***LOST WARS GAME THREAD***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: ***LOST WARS GAME THREAD***

Post by npv708 »

Corvidae wrote:
npv708 wrote:so who was on the other end of the radio?

My guess was Corvi or Canaan.
That was me. I do remember what I said but I don't think it was anything relevant. I may have said that I am your God.
Did you know it was me?

I sang Help by the Beatles.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Corvidae wrote:FYI, I got a package and that's how I knew about Malks and then Zaro (since he inherited his power). I'm going to take credit for Zaro's shot for no reason whatsoever.
I got a package that had dynamite in it. It allowed me to kill LITT without using a bullet which killed slappy when he came after me.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

Zarovich wrote:
Corvidae wrote:FYI, I got a package and that's how I knew about Malks and then Zaro (since he inherited his power). I'm going to take credit for Zaro's shot for no reason whatsoever.
I got a package that had dynamite in it. It allowed me to kill LITT without using a bullet which killed slappy when he came after me.
Well, I take credit for that then. I rule. :fist:
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

It was very frustrating trying to Corvi and sdm. I know I tried sdm multiple times.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

To me, this game has 3 co-mvps. I will reveal them in the post game thread.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

can i be a co-mvp? :pop:
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Kicksave wrote:can i be a co-mvp? :pop:
You can be mine :pop:
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Kicksave wrote:It was very frustrating trying to Corvi and sdm. I know I tried sdm multiple times.
I think PFiDC tried to kill one or both of them, and slappy tried to also.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Sorry, no sympathy for trying to kill the angel 2 nights in a row. ;)

I have no regrets in regards to the powers given out. There were 2 bad factions which could have had anywhere from 4-6 members. Corvi may have had multiple lives, but they all went away if cup keeper died. canaan was lucky as hell, but he wasn't even aligned with the survivors... he just chose to play it that way at the end.

When you use packages and distribute them randomly, crazy things can happen - and they did. If you have a problem, take it up with random.org because it was responsible for all but cup keeper passing the Bulletproof Vest to canaan.

The Others were behind the 8 ball early, but ultimately, you guys just had bad luck. LITT happened to atttack kicksave on a night he couldn't protect himself. slappy killed Zaro when he had a bullet. random.org decided Azkar would join Dharma.

As far as Dharma is concerned, if they had accepted the replacement player for beerman originally, they would have won easily, IMO.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

we didnt want a replacement player. we didnt want an asterisk next to our victory. we played the hand we were dealt.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

the wicked child wrote:
I have no regrets in regards to the powers given out. There were 2 bad factions which could have had anywhere from 4-6 members. Corvi may have had multiple lives, but they all went away if cup keeper died. canaan was lucky as hell, but he wasn't even aligned with the survivors... he just chose to play it that way at the end.

When there are two opposing factions though...that kind of negates things. we had the advantage early because the others got exposed and no one knew there was a second faction till i died. but as you can see in this game, having two factions does not benefit the bad guys. kicksave killed me, and LITT killed kicksave. as a bad guy you have to protect yourself from getting lynched and getting killed by the other faction. remember the one game we played with two factions where they just killed each other off right away, and game over?

i do agree though, if the dharma had done the right thing with the beerman thing they would have won. but when the game winded down and there were two invincible villagers, it was basically impossible for dharma to win.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Letang Is The Truth wrote:we didnt want a replacement player. we didnt want an asterisk next to our victory. we played the hand we were dealt.
I guess you'll just have to settle for losing without one then. :pop:

Not really sure how that is an asterisk though. From what I can tell, it is an extremely common event in larger mafia forums.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

we play to win the game
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Troy Loney wrote:i do agree though, if the dharma had done the right thing with the beerman thing they would have won. but when the game winded down and there were two invincible villagers, it was basically impossible for dharma to win.
Ah, but the only "invincible villager" at that point was the angel. canaan wasn't even a villager. had Azkar survived Day 13, both Corvi and canaan were killable the following night. He couldn't have done better than a tie since the angel was left, but in any game, the angel is usually not killable unless they screw up.

There was also a Vampire in play that would have all but clinched the game for them a couple days earlier. Everything was right there for them.

