Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: *** Wolf Wars XI Game Thread ***

Post by Malkamaniac »

Troy Loney wrote:
MWB wrote:edit: presumably
Right, i am privy to that information, and i am trying to ensure that we can atleast make sure that we kill the person the provides the most information for us at this point....because really, i only know that myself and nan are good, so to me there is a 40% chance of hitting a bad guy, all the other stuff that happened in the game is noise, i'd like to make sure that the vote is drawn out to the point that we can gather atleast one identity based on the result of the kill.

Everyone of us outside of NAN can say were good, and every person that hears it, won't believe it. Just sayin.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Speaking of nan.... would be good to know his thoughts on this since he's really the only one that can be trusted.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Malkamaniac wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:
MWB wrote:edit: presumably
Right, i am privy to that information, and i am trying to ensure that we can atleast make sure that we kill the person the provides the most information for us at this point....because really, i only know that myself and nan are good, so to me there is a 40% chance of hitting a bad guy, all the other stuff that happened in the game is noise, i'd like to make sure that the vote is drawn out to the point that we can gather atleast one identity based on the result of the kill.

Everyone of us outside of NAN can say were good, and every person that hears it, won't believe it. Just sayin.
obviously, i'm more or less thinking out loud.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

sdm5055 wrote:
I honestly think that the two baddies are two of the ones left debating and not quiet players
I'm interested to know why you think that it would not be quiet players.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Troy Loney wrote: i think that holding off was a great indicator of your identity, it will look bad if it turns out that sdm is bad, but you'll look good if he's just another good player. i mean it's not like sdm being bad automatically makes you bad, but if he's good, personally i would automatically clear you.
I don't think anyone should be automatically cleared at this point, or even after this vote.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

I'm gonna be gone for a bit. Back within an hour.
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

MWB wrote:
sdm5055 wrote:
I honestly think that the two baddies are two of the ones left debating and not quiet players

why would they sit back at this point? when you can carry 50% of the vote and its this close to the end it makes sense to be pushing votes.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

sdm5055 wrote:
MWB wrote:
sdm5055 wrote:

why would they sit back at this point? when you can carry 50% of the vote and its this close to the end it makes sense to be pushing votes.
Well, if you're bad, and the vocal ones are all wrong with who they are going with, wouldn't it best serve you to not say anything? That to me, looks like a defense for the reasonably quiet.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

sdm5055 wrote:
MWB wrote:
sdm5055 wrote:

You can push votes by voting early and making your case or you can push votes by waiting until the end and casting a deciding vote. I think there's more than one way to do it.
MikeEnIke
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by MikeEnIke »

I wish people wouldn't back off malka because they're fighting with each other. Troy and sdm did nothing productive by just voting for each other.

Troy I'm pretty positive you're blue, and sdm may or may not be, don't have a real read yet, but I'm almost completely sure malka is red and I would eat my shorts (on my own accord, this isn't a deal or bet like that) if malka weren't red. Hopefully someone else can see this too.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

MikeEnIke wrote:I wish people wouldn't back off malka because they're fighting with each other. Troy and sdm did nothing productive by just voting for each other.

Troy I'm pretty positive you're blue, and sdm may or may not be, don't have a real read yet, but I'm almost completely sure malka is red and I would eat my shorts (on my own accord, this isn't a deal or bet like that) if malka weren't red. Hopefully someone else can see this too.
Yea but you fought with me yesterday and they're doing the same thing.
MikeEnIke
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by MikeEnIke »

Malkamaniac wrote:
MikeEnIke wrote:I wish people wouldn't back off malka because they're fighting with each other. Troy and sdm did nothing productive by just voting for each other.

Yea but you fought with me yesterday and they're doing the same thing.
Ok... I'm just saying at this stage it doesn't help to start changing things just cause you're mad. My vote changed yesterday at an inconvenient time. I really hadn't read your post yet, and I wouldn't have changed it that abruptly if I had because it just looked like I was voting for you because you were looking at me. Even so, my vote stands for the reasons I've already mentioned and I'm hoping someone else realizes it's a good vote.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

I just want to play the odds though, i think that sdm's identity will clear some people either way and other people that are left don't do that. if we skip sdm and go straight to malk and he's good we're really screwed, but if we kill sdm and he's good we're in decent shape still.
MikeEnIke
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by MikeEnIke »

Troy Loney wrote:

I just want to play the odds though, i think that sdm's identity will clear some people either way and other people that are left don't do that. if we skip sdm and go straight to malk and he's good we're really screwed, but if we kill sdm and he's good we're in decent shape still.
If you go straight for malk and he's blue, you know for sure I'm bad. If he's red, we have a red and can look at his posts to figure out next vote. We'll win if we go malk.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Ok... I'm just saying at this stage it doesn't help to start changing things just cause you're mad. My vote changed yesterday at an inconvenient time. I really hadn't read your post yet, and I wouldn't have changed it that abruptly if I had because it just looked like I was voting for you because you were looking at me. Even so, my vote stands for the reasons I've already mentioned and I'm hoping someone else realizes it's a good vote.
My whole reasoning for you was based on the fact that you hadn't brought information on SDM at the time, prior to that the last thing you said was the THG vote after he had died.

