*** Wolf Wars XI Game Thread ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: *** Wolf Wars XI Game Thread ***

Post by dagny »

MWB wrote:
dagny wrote: So, you think I'm not red because I actively pursued him, and you think he's not red because he defended himself?

mmmk.
For someone who questions people's reading skills all the time, you're doing an awful job of understanding what I wrote. But I'll try it one last time:

I don't think that bad guys would draw as much attention to themselves as the two of you have.

mmmk? mmmk.
I've certainly drawn attention to myself. But, has he drawn attention to himself, or have I drawn attention to him?

Don't you think he'd look worse if he just ignored it? Look at how bad it looked when he posted, but didn't fix his double vote, til badgered to do it.

All I'm saying is, he hasn't had much choice in the attention drawn to him, because I haven't let it go.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Are you trying to make a whole deal about my accidental double vote? Work was hellish on Friday. I didn't have to be "badgered" to change my vote, it just needed to be brought to my attention. I guess if I was like cup keeper and only made 3 posts this game I wouldn't be on your danger radar :roll:
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

MikeEnIke wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:lynch mikenike

he's been following canaan's lead and going after me all game, i think with canaan dead and him throwing the vote out there with no reasoning looks like another simple frame job. then there's mwb who has been subtly implicating me all game. he goes and says that he thinks shaft and dags are both villagers. if they could steer a vote on to me this round, when everyone see's i'm blue he can resteer the village onto dagny because of my going after her last vote.
Right because going along with a vote for a blue makes me a baddie. Also, the fact that I voted for you one day, and canaan happened to vote for you too doesn't mean i'm following him.

my vote stands
I don't know if your either (a) a good player convinced that i'm bad or (b) a bad guy trying to start a bandwagon vote on me for the second or third time, i don't remember if you voted for me on day one.

At this point i'm leaning heavily on to point (b) for a number of reasons. first off, your basically ignoring everything else in the game to simply get your vote out on me, without even really acknowledging what else is going on in the game. what is so fishy to me about that is you've provided nothing substantial about it either. you have not even posted any sort reasoning to accompany your vote (just something about being the vig before and shooting me when i was good). and you've been there each day to get the vote on me, and you've not even posted anything that would indicate you've given any thought about what else is going on in the game, are you disinterested in the other game play? or do you really want me out of here? is it because i've been voting for malkamaniac? he hasn't even acknowledged those votes i've put on him, does he have you out here trying to get rid of me?
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

shafnutz05 - 2 (dagny, Zarovich)
dagny - 1 (shafnutz05)
MikeEnIke - 1 (Troy Loney)
newarenanow - 1 (cup keeper)
Troy Loney - 1 (MikeEnIke)

7 to lynch
MikeEnIke
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by MikeEnIke »

Troy Loney wrote:
MikeEnIke wrote:

he's been following canaan's lead and going after me all game, i think with canaan dead and him throwing the vote out there with no reasoning looks like another simple frame job. then there's mwb who has been subtly implicating me all game. he goes and says that he thinks shaft and dags are both villagers. if they could steer a vote on to me this round, when everyone see's i'm blue he can resteer the village onto dagny because of my going after her last vote.
Right because going along with a vote for a blue makes me a baddie. Also, the fact that I voted for you one day, and canaan happened to vote for you too doesn't mean i'm following him.

my vote stands
I don't know if your either (a) a good player convinced that i'm bad or (b) a bad guy trying to start a bandwagon vote on me for the second or third time, i don't remember if you voted for me on day one.

At this point i'm leaning heavily on to point (b) for a number of reasons. first off, your basically ignoring everything else in the game to simply get your vote out on me, without even really acknowledging what else is going on in the game. what is so fishy to me about that is you've provided nothing substantial about it either. you have not even posted any sort reasoning to accompany your vote (just something about being the vig before and shooting me when i was good). and you've been there each day to get the vote on me, and you've not even posted anything that would indicate you've given any thought about what else is going on in the game, are you disinterested in the other game play? or do you really want me out of here? is it because i've been voting for malkamaniac? he hasn't even acknowledged those votes i've put on him, does he have you out here trying to get rid of me?
Just because I think you're a red doesn't make it suspicious. This is the second time i've voted for you, nothing personal, I just don't think you're blue.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

so we have a pair of battle votes - shaf-dags and TL-mikenike. This may well be white noise.

