TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by Froggy »

Daniel87 wrote:
Froggy wrote:Big Brother started tonight. Probably the only reality show I can tolerate. I like what they did this year in the casting. It's like a house full of swimwear models... :thumb:
I think I'm definitely in the minority, but I do enjoy Big Brother and Survivor. As long as there's one or two players who dominate the game strategically, I am all for it.

I'm not sure how I feel about the Saboteur twist. Seems like they just ripped off Anderson Cooper's The Mole. I did enjoy that show though.
my feelings on the saboteur... everyone in the house is usually so stupid that either A) they don't figure out who it is until way late in the season, or B) whoever the saboteur is is too stupid to pull it off for more than a couple of weeks.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Daniel87 wrote:
Froggy wrote:Big Brother started tonight. Probably the only reality show I can tolerate. I like what they did this year in the casting. It's like a house full of swimwear models... :thumb:
I think I'm definitely in the minority, but I do enjoy Big Brother and Survivor.
I watch those two as well. I didn't even know BB was starting until I clicked through the guide at 7:58. We were going to go to dinner, but saw it was on so we had to stay and watch it first. This year's cast seems pretty good.

I only got into it 2 seasons ago when they had Keisha and Dan The Man on. Loved it, but mostly because of the cast. Totally loved Keisha and her goofy laugh. The entire cast was great. Watching them talk crap late at night was pretty fun. And last year's cast also turned out really good.

Don't have as much confidence in this year's cast yet, so we'll see. I will only watch if the characters/people draw me in.
Last edited by Sarcastic on Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

If I had to name my best 5 shows on TV, I would include Eureka and Warehouse 13 on Sci-Fi. Warehouse 13 just had it's first episode of the season this week and Eureka returns tomorrow, along with some new show worth checking out named Haven.

The Closer returns on Monday, finally. I still have 3 episodes to watch from last season, but I have them downloaded. And following The Closer a new show named Rizzoli & Isles seems like it could be good.

White Collar returns on Tuesday and Psych on Wednesday.

I love it when my shows are on, but also HATE it because I would rather do something else.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Starting season 2 of True Blood. Decent so far.

I don't know if I'm all about this Jason and the Fellowship of the Sun angle they added though. But I still got plenty of episodes to watch. Maybe I'll change my mind.
BadHands71
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by BadHands71 »

Chefpatrick871 wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:
BadHands71 wrote:I'm intrigued by Covert Affairs on USA. I think it starts next week.
Not me. Only reason is the main actress. I really like her in other stuff - generally, I think she's cute and likable and great in comedy - but she is so frail and so weak physically (non-athletic) that she is just a bad choice for the lead role. She is going to fight bad guys. Karate? Yeah? Bad bad bad bad choice.
Can't be any more far fetched than that show Saving Grace (I think) on TNT, that woman was like 95 lbs soaking wet and she was constantly beating grown men up lulz.
This. I'm not saying it will be the top series of the summer, but I do want to watch it.

i LOVE Royal Pains though.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Muhahahaha, introduced 4 more people to Party Down last night.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

I was just lying around watching Wipeout. While it is no MXC, it is entertaining, and could be moreso if they'd get two hosts that are actually funny and show Jill every 5 seconds.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Watched Eureka and Haven this morning. Eureka was back to its awesome self and Haven was good too... I'm going to watch it. So that's 3 shows I watch on Sci-Fi now, along with Warehouse 13.

Anybody watches Doctor Who? It was on Sci-Fi the last couple seasons, but now they moved it to BBC America. Love the show. One of my favorites. I don't think I saw it ever mentioned here.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Finished episode 2 of season 2 of True Blood.

The Jason and the Fellowshipt of hte sun story line got a little better.

I don't like the whole Jessica story line though right now. Who knows, maybe that will get better.

Layfette's story line is pretty good and much different than the book too.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Watched Pawn Stars for the first time with the wife last night. Kind of an entertaining show. However....

Are some of these people REALLY this desperate? Like the people that come in asking for $1200 and eventually settle for $250. Some of the historical stuff on there is extremely cool, and I guarantee they could find some collector of memorabilia to pay an arm and a leg for this stuff. I am thinking they just need the cash as quickly as possible, but I wince seeing how badly they get fleeced at times.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

i watched season 7 of curb your enthusiasm in two sittings....it was awesome.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pittsoccer33 »

i was flipping thru the free shows on WMC and I came across a few episodes of Flashpoint. Is it worth watching?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I heard there was a Steeler reference in Entourage last night.
jamespensfan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jamespensfan »

I admit to liking reality tv. I like Big Brother, Survivor, Amazing Race, Top Chef, and Wipeout.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

jamespensfan wrote:I admit to liking reality tv. I like Big Brother, Survivor, Amazing Race, Top Chef, and Wipeout.

Jersey shore too right?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

dude i love jersey shore.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

newarenanow wrote:I heard there was a Steeler reference in Entourage last night.
one of the league reps that was meeting with ari was from the stillers and lizzie one of ari's agents said she was a WHO DEY fan and they were gonna have issues and there was playful banter between them
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:
newarenanow wrote:I heard there was a Steeler reference in Entourage last night.
one of the league reps that was meeting with ari was from the stillers and lizzie one of ari's agents said she was a WHO DEY fan and they were gonna have issues and there was playful banter between them
Yeah, that's what they were saying on the X this morning. I guess the Steeler rep was asking Lizzie how to beat the Bengals since they beat us twice last year.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

newarenanow wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:
Yeah, that's what they were saying on the X this morning. I guess the Steeler rep was asking Lizzie how to beat the Bengals since they beat us twice last year.
ya thats it. couldnt remember. i just remember a steeler name drop. we were watching something else last night with a stiller reference too. musta been tired last night, i cant remember anything :(
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Sadly, there was a Big Ben reference on Tosh.0 this week too. A dolphin was getting "overly friendly" with a female swimmer and Tosh called the dolphin the "Ben Roethlisberger of the ocean" or something close to that.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

blackjack68 wrote:Sadly, there was a Big Ben reference on Tosh.0 this week too. A dolphin was getting "overly friendly" with a female swimmer and Tosh called the dolphin the "Ben Roethlisberger of the ocean" or something close to that.
The best was seeing him in the crowd of sex addicts on South Park.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I had intended on making it through this season of Entourage to see the whole series, but apparently this is going to be even more of a struggle than last year was.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Idoit40fans wrote:I had intended on making it through this season of Entourage to see the whole series, but apparently this is going to be even more of a struggle than last year was.
Madden was saying that on the X the other day. Said the show "jumped the shark" and it is a shell of it's former self.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

So who is the saboteur on Big Brother? That blond cop lady sounds fishy. I thought that to be a cop you had to pass a regular test to see if you're in shape. But that woman just laid out in the caramel and wouldn't move for 20 minutes. There was also one more thing that contradicted her being a cop, but I can't find it in my head at the moment. I guess maybe she's a really bad cop.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Sarcastic wrote:So who is the saboteur on Big Brother? That blond cop lady sounds fishy. I thought that to be a cop you had to pass a regular test to see if you're in shape. But that woman just laid out in the caramel and wouldn't move for 20 minutes. There was also one more thing that contradicted her being a cop, but I can't find it in my head at the moment. I guess maybe she's a really bad cop.

I missed the first episode. What's going on with that whole thing?

Can someone give a quick summary.