Werewolf XV Post Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Werewolf XV Post Game Thread

Post by cup keeper »

Congratulations to the village of ZOMGMichalekandMartin for the victory in Werewolf XV!!!

Starting Roles:
Zarovich- Alpha Wolf
Troy Loney- Wolf Seer
slappybrown- wolf
npv708- wolf
senka- seer
relantel- angel
redwill- vigilante
beerman- JOAT

Actions by night:

Night 1:
Zarovich kills canaan
Troy Loney investigates shafnutz05
Senka investigates beerman
Relantel protects self
Beerman chooses to do nothing
Redwill has no bullet

Day 1:
Village lynches PensFaninDC

Night 2:
Zarovich kills senka
Troy Loney investigates mac5155
Senka investigates Troy Loney :pop:
Relantel protects self
Redwill holds bullet
Beerman chooses to do nothing.

Day 2:
Village lynches npv708

Night 3:
Zarovich kills MikeEnIke
Troy Loney investigates newarenanow
Relantel protects self
Redwill holds bullet
Beerman shoots shafnutz05

Day 3:
Village lynches no one

Night 4:
Zarovich kills newarenanow
Troy Loney investigates MWB
Relantel protects self
Redwill holds bullets
Beerman sends no PM

Day 4:
Village lynches Kraftster

Night 5:
Zarovich kills MWB
Troy Loney sends no PM
relantel protects self
Redwill shoots slappybrown
Beerman investigates mac5155

Day 5:
Village lynches Zarovich

Night 6:
Troy Loney kills beerman (fails) and investigates relantel
relantel protects self
Redwill holds bullets
Beerman protects self

Day 6:
Village lynches Troy Loney

A big thanks to all those that participated. I know this was a bit drawn out because of the holiday weekend but it turned out OK in the end. Thanks to kicksave for picking up the slack during the daytime.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Werewolf XV Post Game Thread

Post by newarenanow »

Good job mods. Good job Kicksave on the real time vote counts for the most part.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

So, back to the last minute vote that led to the tie and led to me sticking around for an extra day. There was really nothing to be gained if I fell on the sword there and you all found out I was blue. The village numbers at the time were, I think 3 or 4 out of the 10 remaining, with three reds left. Some of you gave me the impression that I should have just jumped on the sword there. I knew I was blue. Why wouldn't I keep myself around? I was wrong about Relantel, but right that slappy was red and that one of (turned out to be both) Zaro and Troy were red. I wouldn't have had a chance to say that if I had let myself die on Night 3. Thoughts? Just trying to learn the game.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

I can't believe I had slappy and zaro pegged on the npv vote but didn't follow up on it. :face:
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

I would've liked to see what senka was going to do if he hadn't been killed on Night 2.

He had just found Troy.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Kraftster wrote:So, back to the last minute vote that led to the tie and led to me sticking around for an extra day. There was really nothing to be gained if I fell on the sword there and you all found out I was blue. The village numbers at the time were, I think 3 or 4 out of the 10 remaining, with three reds left. Some of you gave me the impression that I should have just jumped on the sword there. I knew I was blue. Why wouldn't I keep myself around? I was wrong about Relantel, but right that slappy was red and that one of (turned out to be both) Zaro and Troy were red. I wouldn't have had a chance to say that if I had let myself die on Night 3. Thoughts? Just trying to learn the game.
It's a tough choice.

You are right in one aspect, but in another, no one else knows you are blue. And it just leads to further questions, and you got voted out the next day. That was a wasted day then if you view it from a "you shouldn't be here" type of view.

Again, it's tough. I don't think there is any right or wrong answer. You just got to react at that moment.

Again, I'm the one that screwed up there though. I panicked. I had my self convinced Troy was bad. I was fighting for it. But then because of the inactivity, I panicked and switched because I didn't want to waste a green player.

Although, personally, I think that vote drew out slappy. He may have been telling the truth about being pulled away and missing the last vote, but I think his indecisiveness throughout and not committing made me think that he wanted to wait until the last minute before damning Troy. And when I switched, that was his out.

If I didn't die that night, I would have gone after slappy.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Kraftster wrote:So, back to the last minute vote that led to the tie and led to me sticking around for an extra day. There was really nothing to be gained if I fell on the sword there and you all found out I was blue. The village numbers at the time were, I think 3 or 4 out of the 10 remaining, with three reds left. Some of you gave me the impression that I should have just jumped on the sword there. I knew I was blue. Why wouldn't I keep myself around? I was wrong about Relantel, but right that slappy was red and that one of (turned out to be both) Zaro and Troy were red. I wouldn't have had a chance to say that if I had let myself die on Night 3. Thoughts? Just trying to learn the game.
I agree that tying it up was the best play. relantel said that he disagreed, but IIRC in a previous game he went down refusing to vote for someone he thought might be a green RP. In your case, you were just trying to save a known villager (yourself). I definitely think you did the right thing.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

This was a very interesting game.

Some may think that it was just a quick filler game with a lot of boredom and down-time. I agree that the RPs could have been quicker and that the holiday weekend interrupted the flow, but there is nevertheless a lot to be learned here.

There was a lot of strategy and counter-strategy. A lot of thought and counter-thought. And counter-counter-thought. New "rules." Seeing through the new "rules." Seeing through people's take on the new "rules." Etc.

Cool.

