It has a really stupid schedule. It airs on Direct TV first, then months later, NBC will air it in the summer. I'll be surprised if it goes much longer.