TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by DelPen »

As far as House goes...
Spoiler:
I was thinking the end was not a drug hallucination (which it still might be, who knows until Amber shows up) but a dream because he got caught in a collapse and he would wake up at the hospital. How interesting would it be if House was temporary paralyzed from the waste down? He wouldn't be able to walk but also wouldn't have any pain in his leg for a while.
Cookestache
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Cookestache »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:i like tom hanks' kid as an actor
...and hate him as a person.

Didn't care for his character on Mad Men, saw him in a so-so movie called The Great Buck Howard...Orange County was good.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Cookestache wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:i like tom hanks' kid as an actor
...and hate him as a person.

Didn't care for his character on Mad Men, saw him in a so-so movie called The Great Buck Howard...Orange County was good.
orange county was good? ill be in the agree to disagree category. he was clown shoes in the sorority sister movie with the girl from scary movie to boot.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

I thought the season finale for The Office was meh. The show is still brilliant at times, but it is not as consistently funny as it used to be.

The season finale for 30 Rock was pretty darn good. I didnt start watching that show until this season, and I am a big fan. The writing is just genius.

I have only seen like 2 episodes of Community until last night (Paintball and the Pilot episodes). I thought the season finale for that was outstanding. I was laughing the entire time. My plan is to catch up on the entire first season over the summer since mostly everything is re-runs until September.
Samsdog
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Samsdog »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote: I have only seen like 2 episodes of Community until last night (
I stopped watching The Office. Just don't find it funny anymore.
doublem wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:
Point Breeze Penguins wrote:Any thoughts on the House season finale?
Yeah, I thought that was one of the best episodes of the series. I tried putting myself in the place the girl was in and, really, that was just tragic. I personally would have asked them to end my life. I couldn't live like that. If I didn't have kids. Because if you do, then your priorities kinda change. But I was actually relieved she died in the end - just looking from my own personal perspective.

And the ending was the best. Finally. (won't reveal the spoiler in case someone hasn't seen it yet)
:thumb:
I enjoyed it as well. I didn't have much of a chance to keep up with House this season but I knew the basic premise and didn't feel confused watching that episode at all.
Spoiler:
I like seeing his flashes of humanity and that was definitely the most intense of the series; he felt bad because of her, not because he gaffed a diagnosis or something. As for him and Cuddy, if it's another hallucination/dream type thing I'm calling cop out.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:I thought the season finale for The Office was meh. The show is still brilliant at times, but it is not as consistently funny as it used to be.
wait...that was the finale?

meh is right
Cookestache
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Cookestache »

Parks and Rec blows the balls off everything else on Thursday nights. It's in another stratosphere.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Cookestache wrote:Parks and Rec blows the balls off everything else on Thursday nights. It's in another stratosphere.
you know, i was thinking last night that parks and rec is poorly concieved. i feel like the format is weak and holds back it's potential. but that might just be because i think that raaaaaandy needs more lines in the show.
Cookestache
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Cookestache »

Troy Loney wrote:
Cookestache wrote:Parks and Rec blows the balls off everything else on Thursday nights. It's in another stratosphere.
you know, i was thinking last night that parks and rec is poorly concieved. i feel like the format is weak and holds back it's potential. but that might just be because i think that raaaaaandy needs more lines in the show.
The mockumentary stuff? I think they use it better than The Office, at this point. Is that what you mean?

I'm all about strong characterization, and I think Parks and Rec is miles ahead of everyone at this point. It's a tribute to the writers and cast that they've been able to flesh out everyone on the show. It's character-based, and that makes the emotion-tinged moments feel earned. That's something 30 Rock either was never interested in, or couldn't accomplish, so they fall back on the Liz Lemon-as-spinster trope at every opportunity.

Season 2 of The Office is as good as American sitcoms can get, but they've just run out of stuff to do. No big deal. I still laugh.

Community's probably got the most potential at this point, and really, it's not far behind Parks and Rec. The Goodfellas/Paintball episodes were close to art. I just think this season of Parks and Rec was a well-oiled machine. Community could easily turn into that -- taken against Parks and Rec's first season, Community has run rings around it.

I'm all for more Aziz, though, at all opportunities.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

I found nothing funny about Parks and Recs
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

i think modern family is > parks and rec
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

canaan wrote:i think modern family is > parks and rec
completely agree, modern family might have been the funniest new show out this year, very consistently funny over the entire season
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Why is Weeds not starting until August? That's ghey.

Thank god I started watching True Blood and it starts in 2 weeks. Woo.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

i need to download the season of Modern Family. I never got a chance to watch it.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Modern Family is very funny. Writing is good. Ty Burrell is easily the best character.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

tifosi77 wrote: Holmes on Homes
30 Rock
:thumb:
Don't know if you watch it, but Ultimate Recipe Showdown is pretty good, as is another show with a similar format (contestants make a three course meal, and after every meal the loser goes home) but the name escapes me right now.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Entourage :thumb:
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Physical_Graffiti wrote:Entourage :thumb:
Starts in June too. I hadn't realized the movie-after-the-series was confirmed, but, I guess that is going to happen.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Kraftster wrote:Modern Family is very funny. Writing is good. Ty Burrell is easily the best character.
his wife on the show is easy on the eyes
Last edited by eddysnake on Fri May 21, 2010 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Scott
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Michael Scott »

shmenguin wrote:
cheesesteakwithegg wrote:I thought the season finale for The Office was meh. The show is still brilliant at times, but it is not as consistently funny as it used to be.
wait...that was the finale?

meh is right
It started out with so much promise, an appearance (at least on the phone) by Todd Packer and then was all down hill from there.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Kraftster wrote:
Starts in June too. I hadn't realized the movie-after-the-series was confirmed, but, I guess that is going to happen.
I read somewhere that Marky Mark had confirmed it a while ago. I still need to catch up though. I've only seen season's one and three in their enitrety. I'm probably gonna buy all the seasons just to make sure I didn't miss anything.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Physical_Graffiti wrote:
Kraftster wrote:
I read somewhere that Marky Mark had confirmed it a while ago. I still need to catch up though. I've only seen season's one and three in their enitrety. I'm probably gonna buy all the seasons just to make sure I didn't miss anything.
Yeah, it goes a bit down hill in my opinion, but, its still worth watching.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

they're trying to cash in like the sex and the city movies.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Entourage... More like blah-ntourage...
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

tifosi77 wrote: Holmes on Homes
30 Rock
30 Rock just doesn't anything for me anymore.. I don't know what it is.

I do think the current season of How I Met Your Mother has been pretty solid though.

And like someone above said, True Blood starting again soon -- and after that's finished, it'll be Dexter time.

Oh, and while I think of it, I enjoy Demetri Martin's show.

Edit: Actually, scratch that -- 30 rock is still really hilarious when drunk.
Last edited by meecrofilm on Sat May 22, 2010 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.