***LOST WARS GAME THREAD***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Dean Wormer
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: ***LOST WARS GAME THREAD***

Post by Dean Wormer »

I would have thought my push for pfidc followed by the eventual proof he was red would be enough to keep me from suspicion. Instead it has somehow made me more suspicious.
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

Dean Wormer wrote:I would have thought my push for pfidc followed by the eventual proof he was red would be enough to keep me from suspicion. Instead it has somehow made me more suspicious.
With two groups of baddies, voting for one side means nothing.
Dean Wormer
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Dean Wormer »

Does it? We only know for sure the reds are 100% bad. We know for sure I'm not one of them. Why cast a vote against someone you know isn't an other. If nothing else it cuts your probability of finding a bad guy way down.
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

In every game played on this board blues and greens have tried to eliminate the other colors which predominately have been red. However in a few games there have been other groups thrown into the mix. In this case Troy Loney was an orange tint. We do not know if he was a loner or if there are others. Until we know otherwise it is to be assumed that there are others in his group that will turn up orange upon their death.
Dean Wormer
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Dean Wormer »

So that means under suspicion that I am orange, a group we cannot say with certainty is even against us, I must go. Even though it has been shown throughout the game I am not red. I'm saying that line of thinking including voting for me is a mistake. Anyone who casts a vote for me should know without a doubt they are NOT voting for an other. That does not make much sense to me.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

I know this game could have some crazy twists and turns, but until shown otherwise, I think we are best served by taking the position that if not blue/green, then bad. I don't really see how you can dispute this position if one is actually a villager -- you doing just that leads me to vote for you.

If you are orange, thanks for helping us kill pfidc! :thumb:
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

To clarify my drunken post last night.

Yes, I think that it was set up similarly to the cultist that I created in my game.

Doesn't mean that TWC and WF are running it the same way I did...in fact, probably not.

There was an orange guy, he died. Malks was removed with him, whether it was part of the role or just merely coincidence, I don't think it really matters.

We're on day what? 3? If he was, in fact a recruitment type RP, he probably would have only had a chance for one or two recruits by this point, so, thinking logically, the orange faction is probably eliminated.
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

jaysmiter wrote:To clarify my drunken post last night.

Yes, I think that it was set up similarly to the cultist that I created in my game.

Doesn't mean that TWC and WF are running it the same way I did...in fact, probably not.

There was an orange guy, he died. Malks was removed with him, whether it was part of the role or just merely coincidence, I don't think it really matters.

We're on day what? 3? If he was, in fact a recruitment type RP, he probably would have only had a chance for one or two recruits by this point, so, thinking logically, the orange faction is probably eliminated.
Uh, its Day 6. There has been plenty of time to recruit if that was how the role was set-up.
Dean Wormer
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Dean Wormer »

Me defending myself against being bad leads you to vote for me? I'm a good guy I'm this game. I called out against a random bandwagon capture I'm favor of capturing someone we had more definitive evidence against. I'm doing the same thing now only the bandwagon capture is myself. The evidence against me is that there may or may not still be an orange faction that may or may not be out to get us. To me that's just ridiculous.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Sorry man, I don't know what to tell you. I explained my vote, and I disagree with your characterization of my explanation. It's nothing personal.
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

Dean Wormer wrote:Me defending myself against being bad leads you to vote for me? I'm a good guy I'm this game. I called out against a random bandwagon capture I'm favor of capturing someone we had more definitive evidence against. I'm doing the same thing now only the bandwagon capture is myself. The evidence against me is that there may or may not still be an orange faction that may or may not be out to get us. To me that's just ridiculous.
You only have one vote, but you seem to be getting awfully defensive about it.
Dean Wormer
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Dean Wormer »

I can see where this is heading and I'm trying to convince everyone otherwise before its too late. If I say all this with 9 votes against me its meaningless.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

slappybrown wrote:I think this idea that the orange is not necessarily bad is out and out retarded
im in the same boat, but i dont think dean is the way to go.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

canaan wrote:
slappybrown wrote:I think this idea that the orange is not necessarily bad is out and out retarded
im in the same boat, but i dont think dean is the way to go.
Like I said I voted for him because he seemed to be the one pushing the theory that it didnt necessarily mean orange = bad the most. I think I will look back to see if there is a connection based on voting from Troy to any other poster.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

orange has always been bad. i don't think i've ever played a game where green or blue weren't the only ones that were working for the village. capture dean. he's been very quiet, and to think that orange =/= bad is just flat out a bad play.
Letang Is The Truth wrote: im willing to go with either of these as well. c2i is similar to dean where he is being tossed around and not drawing votes.
my name has gotten plenty of votes, but it always seems to be the same people that vote for me... odd i know.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

i should specify... dean has been very quiet previous to today... now he's talking up a storm
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

capture Dean Wormer

He had 13 posts before Troy died, and 14 posts since. Also defending the "orange" faction big time. Very suspicious to me.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Day 6 vote count

3 c2i (Corvi, Dean, LITT)
3 Dean (slappy, c2i, Zaro)

11 to capture
Dean Wormer
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Dean Wormer »

count2infinity wrote:i should specify... dean has been very quiet previous to today... now he's talking up a storm
I don't work on Saturday.
Dean Wormer
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Dean Wormer »

And to specify, I'm not defending the orange faction although I can see how what I've said can come across that way. I'm saying that to change the focus from going after reds to going after a suspicious orange is the wrong move. I am very clearly not a red and if you take my word for it, which you probably won't understandably, I am not an orange either. However, the way I think we should approach things is that by me clearly not being red means I should not be the one voted for.
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Azkar »

Image :pop:
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

Azkar wrote:I could get behind a c2i vote simply because I trust corvi
Why?
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

I don't hate the Dean vote, but he's below c2i for me (who in turn is below jewaaniaea).

If Dean were (was?) and orange guy, saying "the orange guys might be good" doesn't seem to make any strategical sense since no one suspected him of being one until he said that. We also don't know the identities of any orange guys so he's not defending anyone. But I honestly can't remember playing a game with him before, so I don't know if he typically makes sense.

I'd consider switching over to Dean if support for the c2i murder doesn't continue, but I'm a lot more comfortable where I am now. I'd be even comfortabler if we could kill jeewind, and there's one or two others that I'd still prefer over Dean, but I'm not going to speak against it with anything more than what I just wrote in the last paragraph. But either way, I'm not doing anything else until Monday when the rest are around, unless we actually get close to a majority.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

cup keeper wrote: Uh, its Day 6. There has been plenty of time to recruit if that was how the role was set-up.
Shows how much attention I've been paying.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

Right now, I'm good with a vote for any of these three people: c2i, Dean Wormer, or Jwie.