Each bad side killed exactly one member of the other. That hardly constitutes a bloodbath or cancels out the fact that there are 2 killing factions against the village. There was potential for exactly 1/3 of the players to be bad.

If you want to somehow feel slighted, it's your perogative, but the game was very winnable for Dharma... their luck just ran out late in the game.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

they are who we thought they were and we let em off the hook!
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

The Angel is such a powerful role.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

the wicked child wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:i do agree though, if the dharma had done the right thing with the beerman thing they would have won. but when the game winded down and there were two invincible villagers, it was basically impossible for dharma to win.
Ah, but the only "invincible villager" at that point was the angel. canaan wasn't even a villager. had Azkar survived Day 13, both Corvi and canaan were killable the following night. He couldn't have done better than a tie since the angel was left, but in any game, the angel is usually not killable unless they screw up.

There was also a Vampire in play that would have all but clinched the game for them a couple days earlier. Everything was right there for them.

Each bad side killed exactly one member of the other. That hardly constitutes a bloodbath or cancels out the fact that there are 2 killing factions against the village. There was potential for exactly 1/3 of the players to be bad.

If you want to somehow feel slighted, it's your perogative, but the game was very winnable for Dharma... their luck just ran out late in the game.
Tomato - tomatoe. we're going to have to agree to disagree. i don't feel slighted by any means, and i think the game was fun. i just think when push came to shove at the end, having two players that couldn't have been killed was too much of an obstacle for the bad guys. that said, when i was still around the dharma had all the luck, and they created their own bad luck afterwards. having two invincible players makes the margin for error for the bad guys almost nil. (I consider 4 survivals invincible, there has never been a time when a player has had that many attempts on their life)
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

:pop:

who is going to get the last word?

:pop:

(cue dagny posting & locking the thread)
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Troy Loney wrote:(I consider 4 survivals invincible, there has never been a time when a player has had that many attempts on their life)
Actually, there now has. Corvi used up all 4 of his extra lives in this game. :pop:

But even that was conditional. cup keeper could have been voted off on day 1 and then he would have had no extra lives.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

the angel role isnt powerful when he gets clipped early in the game...that should be point number 1 as a baddy--eliminate the angel. i cant stand people who complain about the strength of a role because its so dependent on the game in question. there should always be a baddy that is willing to roleclaim the angel if need be--but should do so convincingly. if you cant persuade people to believe in you or what you're saying, you're not gonna be happy with this game all the time.

suck it up
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Troy Loney wrote:(I consider 4 survivals invincible, there has never been a time when a player has had that many attempts on their life)
if you kill his protector/live giver, then all of this is moot.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

canaan wrote:the angel role isnt powerful when he gets clipped early in the game...that should be point number 1 as a baddy--eliminate the angel. i cant stand people who complain about the strength of a role because its so dependent on the game in question. there should always be a baddy that is willing to roleclaim the angel if need be--but should do so convincingly. if you cant persuade people to believe in you or what you're saying, you're not gonna be happy with this game all the time.

suck it up
This is kinda the point. If cup keeper gets voted off early. Corvi has no extra lives. If canaan was attacked on any even night besides the 2 that he was protected, he would have died. It just didn't work out that way. This game could have been a complete slaughterhouse for the bad guys if random.org went a different way a few times.

The angel role is always going to be powerful. Usually, they only die if they screw up or the town does. Sometimes it happens if they are protecting the Seer. If the seer dies early though, there really is no reason for the angel to do anything but protect themselves. (Though I remember NAN used a well timed protect of someone else in one of the early WW games to turn the tide).
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

the funniest part of the whole thing is that i kept trying to have cupkeeper killed. not only did no one listen to me, but i didnt get any heat from the baddies because i was off on both factions :lol: troyloney was the only one who even listened to me early on and even that wasnt all that heartfelt.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

canaan wrote:troyloney was the only one who even listened to me early on and even that wasnt all that heartfelt.
definitely not heartfelt.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Troy Loney wrote:
canaan wrote:troyloney was the only one who even listened to me early on and even that wasnt all that heartfelt.
definitely not heartfelt.
i figured as much.

should've been though :pop: