***LOST WARS GAME THREAD***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: ***LOST WARS GAME THREAD***

Post by thehockeyguru »

Just got home. Tough break for Shaf and I, but good luck village!
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

the errey i breathe wrote:I completely forgot about this game :face:
capture teib for this
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

For reference, as it's usually a baddie tell, someone "forgets" about the game and all of a sudden comes in and starts posting. If you forgot about it, your opinion should mean less personally.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Malkamaniac wrote:For reference, as it's usually a baddie tell, someone "forgets" about the game and all of a sudden comes in and starts posting. If you forgot about it, your opinion should mean less personally.
This wasn't really meant to sound mean either. Forgetting about the game and then coming in to throw out an opinion does nothing but harm.
the errey i breathe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by the errey i breathe »

Malkamaniac wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:For reference, as it's usually a baddie tell, someone "forgets" about the game and all of a sudden comes in and starts posting. If you forgot about it, your opinion should mean less personally.
This wasn't really meant to sound mean either. Forgetting about the game and then coming in to throw out an opinion does nothing but harm.
...except i didn't throw out an opinion and i read what i missed before i posted. as long as you catch up why should one's opinion mean less just because they weren't there while things were going on. ill bet your "baddie tell" radar is off on this one.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

I'm perplexed by the death of both thg and shaf. How could they both die?

The obvious answer is a vig-type character. But IF it is the case that a vig-type character who is allegedly working for the good of the village killed either thg or shaf, well...

If it is revealed for sure that that was the case, I will vote for that player to be killed. Immediately. Without question. That would be the most colossally stupid move since ... well, last game, frankly ...

But anyway: I will vote for the death of that vig-type character even if it means the survivors' destruction. That sort of incompetence must be stopped. On principle, if nothing else.

What other answer could there be? A second group of baddies? That would explain the dagny-burnt-tent write-up. But there has been no indication of a second group. Also, it's hard to believe that two groups of baddies would kill on the same night.

An ISK? Maybe.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

while i dont disagree with what people have been saying, trying to figure out exactly what happened may be fruitless because of the number of permutations. someone (i think jays) say that people shouldnt think are there are packages because there were some last game, i say we should think there are packages. beerman has been acting silly and now the 80s music lyrics. perhaps once they completed the task they were granted a kill? it is hard to know exactly what is happening. what we do know is dags was lynched on two consecutive days. i think we should look at people who didnt vote for her either day or people that didnt vote on the first day and then voted on the second day. this may be a good tell because they didnt want to throw her under the bus the first day but voted the second day to say they voted for her. thoughts?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:while i dont disagree with what people have been saying, trying to figure out exactly what happened may be fruitless because of the number of permutations. someone (i think jays) say that people shouldnt think are there are packages because there were some last game, i say we should think there are packages. beerman has been acting silly and now the 80s music lyrics. perhaps once they completed the task they were granted a kill? it is hard to know exactly what is happening. what we do know is dags was lynched on two consecutive days. i think we should look at people who didnt vote for her either day or people that didnt vote on the first day and then voted on the second day. this may be a good tell because they didnt want to throw her under the bus the first day but voted the second day to say they voted for her. thoughts?
i voted for her on the first day and then got confused with the redwill/thg exchange and hesitated on it the second time around. what does that make me? :scared:
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

canaan wrote: i voted for her on the first day and then got confused with the redwill/thg exchange and hesitated on it the second time around. what does that make me? :scared:

Bad. you were willing to vote for her when she was protected, but not when she had no protection.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

canaan wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:while i dont disagree with what people have been saying, trying to figure out exactly what happened may be fruitless because of the number of permutations. someone (i think jays) say that people shouldnt think are there are packages because there were some last game, i say we should think there are packages. beerman has been acting silly and now the 80s music lyrics. perhaps once they completed the task they were granted a kill? it is hard to know exactly what is happening. what we do know is dags was lynched on two consecutive days. i think we should look at people who didnt vote for her either day or people that didnt vote on the first day and then voted on the second day. this may be a good tell because they didnt want to throw her under the bus the first day but voted the second day to say they voted for her. thoughts?
i voted for her on the first day and then got confused with the redwill/thg exchange and hesitated on it the second time around. what does that make me? :scared:
i thought abotu this in the car actually and i fall into the same boat. i was AFK until about 7 last night so i missed everything but i do think looking at the votes in the dags vote will really help.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

gooooooood morning lost wars land!
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

jaysmiter wrote:Just got back from class...

Why am I suspicious after that dagny vote?

Just out of curiosity. I was trying to run through scenarios and after someone, I think either shaf or redwill, pretty blatantly spelled it out, it was a no-brainer to get rid of her.

If that seems suspicious in retrospect, many apologies. Just trying to rationalize everything in an open forum.