I still like a vote for sdm or nan - but only nan has a vote already on him. Lynch nan.
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

Troy Loney wrote:
MikeEnIke wrote:

my vote stands

I dont see the substantial amount of other stuff going on in the game
lynch troy
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

newarenanow - 2 (cup keeper, relantel)
shafnutz05 - 2 (dagny, Zarovich)
Troy Loney - 2 (MikeEnIke, sdm5055)
dagny - 1 (shafnutz05)
MikeEnIke - 1 (Troy Loney)

7 to lynch.

Deadline is tomorrow (Monday) morning, 10 AM Eastern.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Looking back on things it makes sense that a red would get on the Juice bandwagon quickly. Nan might end up being a good vote but for now,

lynch sdm
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Well, in the interest of self-preservation:

unlynch dagny
lynch NAN

For a couple reasons. NAN was another one of the early Juice bandwagon voters, so I was suspicious of that already. In addition, the two votes currently for Troy Loney are from MikeEnIke and SDM. Their names have come up several times as possible reds, so the fact they both voted for Troy make me hesitant to join them. I have a little better feeling about cup keeper, and I'm pretty confident that relantel is good.
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

thehockeyguru wrote:Looking back on things it makes sense that a red would get on the Juice bandwagon quickly. Nan might end up being a good vote but for now,

lynch sdm
I didnt get on the bandwagon I started it.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

sdm5055 wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:Looking back on things it makes sense that a red would get on the Juice bandwagon quickly. Nan might end up being a good vote but for now,

lynch sdm
c2i was the one that pointed out that Juice said wolf. You just agreed with his reasoning and cast the first vote.
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

thehockeyguru wrote:
sdm5055 wrote:

lynch sdm
c2i was the one that pointed out that Juice said wolf. You just agreed with his reasoning and cast the first vote.
I don't know if it was an agreement when nothing was said but quotes.

but fair enough... if you think a wolf is dumb enough to start two votes then so be it
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I just scanned through and need to catch up, but just to save you guys the time and effort. Don't vote me off. I'm the angel.

I can protect myself every night, and now that the seer is gone, that is what I'm planning on doing.

I will read through better and cast my vote.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

unlynch mikenike

lynch shaftnutz

angel preservation
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

newarenanow wrote:I just scanned through and need to catch up, but just to save you guys the time and effort. Don't vote me off. I'm the angel.

I can protect myself every night, and now that the seer is gone, that is what I'm planning on doing.

Ugh, I hate when this kind of stuff happens. Low vote totals so far, and you needed to come out?
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

newarenanow wrote:I just scanned through and need to catch up, but just to save you guys the time and effort. Don't vote me off. I'm the angel.

unlynch NAN

There were only 3 votes for you (including myself)...

lynch Troy Loney
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Malkamaniac wrote:

Ugh, I hate when this kind of stuff happens. Low vote totals so far, and you needed to come out?
In this game, I don't think it is a big deal. There are only 3 good RPs, one is dead, and the other can cause more harm than good.

This isn't a panic move. I was going to come out right after the seer was dead. In a simple format like this, I don't think it is that big of a deal. Clears one person (if people believe me) and I'm safe.