(Or maybe I just think that because it's the FIRST game I've ever been on the winning side AND been alive at the end to see it. Woo.)
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

redwill wrote:
I agree that tying it up was the best play. relantel said that he disagreed, but IIRC in a previous game he went down refusing to vote for someone he thought might be a green RP. In your case, you were just trying to save a known villager (yourself). I definitely think you did the right thing.
redwill is right - the situations while similar weren't identical. I ignored my own late vote that round, and even NANs, and was looking at kraftster's late switch. I probably read too much into it given how new he was to the game, and as it turned out, I was on the wrong side of that vote. When I did it, I could have saved myself, but the no-lynch wasn't in play that game, it was going to be a random.org. On reflection, I don't think kraftster did anything wrong there - sometimes timing causes an effect on the read of something that it might not otherwise have.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

tough game....me being on vacation from work this week kind of screwed us. i missed the deadline on my wolf see the night before zaro got lynched. when it came down to when it was 4-2 with only 1 reg villager and three greens i think our only chance was to get relantel lynched. my plan was to try and convince the village that i was whatever green relantel was but i wasnt sure if he was the angel or the vig....if i had got to look at him and see he was the angel, i could have come out as the angel and tried to get relantel lynched. i think redwill and mac might have gone along with me...the problem was if i said i called out relantel as a liar, but claimed to be the role player redwill was we were screwed.

the npv vote screwed us...we tried to vote for him to clear ourselves for a round or two, but when that vote went way too smoothly i knew all the players who remained knew exactly what had happened.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

The only reason they suspected anything was because you made this post:
Troy Loney wrote:ok...so relantel is claiming to be green, i'll buy it for now.

beerman and mwb are kind of sticking out to me right now for their inactivity. and i'm also wondering if maybe nan is a wolf and sacrificed npv to clear himself....i dont know, that possibility seems strong with the seer gone....the wolf seer could have looked at senka first, saw he was the seer so that would kind of explain why they'd be willing to do that knowing they were going to kill the seer on night two....just a thought, because that was the most uncontested wolf lynch i've seen this early in the game
You don't make that post, and we win. It was repeatedly quoted and used to bring heat and votes on the both of us.

If you don't post that, we vote one or two more cycles on other people including those that did not vote for npv, and then we keep pointing back to the npv vote as the game progresses and escape unscathed. No reason to touch or comment on te npv vote beyond hurray we got a wolf. YOU BLEW IT TROY, YOU BLEW IT.
Last edited by slappybrown on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Troy Loney wrote:tough game....me being on vacation from work this week kind of screwed us. i missed the deadline on my wolf see the night before zaro got lynched. when it came down to when it was 4-2 with only 1 reg villager and three greens i think our only chance was to get relantel lynched. my plan was to try and convince the village that i was whatever green relantel was but i wasnt sure if he was the angel or the vig....if i had got to look at him and see he was the angel, i could have come out as the angel and tried to get relantel lynched. i think redwill and mac might have gone along with me...the problem was if i said i called out relantel as a liar, but claimed to be the role player redwill was we were screwed.

the npv vote screwed us...we tried to vote for him to clear ourselves for a round or two, but when that vote went way too smoothly i knew all the players who remained knew exactly what had happened.
You being gone actually saved you. Like I said earlier, I was convinced you were a wolf.

Then, at the last minute, with so many green players left, I panicked and switched my vote at the last minute.

If you were around to talk, and even said you were blue, I would have stuck with my vote.

I blew it. :scared:
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

So glad I was finally a baddie, then got sacrificed before I even participated...
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

npv708 wrote:So glad I was finally a baddie, then got sacrificed before I even participated...
Was that the first time you were a baddie?
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

newarenanow wrote:
npv708 wrote:So glad I was finally a baddie, then got sacrificed before I even participated...
Was that the first time you were a baddie?
3rd.

The first time I was a baddie I won, the other time I was lynched on the 2nd day, which is what happened this time.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

I wouldve came out of the woodwork to kill troy in hopes of protection from the angel. i knew who the JOAT was. I sent a list of 5 players in case i missed phases while at work (Troy, 3 villagers, and the Vig). I figured Quick Warz wouldve complied, but it did not. i Was unable to get my information out because I was already dead :( but as for my seers, I wouldve gone 0-4 my next 4, so my help wouldnt have been great.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

It seems like the last 5 or 6 games, the seer has been killed by the baddies in like the first day or two.

Maybe I"m wrong, but that is just what it seems like.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

newarenanow wrote:It seems like the last 5 or 6 games, the seer has been killed by the baddies in like the first day or two.

there was the one WW where Azkar was the seer and survived, but otherwise, yeah. Problem is, you can't do much about it. The bad guys have been real good/lucky at picking out the seer early.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Troy Loney wrote:when it came down to when it was 4-2 with only 1 reg villager and three greens i think our only chance was to get relantel lynched. my plan was to try and convince the village that i was whatever green relantel was but i wasnt sure if he was the angel or the vig....if i had got to look at him and see he was the angel, i could have come out as the angel and tried to get relantel lynched. i think redwill and mac might have gone along with me...
Not a chance of me going along with a relantel lynch. I was almost positive he wasn't lying.

However, if the beerman-mac thing had come out during the (real) day, I would have probably gone along with a quick beerman lynch. I thought he was lying about being the JOAT. Luckily I had time to think about it over the night and next morning.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

newarenanow wrote:It seems like the last 5 or 6 games, the seer has been killed by the baddies in like the first day or two.

Yeah, I was the seer during Lost Warz and got killed the first night.