TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: TV Shows

Post by Loaf31 »

I am really getting into American Pickers on History Channel.... I could see myself doing that
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Loaf31 wrote:I am really getting into American Pickers on History Channel.... I could see myself doing that
I've only watched a tiny bit... hasn't really caught on. I like Pawn Stars and Top Shot a lot though.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

Idoit40fans wrote:I don't like burn notice. It is over the top, but doesn't poke enough fun at itself to make me believe that it is intentionally over the top, so I find it stupid.
See now I think Fiona being a size 1 at the most, always having giant artillery and explosives is somewhat poking fun at TV/Movie magic. Plus, Sam is a great sidekick, and his mom is pretty amusing as well.

Just my opinion.

Im kind of excited for that new show with Jason Lee starting on TNT tomorrow, that looks good.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Anyone watching Whale Wars this year? They've got a Batmobile-looking boat.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

the wicked child wrote:
Loaf31 wrote:I am really getting into American Pickers on History Channel.... I could see myself doing that
I've only watched a tiny bit... hasn't really caught on. I like Pawn Stars and Top Shot a lot though.
That one American Picker guy just annoys me. He's got a Danny Tanner vibe going on. I love Pawn Stars, and I can't figure out for the life of me how it is such a good show but it is.
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

DudeMan2766 wrote:
the wicked child wrote:
That one American Picker guy just annoys me. He's got a Danny Tanner vibe going on. I love Pawn Stars, and I can't figure out for the life of me how it is such a good show but it is.
I am hooked on Top Shot also. I've been watching a ton of History Channel
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

DudeMan2766 wrote:I love Pawn Stars, and I can't figure out for the life of me how it is such a good show but it is.
I think it has a bit of the early American Choppers Vibe to it, only Ric and the Old Man aren't as viscious as The Teutels were. I maintain that at some point it will just not work anymore and might not even be tangible as to why... but for now I really enjoy it.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

I remembered to record Dual Survival last week... I enjoyed it. :thumb:
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

the wicked child wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:I love Pawn Stars, and I can't figure out for the life of me how it is such a good show but it is.
I think it has a bit of the early American Choppers Vibe to it, only Ric and the Old Man aren't as viscious as The Teutels were. I maintain that at some point it will just not work anymore and might not even be tangible as to why... but for now I really enjoy it.

You're right. I was watching the new episode today and it hit me that it felt like the 10,000th time I've heard Rick say "now that I know its for real, I want it even more." Big Hoss sounds like every thing is says he's reading right off of cue cards. The negotiating is nothing more than "I want this much. No, I'll give you this. Okay. Thanks for stoppin in" At some point thats gotta run outta steam but for now I'll just enjoy it.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Watched half of Episode 10 on the first season of True Blood. It's getting pretty good.

The main story is following the book pretty decently. Obviously they had to add some side stories so the other characters could get some screen time. But pretty good overall.
BadHands71
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by BadHands71 »

wallflower wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:I don't like burn notice. It is over the top, but doesn't poke enough fun at itself to make me believe that it is intentionally over the top, so I find it stupid.
I've watched it a few times and I can never decide if it's being intentionally cheesy.
I hated it at first, but it's grown on me. Now I just laugh at the over the top-ness of it. And I like Jesse, this season's new character. Both he and Weston are easy on the eyes. :wink:
BadHands71
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by BadHands71 »

Anyone else watching Replay by Gatorade on FSN? (Sunday nights, 9pm)

First episode was on Sunday, so far :thumb:
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

Duel survivor is ridiculous!

The hippie who hasn't worn shoes in 20 years is completely stupid.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

I've been watching the When We Left Earth series on Netflix Instant. It's absolutely incredible. Not just because the stories themselves are amazing, but the footage that they found and restored to HD quality is breathtaking at times. Seriously, watch this.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Just got the last disc for season 1 of True Blood. Can't wait to see how it ends. Got season 2 coming next. Hopefully will finish that up in the next two weeks and then catch up on Season 3.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

bachelorette
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I'm completely caught up on Its always sunny after last night.
RJW76
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by RJW76 »

Idoit40fans wrote:I'm completely caught up on Its always sunny after last night.
Next season starts 9/16; can't wait :thumb:

Add: I think I prefer watching TV shows this way. I never start watching them from the start. I either don't hear about them at first or am working when they air so I enjoy catching up by watching a whole bunch at one time from Netflix or on demand or Hulu. I did Always Sunny and True Blood this way. Now I'm frustrated having to wait for new episodes. I'm just not patient.

Next up: The Wire. Never saw one minute of one episode and have a LOT of watching to do
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

viva la ben wrote:Duel survivor is ridiculous!

The hippie who hasn't worn shoes in 20 years is completely stupid.
yeah that one was worth half a show of my viewing time. if i want to see people nagging eachother all day i'll go to my mom's house.
tjand72
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by tjand72 »

I'm disappointed that "10 Items or Less" was canceled. I thought that it was pretty good and had some potential.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10_Items_o ... _series%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

Anyone else watch HGTV?

I'm really disappointed with Color Splash: Miami. David Bromstad is still super awesome but I hate the new "cast." It feels like a completely different show than the original Color Splash, much less enjoyable as a whole. :thumbdown:
BadHands71
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by BadHands71 »

I'm getting caught up on "its always sunny in philly". :thumb: Good stuff.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

BadHands71 wrote:
wallflower wrote:
I've watched it a few times and I can never decide if it's being intentionally cheesy.
I hated it at first, but it's grown on me. Now I just laugh at the over the top-ness of it. And I like Jesse, this season's new character. Both he and Weston are easy on the eyes. :wink:
This is why I like it, we are losing all the over the top action TV shows, being replaced with almost real life cop shows (well sort of) and reality. Where are the Air Wolfs, or the Knight Riders, A-Team, 6 Million Dollar Man, I could go on, oh and how could I forget my fav as a kid Dukes of Hazzard. They were all obscenely over the top, but damn entertaining, we lack that anymore. This is the main reason I enjoy shows like Burn Notice, and Human Target to name a few over the top ones for now.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Could Versus have rounded up a bigger group of jobbers than they did to host The Daily Line?
BadHands71
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by BadHands71 »

DudeMan2766 wrote:Could Versus have rounded up a bigger group of jobbers than they did to host The Daily Line?
I'm going to go with NO. I can't watch that show.