The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: 93.7 The Fan Now On

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

Rocco Demaro is awesome.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

I'll give the Pirates this... assuming they have latitude over their own network's postgame show, they give Rocco a ton of latitude to tell it like it is.
Justin Catanzarite
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Justin Catanzarite »

PghSkins wrote:I'll give the Pirates this... assuming they have latitude over their own network's postgame show, they give Rocco a ton of latitude to tell it like it is.
To anyone that has listened to Rocco at all over the last 3-4 years, is it just me or has he finally become the pessimistic Pirates fan that we all have and should be? He's a bit of a smart ass any time they win... I like it. I was listening to him back in 2007ish and it seemed like no matter what, he brought some B.S. optimism.

The Pirates lost 11-1 today but Freddy Sanchez reached base twice, raising his OPS to .712 and he caught a pop-up, raising his F.P. to .914, the sabremetrics indicate that he is a SUPERSTAR and the Pirates will win the World Series next year!!!! Woooooooooo!

I also like him because he's a total nerd, like me, and talks about video games and movies.

Rocco is the man... now.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

Rocco has A+ sound effects

que pasa, pedro
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Good question. I notice that it looks like they are cutting the 6-day work week of some of the regulars. Makes sense.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Good question. I notice that it looks like they are cutting the 6-day work week of some of the regulars. Makes sense.
tonysoprano
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by tonysoprano »

There's a lot of vacations in the summer as well - may just be filling in.
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Mango Salsa »

I stopped listening when it became the Lebron James network. All Lebron! All the time!
tonysoprano
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by tonysoprano »

Isn't that pretty much every sports network for the past 3-4 days?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

tonysoprano wrote:Isn't that pretty much every sports network for the past 3-4 days?
Not to mention nothing happening outside of Pittsburgh basically aside from the Pirates.
doublem
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by doublem »

I don't listen to much sports talk but when I do it's the FAN.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

I had the luxury of listening to vinnie and cook yesterday driving to a mtg. Vinnie was arguing MLB is more popular than NFL because more fans go to MLB games in a season than NFL games and cook goes well... Yeah there are 10x more games a season of course they have higher total attendance. Then vinnie realized he was being a dummy so he said MLB obviously generates more ad revenue and was going on this huge rant and cook goes the the super bowl probably makes a huge portion, if not the whole total, of a total MLB season. I was baffled vinnie was trying to argue MLB is more popular
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:I had the luxury of listening to vinnie and cook yesterday driving to a mtg. Vinnie was arguing MLB is more popular than NFL because more fans go to MLB games in a season than NFL games and cook goes well... Yeah there are 10x more games a season of course they have higher total attendance. Then vinnie realized he was being a dummy so he said MLB obviously generates more ad revenue and was going on this huge rant and cook goes the the super bowl probably makes a huge portion, if not the whole total, of a total MLB season. I was baffled vinnie was trying to argue MLB is more popular
Worldwide Baseball is more popular
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

IronDukes37 wrote:"um, yeah, see, yeah, what they need see is a bat, a guy that can bat, see that can um, hit the ball, they are talking about this guy that can hit yeah, he plays um outfield and has a bat"
"You mean Left Fielder Tommy Henson of the Dodgers?"
"yeah, yeah, yeah, that guy, that Harrison, he's got a bat see and he can hit see, they need a guy like that, a batter"
"Well Henson is batting 251 with 11 home run's and 51 RBI's, Garret Jones is batting 251 with 10 home run's and 51 RBI's, almost identical numbers"
"oh....oh....yeah, yeah but Hanson has 1 more home run see then Jones, so what can it hurt to trade him, huck, huck ,huck, know what I mean huck hcuk huck"
"Next caller 333-93-70, 333-93-70"
:lol: that will be my new location
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

John Burton does pretty solid impersonations of the whole rest of the Fan lineup, but especially Vinnie and Cook and Starkey. They ought to let him do the Vinnie and Cook show as Vinnie and Cook for a week next time they are on vacation.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:I had the luxury of listening to vinnie and cook yesterday driving to a mtg. Vinnie was arguing MLB is more popular than NFL because more fans go to MLB games in a season than NFL games and cook goes well... Yeah there are 10x more games a season of course they have higher total attendance. Then vinnie realized he was being a dummy so he said MLB obviously generates more ad revenue and was going on this huge rant and cook goes the the super bowl probably makes a huge portion, if not the whole total, of a total MLB season. I was baffled vinnie was trying to argue MLB is more popular
I hate vinnie with a friggen passion. Learn to speak correctly or don't be a broadcaster.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

DudeMan2766 wrote:
I hate vinnie with a friggen passion. Learn to speak correctly or don't be a broadcaster.
Vinnie has an accent. Big deal. SXM gave Chris "Mad Dog" Russo, who has the same accent plus a speech impediment, his own flippin' channel.
BadHands71
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by BadHands71 »

tonysoprano wrote:Isn't that pretty much every sports network for the past 3-4 days?
You raise a good point.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

SolidSnake wrote:
Worldwide Baseball is more popular
yes
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Read in the comments of Bob's blog that some changes are coming to the Fan. Anyone else hear anything?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

josh miller is going to be an analyst during fball season
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

Point Breeze Penguins wrote:Read in the comments of Bob's blog that some changes are coming to the Fan. Anyone else hear anything?
That Vinnie dude said the Baseball Show was going away. About time, I had enough of him whining about how the Pirates suck.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Kovy27 wrote:
Point Breeze Penguins wrote:Read in the comments of Bob's blog that some changes are coming to the Fan. Anyone else hear anything?
That Vinnie dude said the Baseball Show was going away. About time, I had enough of him whining about how the Pirates suck.
I think he is the primary reason that I don't listen to the station at all.