TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by newarenanow »

I think it's actually funny. Good for that dude.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

newarenanow wrote:I think it's actually funny. Good for that dude.
Does Malka follow him around? :pop:
BadHands71
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by BadHands71 »

Malkamaniac wrote:
But honestly, I wish someone would go and pop dad in the face.
Can we add in the dude that creeps around Pittsburgh acting as Gene as well?
:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

I forgot about that.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

For the record, those images were from someone's random Flickr. I do not follow that piece of trash around.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Season Finale of Half Pint Brawlers tonight on Spike. 10-midget Battle Royale!
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

The contestants on the Price is Right are far more coordial to each other than I'd ever be. Yesterday some guy went $1 up on the persons before him bids 3 straight times and the guy just laughed and laughed. Today, some idiot bid $24000 on a kayak in contestants row, the lady before her corrected her, she changed to 2400 and won. If she hadnt have changed, the lady who corrected her would have won. I'll root for you if I'm in the audience, but if I make it to contestants row then I will be out for blood.
BadHands71
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by BadHands71 »

Malkamaniac wrote:For the record, those images were from someone's random Flickr. I do not follow that piece of trash around.
Good to know. I was a little worried. :wink:
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

Malkamaniac wrote:
But honestly, I wish someone would go and pop dad in the face.
Can we add in the dude that creeps around Pittsburgh acting as Gene as well?
i had a friend who said she danced with gene simmons at the wheelhouse. it was probably this joker
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

DudeMan2766 wrote:The contestants on the Price is Right are far more coordial to each other than I'd ever be. Yesterday some guy went $1 up on the persons before him bids 3 straight times and the guy just laughed and laughed. Today, some idiot bid $24000 on a kayak in contestants row, the lady before her corrected her, she changed to 2400 and won. If she hadnt have changed, the lady who corrected her would have won. I'll root for you if I'm in the audience, but if I make it to contestants row then I will be out for blood.
i get mad at The Price is Right all the time. Like when someone who isn't the last bidder bids $1, I literally scream at the TV
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

bidding at 1$ over the other person should be punishable by beating. At least that's what Malkamaniac thinks anyways.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

I'm glad someone else does. Ever since college, my first time living with other people, everyone laughs at how upset I get at that show. It takes about 2 seconds until someone does something that infuriates me and I viciously root against them the entire show. I've been at the gym before with it on and have yelled out "dumbass" at the tv with other people around me :face:
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

roid rage
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Froggy wrote:
i get mad at The Price is Right all the time. Like when someone who isn't the last bidder bids $1, I literally scream at the TV
That drives me up a wall.

I remember one time, the contestants bid something like :

$5,000, $6,000, $5,500 for something that it was obviously over priced. The last person bid $4,500.

I about flipped. I can see if they thought it was more expensive and bid higher than some people, but if you are going to bid less than the other 3 before you, why not go $1.

Anyway, they overbid. So the second round, of bidding, the bid like:

$3,000, $4,000 and $3,500. So the last person, the same idiot who big $4,500 last, bid like $2,800. Theyall over bid again.

If that idiot would have just bid $1, they would have won.

It made me happy they were still down on contestants row the entire game for being an idiot.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

newarenanow wrote:Has anyone watched "Gene Simmons Family Jewels". I just watched an episode or two at the gym.

I wish I could punch him in the face.
I watched half of last season. Gene is so conceited and into himself, it's sickening. Shannon is one materialistic b. I'm convinced she is only with him for the money. You can just see the greed in her eyes whenever he buys her something.

I noticed some racial overtones from Gene, too. One time a car broke and they needed to call a mechanic, so Gene told his son that's what a white guy (non-Jew) is for. It sounded like he meant that menial labor is reserved for non-Jews. There was another one or two, but I forget now.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

BadHands71 wrote:I'm intrigued by Covert Affairs on USA. I think it starts next week.
Not me. Only reason is the main actress. I really like her in other stuff - generally, I think she's cute and likable and great in comedy - but she is so frail and so weak physically (non-athletic) that she is just a bad choice for the lead role. She is going to fight bad guys. Karate? Yeah? Bad bad bad bad choice.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Kraftster wrote:Well, HBO succeeded with their Sunday night show alignment. Just finished first season of Hung so I can watch in between TB and Entourage. And I've gotta say, I think I'm looking more forward to Hung than I am Entourage now.
I don't even have HBO, but I decided to procure the first season and watch it just for the hell of it. I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Sarcastic wrote:
BadHands71 wrote:I'm intrigued by Covert Affairs on USA. I think it starts next week.
Not me. Only reason is the main actress. I really like her in other stuff - generally, I think she's cute and likable and great in comedy - but she is so frail and so weak physically (non-athletic) that she is just a bad choice for the lead role. She is going to fight bad guys. Karate? Yeah? Bad bad bad bad choice.
Is that the girl from Coyote Ugly?
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

newarenanow wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:
Is that the girl from Coyote Ugly?
Yes it is.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

Anyone watch Memphis Beat? So far I've watched 2 episodes, not bad, I always enjoy Jason Lee.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

Sarcastic wrote:
Can't be any more far fetched than that show Saving Grace (I think) on TNT, that woman was like 95 lbs soaking wet and she was constantly beating grown men up lulz.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Big Brother started tonight. Probably the only reality show I can tolerate. I like what they did this year in the casting. It's like a house full of swimwear models... :thumb:
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Apparently there is some new show called The Decision that is coming on on ESPN right now. :pop:
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

Chefpatrick871 wrote:Anyone watch Memphis Beat? So far I've watched 2 episodes, not bad, I always enjoy Jason Lee.
I have quietly enjoyed it. It is getting better each episode. I like shows where the city is a character (like Law and Order).
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Daniel87 »

Froggy wrote:Big Brother started tonight. Probably the only reality show I can tolerate. I like what they did this year in the casting. It's like a house full of swimwear models... :thumb:
I think I'm definitely in the minority, but I do enjoy Big Brother and Survivor. As long as there's one or two players who dominate the game strategically, I am all for it.

I'm not sure how I feel about the Saboteur twist. Seems like they just ripped off Anderson Cooper's The Mole. I did enjoy that show though.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Chefpatrick871 wrote:Anyone watch Memphis Beat? So far I've watched 2 episodes, not bad, I always enjoy Jason Lee.

I enjoy Jason Lee as well and have caught maybe a total of 30 minutes of the show. Is it like a lesser "Chuck?" You know, action, drama, but moreso comedy? I just look at him without a mustache and want to cry cuz I miss Earl so much.