NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Prison Warz. GAME THREAD.

Post by Kicksave »

BadHands71 wrote:
canaan wrote:
BadHands71 wrote:
8-)
if you're blue/green, ill be a.) surprised, or b.) glad that the confusion you're making is gone.
Confusion is the name of the game.
Only if you're red.
BadHands71
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by BadHands71 »

The way I look at it, if I cause enough confusion that the rest of the prison can't decide what to do with me, then I have a good shot at staying. It's a chance you'll have to take.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Incorrect. Only if you're bad.

Shank BadHands
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

BadHands71 wrote:The way I look at it, if I cause enough confusion that the rest of the prison can't decide what to do with me, then I have a good shot at staying. It's a chance you'll have to take.
that is some terrible logic.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

BadHands71 wrote:The way I look at it, if I cause enough confusion that the rest of the prison can't decide what to do with me, then I have a good shot at staying. It's a chance you'll have to take.
Um what? Causing confusion is my staple in this game. It does nothing for the village, and if you're doing it purely to stay alive that's selfish to the village.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

confusion couldn't be worse for the village/prison/whatever you want to call it as a whole. It's only good if your bad or not playing for the good of the village. My vote stays where it was.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

shank BH
BadHands71
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by BadHands71 »

I started out by making a move that threw a wrench into the gears. Since that's the only thing anyone is seeing, I might as well do my best to achieve the goal of staying alive. If I'm alive I can either A) continue to cause trouble if i'm a baddie or B) atone for my mistakes if i'm good/neutral.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

I can't get my fingers around the krafster/slappy thing right now. krafster had a role and he went pretty all out on getting slappy, krafster gets killed. with 27 people in the game or whatever there are probably multiple factions. i think krafster knew something about slappy and wanted us to kill him, personally, i'd like to know why.

BH, we can always go back to her....
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

BadHands71 wrote:I started out by making a move that threw a wrench into the gears. Since that's the only thing anyone is seeing, I might as well do my best to achieve the goal of staying alive. If I'm alive I can either A) continue to cause trouble if i'm a baddie or B) atone for my mistakes if i'm good/neutral.
lol no. Asking to stay alive by causing more confusion is down right insanity. Asking to live and atone yourself ranks right up there with, "just keep me alive one more night."
BadHands71
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by BadHands71 »

Malkamaniac wrote:
BadHands71 wrote:I started out by making a move that threw a wrench into the gears. Since that's the only thing anyone is seeing, I might as well do my best to achieve the goal of staying alive. If I'm alive I can either A) continue to cause trouble if i'm a baddie or B) atone for my mistakes if i'm good/neutral.
lol no. Asking to stay alive by causing more confusion is down right insanity. Asking to live and atone yourself ranks right up there with, "just keep me alive one more night."
Said it before, I'll say it again. NEW NHR WARS PLAYER!

I've been more active in 1 day of this game than the other 2 combined. Cut me some slack.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I've been more active in 1 day of this game than the other 2 combined. Cut me some slack.
Well at least you've learned to not use the word "confusion" right? lol
BadHands71
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by BadHands71 »

Malkamaniac wrote:

Well at least you've learned to not use the word "confusion" right? lol
We aren't all rocket scientists Malk. Some of us are a little slower to learn the ways of NHR Wars.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

We aren't all rocket scientists Malk. Some of us are a little slower to learn the ways of NHR Wars.
I don't think I've said anything to you regarding the smarts of the game. The only thing I'm alluding to is that saying confusion or wanting to add any kind of confusion is really bad for the village. That's all.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

Code: Select all

Badhands        - 8  (Kicksave. cupkeeper, THG, canaan, sdm, beerman, malka, LITT)
Kicksave        - 5  (MWB, mac, badhands, NAN, jwie)
MWB             - 2  (Redwill, shaf)
Beerman         - 1  (Zarovich)
NPV             - 1  (slappybrown)
Slappybrown     - 1  (Troy)
relantel        - 1  (Errey)
my internet is all messed up right now :[
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

BadHands71 wrote:
canaan wrote:if you're blue/green, ill be a.) surprised, or b.) glad that the confusion you're making is gone.
That's the rub. Leave enough doubt so the baddies don't target you if you are a green RP, but the confusion almost always hurts the village in this game. There are enough blue/green players that cause confusion in the normal flow that a confusion-causer isn't automatically labeled a baddie, but look at some epic games of confusion in the past, the bhaw seer game for example, where the confusion created played into the baddies hands, and allowed them to win.

The only real answer to a confusion question sometimes is a player's game death, in that confusion becomes certainty.

I'm thinking KS is still the better play right now - though TL makes a good case for Slappy, this vote's between KS and BH. I'm willing to buy the noob a day for now - she hasn't played since her and ChefPatrick came into the wars games. That's worth a little slack in my book.

Shank Kicksave
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

BadHands71 wrote:
bh, look at the situation from my point of view. you said that you are trying to cause confusion to last longer in the game. how am i supposed to react? what would you think if another player said the same thing to you? This game is about trying to figure out who is good and who is bad. when an allegedly good player's goal is to "survive a little longer" at the expense of the other village members' attempts to "solve the puzzle," it comes off as selfish and counterproductive to the cause. While you may look at it as some self-preservation, its done nothing but get people off of voting for someone else (who some people are really adamant about voting off). the goal of the game is to win--even if it comes at the sake of you getting killed early in the game.

werewolf games are not a 1 player game (unless you are an ISK).
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

Troy Loney wrote:I can't get my fingers around the krafster/slappy thing right now. krafster had a role and he went pretty all out on getting slappy, krafster gets killed. with 27 people in the game or whatever there are probably multiple factions. i think krafster knew something about slappy and wanted us to kill him, personally, i'd like to know why.

BH, we can always go back to her....
According to the link earlier his role seemed to be independent, so I take it he was working for himself.
not that that clears up any of the slappy mess, but if he is independent he wants everyone dead.
the errey i breathe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by the errey i breathe »

Kicksave and BH are both okay. I'm not green, nor am i red but i am special.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

relantel wrote:
BadHands71 wrote:
canaan wrote:if you're blue/green, ill be a.) surprised, or b.) glad that the confusion you're making is gone.
That's the rub. Leave enough doubt so the baddies don't target you if you are a green RP, but the confusion almost always hurts the village in this game. There are enough blue/green players that cause confusion in the normal flow that a confusion-causer isn't automatically labeled a baddie, but look at some epic games of confusion in the past, the bhaw seer game for example, where the confusion created played into the baddies hands, and allowed them to win.
last game, i survived because i was adamant about voting off one person who i thought wasn't a bad guy. troyloney saw that i was voting for a non-baddy and i honestly believe being wrong was and sticking to that gun was a good way of lasting a while. there are other ways to live longer in the game--not just adding blatant confusion, coming out and saying that you are trying to confuse people, and get indignant when someone calls you out on it. it never turns out well.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

the errey i breathe wrote:Kicksave and BH are both okay. I'm not green, nor am i red but i am special.
what do you mean by okay?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

the errey i breathe wrote:Kicksave and BH are both okay. I'm not green, nor am i red but i am special.
:pop:
the errey i breathe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by the errey i breathe »

canaan wrote:
what do you mean by okay?
well i mean they're in prison so they aren't good people but they're harmless to the general population 8-)
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

do you have any other insights
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:
:pop:
If you're a "good" seer or have some kind of ability, why would you out yourself like this?