As far as I can tell, looking back now. I think you're blue. I think Cup Keeper and SDM are red. Shaf "defending me" was perfect, because I'm here, and I'm vocal. He's basically damned me at the cost of nothing.

At this point, I'm voting for sdm. I think it's the route to go, and it answers practically everything we've been asking this round.

lynch sdm5055

His spotty voting history, his "defense" of a quiet player being good because they aren't steering a vote, his fight with Troy right now, that's cause a whole nother mess of chaos. It feels right, and I'm going with it. I'm glad I held off the vote yesterday, and I'm rolling with it today.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

If you go straight for malk and he's blue, you know for sure I'm bad. If he's red, we have a red and can look at his posts to figure out next vote. We'll win if we go malk.
why do i know for sure that your bad?
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

MikeEnIke wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:

I'll go with you on this, but I think its going to be to late and I am gone, but hopefully it will give you guys a good read

unlych troy
lynch Malk
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

sdm5055 - 3 (MWB, Troy Loney, Malkamaniac)
Malkamaniac - 2 (MikeEnIke, sdm5055)
MWB - 1 (cup keeper)

4 to lynch
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

from what i can gather and from who's going after who, here are my potential bad guy pairs:

malk-sdm
malk-mwb
sdm-ck
mwb-mike
mike-ck
MikeEnIke
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by MikeEnIke »

Troy Loney wrote:
Eh I wouldn't say for sure, but it'd be pretty suspicous of me to go for such a vocal player when I know the red's only need a few more blue's off to win. Sure, I might be able to convince you that MWB or someone else were bad if malka wasn't, but I'd probably be red.

I would like to argue that if I wasn't blue, it'd be a pretty damn risky red move to get into such a back and forth with malka and basically bring heat to myself.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

MikeEnIke wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:
Eh I wouldn't say for sure, but it'd be pretty suspicous of me to go for such a vocal player when I know the red's only need a few more blue's off to win. Sure, I might be able to convince you that MWB or someone else were bad if malka wasn't, but I'd probably be red.

I would like to argue that if I wasn't blue, it'd be a pretty damn risky red move to get into such a back and forth with malka and basically bring heat to myself.
That argument could go for the same for me as well. Why would I being so much attention, when it could be easier for someone like CK and MWB to slide by with little to no aggravation because we're arguing back and forth?

Not to mention, SDM5055, who would be getting off the hook for the 3rd day phase in a row.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

sdm5055 - 3 (MWB, Troy Loney, Malkamaniac)
Malkamaniac - 2 (MikeEnIke, sdm5055)
MWB - 1 (cup keeper)

Deadline reached. Write-up coming.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

On Day 5, the village lynches sdm5055.

sdm5055 was
Spoiler:
a regular villager.
The village of OutForJusticeBurgh has 6 residents remaining:

newarenanow
Troy Loney
MWB
cup keeper
MikeEnIke
Malkamaniac

Ah, but there are in fact:
Spoiler:
1 angel
1 Alpha wolf
1 regular wolf

3 regular villagers
Departed from the village:
Spoiler:
Juice, a regular villager, was lynched by the village on Day 1.
slappybrown, a regular villager, was BOOMED! by the vig on Night 2.
Kicksave, the village seer, was CHOMPED! by the wolves on Night 2.
count2infinity, a regular villager, was lynched by the village on Day 2.
canaan, a regular villager, was CHOMPED! by the wolves on Night 3.
dagny, a regular villager, was lynched by the village on Day 3.
shafnutz05, the Alpha Wolf, was BLASTED! by the vig on Night 4.
relantel, the village vigilante, was CHOMPED! by the wolves on Night 4.
thehockeyguru, a regular villager, was lynched by the village on Day 4.
Zarovich, a regular villager, was CHOMPED! by the wolves on Night 5.
sdm5055, a regular villager, was lynched by the village on Day 5.
It is now Night 6.

Alpha: Whom do you want to kill?
Angel: Whom do you want to protect?

Deadline is 4 PM for RPs.
MikeEnIke
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by MikeEnIke »

If I die, malk is red. If I don't, he's trying to make it look like i'm wrong.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

MikeEnIke wrote:If I die, malk is red. If I don't, he's trying to make it look like i'm wrong.
So it's lose/lose for me either way?