I've got some stuff going on in the personal life this evening, so, I probably won't be around too much. I'll be glad to answer any questions and I want to go through some of the last vote in the am.
I got the impression from your posts that you were pushing for the village to let dagny live. I considered THG, Redwill & Shaftnutz to be the ones pushing for the dagny vote, a handful of other people (like myself) who were waffling, and a couple of other people trying to be like "ok, move along, nothing to see here"...and that group included you.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

should this be something of value? from the dead thread...

dagny wrote:We'll trade one alpha, who used up all her protects and wouldn't last much longer anyway, for their seer on the first night. :twisted:

:pop:

one alpha? so there's more? or does she just mean once the alpha is gone, a new one is appointed?
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Okay...soo, first day dags was lynched: shaf, thg, jays, Mike, Kicksave, Senka, crayz, canaan, sdm, mac, LITT, Azkar, Zaro, c2i, Troy Loney

and second day dags was lynched: thg, redwill, shafnutz, Zarovich, Azkar, Malkamaniac, Senka, nan, Kicksave, beerman, slappy, jaysmitter, Troy, jw, Dean, npv (npv's doesn't really count as he was #16, but i figured i'd throw that out there)

people that voted both days for her: shaf, thg, kicksave, senka, azkar, zaro, jays, troy
people that voted for her day one but not day two: mike, crayz, canaan, sdm, mac (but he probably couldn't), Litt, myself
people that voted for her day two but not day one: redwill, malk, nan, beerman, slappy, jw, dean, npv

okay, now what's that tell us?
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

1 the errey i breathe (Corvi)
That was easy enough :P
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

count2infinity wrote:Okay...soo, first day dags was lynched: shaf, thg, jays, Mike, Kicksave, Senka, crayz, canaan, sdm, mac, LITT, Azkar, Zaro, c2i, Troy Loney

and second day dags was lynched: thg, redwill, shafnutz, Zarovich, Azkar, Malkamaniac, Senka, nan, Kicksave, beerman, slappy, jaysmitter, Troy, jw, Dean, npv (npv's doesn't really count as he was #16, but i figured i'd throw that out there)

people that voted both days for her: shaf, thg, kicksave, senka, azkar, zaro, jays, troy
people that voted for her day one but not day two: mike, crayz, canaan, sdm, mac (but he probably couldn't), Litt, myself
people that voted for her day two but not day one: redwill, malk, nan, beerman, slappy, jw, dean, npv

okay, now what's that tell us?
not to add on but is there anyone that didnt vote for her at all?? errey is the only one i got off the top of my head..
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Corvidae
cupkeeper
JarkkoVision
PFIDC
relantel
tfrizz
the errey i breathe

didnt vote for dagny at all. at this point, i'm willing to go with one of them.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

that is of course, if they cant come up with a better excuse than errey :pop:
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

mac5155 wrote:Corvidae
cupkeeper
JarkkoVision
PFIDC
relantel
tfrizz
the errey i breathe
he's been voted off the island already (wrong show?)

but i agree... i'm willing to vote either cupkeeper because he's a perennial bad guy or relantel just based on playing style (real quiet and sneak by til the end)
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

count2infinity wrote:
mac5155 wrote:Corvidae
cupkeeper
JarkkoVision
PFIDC
relantel
tfrizz
the errey i breathe
he's been voted off the island already (wrong show?)

but i agree... i'm willing to vote either cupkeeper because he's a perennial bad guy or relantel just based on playing style (real quiet and sneak by til the end)
oh sorry, yeah i missed that. i was going thru with a dead list and he wasnt on there.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

count2infinity wrote:he's been voted off the island already (wrong show?)
The tribe has spoken
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

so 31 total players, i'm guessing theres ~6 bad guys. 1 is at least in that list I posted, probably 2. dagny was one, that makes 3, then i'd say theres 2 in the "vote for her on the first day but not on the second" category, and one that voted for her both days.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

capture corvidae

something about his posts have been triggering suspicion with me...might just be ill will since the bhaw game a while back.
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Azkar »

Troy Loney wrote:capture corvidae

something about his posts have been triggering suspicion with me...might just be ill will since the bhaw game a while back.
that's just the cut of corvi's jib I think.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

the errey i breathe wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:
...except i didn't throw out an opinion and i read what i missed before i posted. as long as you catch up why should one's opinion mean less just because they weren't there while things were going on. ill bet your "baddie tell" radar is off on this one.
AS IT'S USUALLY A BADDIE TELL.

The whole "Oh hey guys, I forgot about this game, but I'll show interest now," after most people have been playing is a perfect way to keep yourself under the radar

Nowhere did I say, TEIB is a baddie because of this?! I was just saying. Defensive much?