TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: TV Shows

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:bachelorette
Can you believe what the guy from Toronto did :shock: , lol
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Watched the first five seasons of Entourage this weekend :thumb:
doublem
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by doublem »

Is the office going to go on after the reports of Steve Carell leaving?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

doublem wrote:Is the office going to go on after the reports of Steve Carell leaving?
Is he definitely leaving?
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Physical_Graffiti wrote:
I listen to this show while my wife watches it. Gosh..............you decide to go on an effing reality show to find your one "true" love, and you are shocked that people are on the show for the wrong reasons? Give me a break.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

shafnutz05 wrote:
Physical_Graffiti wrote:
I listen to this show while my wife watches it. Gosh..............you decide to go on an effing reality show to find your one "true" love, and you are shocked that people are on the show for the wrong reasons? Give me a break.
I laid there and watched it with my wife last night. This crap is so staged.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

newarenanow wrote:
doublem wrote:Is the office going to go on after the reports of Steve Carell leaving?
Actor Steve Carell has confirmed he will leave the US version of The Office at the end of its 2010-2011 season.
still watch the show, but it hasn't been great, it did get a little better towards the end last year. Wonder if they would bring someone new in? Jon Lovits would be awesome!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainmen ... 446279.stm
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

newarenanow wrote: I laid there and watched it with my wife last night. This crap is so staged.

They showed a clip on The Soup where one guy couldn't go on a trip or something becaues he was on crutches with a broken foot. Well, his love was so strong he crutched himself up a hill to where they are so he could be with her. One clip his in the background heading up the road with his right foot bent and in the boot. The next time they cut back to him he had his left foot in the boot. But I disagree with you, it is not staged. :?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

DudeMan2766 wrote:
newarenanow wrote: I laid there and watched it with my wife last night. This crap is so staged.

They showed a clip on The Soup where one guy couldn't go on a trip or something becaues he was on crutches with a broken foot. Well, his love was so strong he crutched himself up a hill to where they are so he could be with her. One clip his in the background heading up the road with his right foot bent and in the boot. The next time they cut back to him he had his left foot in the boot. But I disagree with you, it is not staged. :?
That guy on the crutches was the one that pulled the stunt of just getting on the show to be famous and he had a girlfriend at home.
doublem
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by doublem »

newarenanow wrote:
I think so, I have to find a link.

http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/blog/2010/0 ... ll_le.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

doublem wrote:
I think so, I have to find a link.

http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/blog/2010/0 ... ll_le.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That sucks, but at the same time, after 7 seasons, the show will probably be on the downslide. It's difficult to keep shows going for longer than that IMO. Sure, there may be some gems of an episode, but overall, the story itself gets stale.

Like the article said, I hope it doesn't go the way of Scrubs, or even another one of my favorites, the Drew Carey show, where a main character or two leave, they try to squeeze some life out of it, and it ends just on a sour note. I like it when shows can give a proper goodbye.

I can only see them surviving one, maybe at the very most two seasons w/o him.

I can't believe this year is going to be the 7th season. Wow time flies.
Michael Scott
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Michael Scott »

eddysnake wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
Actor Steve Carell has confirmed he will leave the US version of The Office at the end of its 2010-2011 season.
still watch the show, but it hasn't been great, it did get a little better towards the end last year. Wonder if they would bring someone new in? Jon Lovits would be awesome!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainmen ... 446279.stm
more Todd Packer appearances please.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

newarenanow wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:

That guy on the crutches was the one that pulled the stunt of just getting on the show to be famous and he had a girlfriend at home.
gazing into LITT's crystal ball: he is the bachelor for next season

the girl is babe.com
ShipHockey7
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ShipHockey7 »

DudeMan2766 wrote:

i watch this with the girlfriend sometimes and whatever, i figure she watches hockey so i'll watch some shows with her.

but this was addressed by ABC, I guess they flip the shots some times to make it look better, and thats why the different foot was in the boot. Definitely was dumb of them to flip a shot where the guy has a cast on but regardless, thats why
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Rescue Me returns tonight at 10pm on FX.

LOVE this show!
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Just finished season 1 of True Blood. Moving onto Season 2 as soon as it comes in the mail.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Started watching Louie last night on fx after the resuce me premiere. meh. its no lucky louie, but entertaining.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Party Down is officially done.
http://www.deadline.com/2010/06/party-o ... n-gravity/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's probably for the best, since Adam Scott was set to move on anyway. Still, why don't people watch good shows?
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

nocera wrote:Party Down is officially done.
http://www.deadline.com/2010/06/party-o ... n-gravity/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's probably for the best, since Adam Scott was set to move on anyway. Still, why don't people watch good shows?

I heard it was a good show, but i don't have starz. I'm sure a lot of people are in the same boat.

although, I also consider arrested development the best comedy maybe ever on network TV, and no one watched that either, so i don't know
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

shafnutz05 wrote:
Physical_Graffiti wrote:
Same here.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

I am addicted to Pawn Stars.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

persons unknown on nbc is absolute junk television.

...and i feel im pot committed to finishing it out--much like harper's island
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Just got the first disc of Season 2 of True Blood in the mail. Can't wait to start it.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Well I watched all of Party Down the past 5 days. I'm glad I knew it was done before I started watching it, because I would be a lot more pissed right now than I am about it being over. That show was incredible.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Idoit40fans wrote:Well I watched all of Party Down the past 5 days. I'm glad I knew it was done before I started watching it, because I would be a lot more pissed right now than I am about it being over. That show was incredible.
Lizzy Caplan wants a Party Down movie.
Though her now-ex-boss Rob Thomas hasn't had much luck with his quest to adapt "Veronica Mars" for the big screen, Caplan said she's pushing for a "Party Down" movie.

"We want it so bad. We could do it for no money, no time. We would do it for free. I just don't know if we're legally allowed to do it."
http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan- ... ncellation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is very unlikely, but would still be amazing.