I may have just blown one night of protection until they found out. It beats having people focus on me instead of finding the wolves.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

shafnutz05 wrote:

unlynch NAN

There were only 3 votes for you (including myself)...

lynch Troy Loney
See my post above. Not a panic move.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Troy Loney wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:I dont think there is any merit to a Shaf vote. Dagny is the only reasonable choice at this stage of the game with us losing our Seer.
That's my feeling to. i dont think that kicksave researched her and she was red. i think if he caught a red he would have sacrificed himself and just stated outright that he caught a red. i originally thought that he might have tried to make a subtle hint/start a bandwagon so that he could stay alive.

but even if that is the case, the only thing that we do know is that she is not the one person that kicksave cleared on night one. so that narrows the pool of baddies by one and does marginally increase our chances of picking a wolf. at this point in the game with little to go on, i believe playing the slight percentage advantage is the way to go.
Troy, I am wondering how you went from this to voting for me instead of dagny. I have tried to get a Dagny vote started several times, but it keeps being subtly misdirected every time. Why is dagny such a bad idea for a vote? I still think Kicksave was trying to start something on her the first day for a reason, but no one is going with me. IMO, the odds of that are better than anything else we have right now.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I may have just blown one night of protection until they found out. It beats having people focus on me instead of finding the wolves.
I got you, I just can't stand when the village causes an out lol.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I seriously cannot believe a plurality is voting based on Dagny's theory that "zomg I am trying so hard to look bluez!!!" Kicksave, THE FREAKING SEER, started a vote for her the very first day. Even though he was the seer, he still stuck his neck out and started a vote towards the very beginning of the first day cycle. I cannot imagine him doing that if he didn't know something. And with their history, I can easily see him investigating her very early. I really don't think Troy is bad, it's more a self-preservation vote at this point. Just hear me out on dagny...if she is red, the chips will easily fall into place. Anyone down for a dagny vote?

unlynch Troy
lynch DAGNY
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

shafnutz05 wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:I dont think there is any merit to a Shaf vote. Dagny is the only reasonable choice at this stage of the game with us losing our Seer.
That's my feeling to. i dont think that kicksave researched her and she was red. i think if he caught a red he would have sacrificed himself and just stated outright that he caught a red. i originally thought that he might have tried to make a subtle hint/start a bandwagon so that he could stay alive.

but even if that is the case, the only thing that we do know is that she is not the one person that kicksave cleared on night one. so that narrows the pool of baddies by one and does marginally increase our chances of picking a wolf. at this point in the game with little to go on, i believe playing the slight percentage advantage is the way to go.
Troy, I am wondering how you went from this to voting for me instead of dagny. I have tried to get a Dagny vote started several times, but it keeps being subtly misdirected every time. Why is dagny such a bad idea for a vote? I still think Kicksave was trying to start something on her the first day for a reason, but no one is going with me. IMO, the odds of that are better than anything else we have right now.

I wouldn't say several times, just the past vote. based on the circumstantial evidence from the prior day she appeared to be the most logical vote. i just thought that she had the most work to be done in terms of defending herself, all i can say is that i was satisfied with what she had to say....more indifference than panic, i think if she were a wolf she would have played the "they're framing me" card with the kicksave kill. I guess i was looking for that response when i started questioning her as a tell, and it never came, then i switched onto mikenike because he's voted for me the past two games now without posting any substance really at all, or contribting to anything else in the game. look at his posts, he has like 4 of them and 2 of those are just "lynch troy loney"
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Malkamaniac wrote:
I got you, I just can't stand when the village causes an out lol.
The village didn't cause anything this time. I was contemplating doing this right after the seer died.

Like I said, in the more complex versions, I would have just kept my mouth shut until the last possible moment. But in this version, I don't think it makes much of a difference. Maybe I"m wrong, but I think it adds a little clearity (sp?) to the game.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

shafnutz05 wrote:I seriously cannot believe a plurality is voting based on Dagny's theory that "zomg I am trying so hard to look bluez!!!" Kicksave, THE FREAKING SEER, started a vote for her the very first day. Even though he was the seer, he still stuck his neck out and started a vote towards the very beginning of the first day cycle. I cannot imagine him doing that if he didn't know something. And with their history, I can easily see him investigating her very early. I really don't think Troy is bad, it's more a self-preservation vote at this point. Just hear me out on dagny...if she is red, the chips will easily fall into place. Anyone down for a dagny vote?

unlynch Troy
lynch DAGNY

I'd do a dagny vote, but more peopel need to come on here and vote to ensure nan doesnt get killed.