Prison Warz - Post game

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Prison Warz - Post game

Post by Senka »

Zarovich wrote:Had mac been shanked instead of sdm, sdm would have killed me during the next phase. It would not have gotten down to a vote.
Had mac been shanked, it was game over. No night phase needed.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Great game guys. Good job mods. I enjoyed this one.

- I liked the roles. It gave some flavor, but wasn't overbearing on the game. It was tough with the Prankster though and not knowing one was involved. I knew EEIB was up to something, he was working hard to get voted out, but then npv is what screwed things up for me. He started to act the same way, so I didn't know if a red or two were acting like that knowing that the village wouldn't vote them out because it was "too obvious". npv is getting my vote first going forward. He created a lot of unnecessary confusion for a villager. EEIB, you played the role good!

- I knew either one of LTT or slappy was lying. Slappy was just set up too nicely, and him outing himself to gain trust led some people away. LTT was next on my list of people to kill if I was still alive, and then slappy was after that. Usually people won't vote off people who say they are a RP, so I was going to do the job myself.

- Kicksave played a great game. He actually influenced my choice to shoot MWB. I felt it a little, but having him and I think it was thg or redwill so strongly looking at him made the choice easy.

- I thought thg was purple. Glad he ended up green. Great game too.

I have another question or two, but I need to look back. Great game overall guys.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Was an interesting game to read. And any game that comes down to the last couple days is a sign of good balance, IMO. Props Senzakar. :thumb:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

The only thing I would add is that I have read no fewer than 2 modding FAQs that say in bold letters "DON'T USE JESTERS". :pop:
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

LITT, what did you do the night you died? I tried to swap you and Cupkeeper thinking that the gang was going to kill you. In the end it got pretty messy.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

the wicked child wrote:The only thing I would add is that I have read no fewer than 2 modding FAQs that say in bold letters "DON'T USE JESTERS". :pop:
yeah it sounds good in theory but is annoying as all get out.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

thehockeyguru wrote:LITT, what did you do the night you died? I tried to swap you and Cupkeeper thinking that the gang was going to kill you. In the end it got pretty messy.
LITT was set to kill Jwie and himself. Mafia killed Cup keeper. so both were to die. swapping them did nothing.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

Noting Purple-roles were still green in nature. the only reason they were purple was because they really could hurt the side they wanted to help. All purple roles were like green roles. and although it was 5Red v. like 8green, the greens roles were less direct. I guess a purple was considered a BLUE with superpowers.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

Suicidal role was funny to me. It sucked for whoever it was though... Fortunatly, twc was a good sport :pop:

Well i'm going back to bed. I had 5am work stint at Kennywood, since they are unprepared to open their new ride and hired us to help out in crunchtime... and im so tired. Ill be back later. Hope everyone questions were answered.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Senka wrote:Noting Purple-roles were still green in nature. the only reason they were purple was because they really could hurt the side they wanted to help. All purple roles were like green roles. and although it was 5Red v. like 8green, the greens roles were less direct. I guess a purple was considered a BLUE with superpowers.
Yeah, the prankster I think hurt. Because it could have potentially allowed a red player to slip in and act like the prankster and people would have ignored possibly.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

And finally (noticed in the pm's...) I think we ax'd the role block due to the swap artist.. and too many greens.

MAILTIME! Spoiler.....
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

Day	 Recipient	Package	         Action
3	   beerman	  cake/file	       (learn color of player)
3	   jwienand	 sleeping pills	  (cannot speak all phase. can't vote or defend self.)
3	   relantel	 Short-breath pills (can post no more than 3 words at any time...)
5	   Mac	      Cigs	            (Un-Shankable next vote)
5	   NPV	      Skills-Pills	    (These = mad rap skills. You must post in rhyming 2 line couplets. no more/less than 2 lines.)
5	   redwill     Emoticon Powder	 (can post nothing but emoticons or pictures. You may shank in words.)
5	   sdm	      Short-breath pills (can post no more than 3 words at any time...)
6	   relantel	 Cigs	            (Un-Shankable next vote)
Mail that didnt get passed out:
-"Fortune cookie" (most powerful, least odds. One yes/no question to the mods)
-"Postcard" (simply a nothing pm. No value but a loving hello from loved ones. Didnt feel like doing it/have time to)
-"Wrong Mail" (recipient decided whos name was actually on the package. if that person had got mail that night it was stolen. if they hadn't, they they stole a postcard)
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Even with there being more greens than reds, the balance was good because of the roles created. Mods did a great job of that. If there's going to be a prankster role it should be laid out ahead of time, as others have said. I think that would add a cool dimension to the game and certainly make it more difficult for that role. Could even make it so that he has to be voted out by a certain day to win... if not, he goes to a regular player.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

MWB wrote:Could even make it so that he has to be voted out by a certain day to win... if not, he goes to a regular player.

I really like that idea.
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Azkar »

MWB wrote:Even with there being more greens than reds, the balance was good because of the roles created. Mods did a great job of that. If there's going to be a prankster role it should be laid out ahead of time, as others have said. I think that would add a cool dimension to the game and certainly make it more difficult for that role. Could even make it so that he has to be voted out by a certain day to win... if not, he goes to a regular player.
That's a good idea... I don't think this role has ever been used here before so I thought it was kind of interesting to see how it would play out
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I think EEIB played it perfect at first, with the "informant" info and then pulling that back. I truly thought he was just being a jerk about it, f'ing around with the village.

Then I can't remember specifically, but he pushed something again, seeming like he wanted voted out, and that is where something clicked for me that he was pushing the issue too hard. I knew then something was up, but it was hard to take the chance not to vote him out not knowing this role was in there for sure.

I think if the village knows for sure it's in there, it makes it a more difficult "win" for the prankster.
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Azkar »

newarenanow wrote:I think EEIB played it perfect at first, with the "informant" info and then pulling that back. I truly thought he was just being a jerk about it, f'ing around with the village.

Then I can't remember specifically, but he pushed something again, seeming like he wanted voted out, and that is where something clicked for me that he was pushing the issue too hard. I knew then something was up, but it was hard to take the chance not to vote him out not knowing this role was in there for sure.

I think if the village knows for sure it's in there, it makes it a more difficult "win" for the prankster.
That also makes it easier for the reds to win
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

thehockeyguru wrote:LITT, what did you do the night you died? I tried to swap you and Cupkeeper thinking that the gang was going to kill you. In the end it got pretty messy.
I did nothing. I literally had no control over my role
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Azkar »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:
Yeah, I think we need to rework that role if its ever used again... we were aiming on something like the vengeful lover thing, but wanted you to have little control over 'nightmares'... maybe they could turn into some sort of ISK
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Great game guys, very fun. Thanks for the work you put into this one!
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Azkar wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:
Yeah, I think we need to rework that role if its ever used again... we were aiming on something like the vengeful lover thing, but wanted you to have little control over 'nightmares'... maybe they could turn into some sort of ISK

understand. i thought this too. what i was thinking was maybe have me send a PM every night and start off with 30 'no's' and 1 'yes' in random.org and have it pick one and then reduce the no's every night so i still have little chance of working but am able to control it
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Senka wrote:Congrats on drawing a role in Prison Warz. Your role is that of the Dream Killer. Each night you have a dream about someone you want to die. You PM us that name. You have a fellow Dream Killer somewhere else in jail, but you do not know who they are. If ever your two names match, that person will die in their sleep. Good luck.
This was my PM.

I was under the impression that my counterpart was bad.

I realized after I died that I should've told the village there was another one out there, but I thought about it too late.

When LITT came out as the other dream killer, I thought he was lying about being green, so I thought it was even worse that I hadn't mentioned my counterpart.

Good freakin job village!

Good game Senkazkar!
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

why did you assume the other dream killer was bad?
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:why did you assume the other dream killer was bad?
Cuz I was sleepy.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

dagny wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:why did you assume the other dream killer was bad?
Cuz I was sleepy.
"sleepy"
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Azkar »

I read that as creepy the first time I read it :pop: