*** Wolf Wars XI Game Thread ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: *** Wolf Wars XI Game Thread ***

Post by count2infinity »

what is that supposed to mean THG? i haven't discussed this game once in chat, other than jokingly saying to kicksave "hey, who are the baddies, you can tell me i won't say anything :pop: "
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Wait what did I do now?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

thehockeyguru wrote:
It probably would have looked funny sticking with Shaf when you mixed up your reasoning in voting for him. Why not read the thread through and vote instead of hopping on the 1st bandwagon you see?
Because, I'm tired, hungover, and was just skimming through the pages that were posted last night when I wasn't around. Even if I wasn't hungover, I'd probably do the same thing. My focus was on Kicksave being killed since he was a good RP and I totally forgot the vig shot slappy.

As for the bandwagon, I'm one who believes that you are not going to get anything of any significance during the first day or two, and bandwagons are they to go most of the time.

Everyone says they see a "tell" during those days, but litterly almost anything can be made into a tell. Some people luck out and the person ends up being bad, but I can make an argument for almost every single person right now because of "tells" they show.

I'm sure one of them is bad, and I can go around and saying "see, I told you so" after it is done. But the other 9 or 10 people I think I have seen "tells" for are probably good. And nothing will be said if they are voted out and we are wrong.

So, the approach I take is, if a bandwagon starts at the beginning, I usually just stick with it. Because when you start flying around and changing people, you are going to start pulling out the good RPs and have them killed.

And usually, I'd want them to be the "quieter" people, but this game is a little different because it is full of the more active people. So you just got to go with what you have at hand.

I thought Juice was legit choice. He is smart enough to know that if he makes things obvious, people may blow it off. It ended up I was wrong. Oh well, move on.

I thought dags thoughts on slappy was ok. I totally forgot he was killed. That was my bad. It is as simple as that. I didn't read the whole thing through.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Malkamaniac wrote:Wait what did I do now?
C2i is saying that he isn't the only one to defend a vote on Dagny that you did too.

I tried pointing out how you replied, not liking Dagny coming out in chat about the juice vote.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

thehockeyguru wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:Wait what did I do now?
C2i is saying that he isn't the only one to defend a vote on Dagny that you did too.

I tried pointing out how you replied, not liking Dagny coming out in chat about the juice vote.
Chat has always been the bane, and everyone knows it. Her posting something in there, especially game related, is a no no. We've been told numerous times not to do it, and this time, it's possibly being used against her. Which I'm fine with.

I've even gone as far as saying I like the vote for Dagny, BUT, I do want to wait until she gets on to hear what she has to say.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

count2infinity wrote:lynch juice he just said he was a wolf... unless he was joking and even then, he shouldn't be saying such things.
This post struck me as really weird for some reason. Don't know if it's just the way it was written. Keeping my vote for dags for now, but as I mentioned in the last day cycle, I thought the bandwagon for Juice started way too quickly and earnestly.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Agreed. Saying you would like to hear what she has to say and throwing a possible defence for her are two separate things.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

newarenanow wrote: Agreed. It is difficult, especially if you find someone. You have to vote for them, but also have to easily change in order to fit in if you find someone. Just leave a clue for people to look back at when it is revealed you are the seer.

The question is, was this too early and was he just making a random vote on dags just to vote for her.
This is true enough, though on an early day like that, if it was for lulz, he would have said so...
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

newarenanow wrote: As for the bandwagon, I'm one who believes that you are not going to get anything of any significance during the first day or two, and bandwagons are they to go most of the time.

It seems a lot of people believe that. But at this point with the seer, who is now gone voting for Dagny, I think that gives us a little bit more to go on than the bandwagon of juice on day one.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

thehockeyguru wrote:
newarenanow wrote: As for the bandwagon, I'm one who believes that you are not going to get anything of any significance during the first day or two, and bandwagons are they to go most of the time.

It seems a lot of people believe that. But at this point with the seer, who is now gone voting for Dagny, I think that gives us a little bit more to go on than the bandwagon of juice on day one.
Which is one reason why I voted for dags.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

anyone have a count?
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

count2infinity wrote:anyone have a count?
:pop:
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Malkamaniac wrote: Chat has always been the bane, and everyone knows it. Her posting something in there, especially game related, is a no no. We've been told numerous times not to do it, and this time, it's possibly being used against her. Which I'm fine with.

I've even gone as far as saying I like the vote for Dagny, BUT, I do want to wait until she gets on to hear what she has to say.
I don't like chat talk about the game. Or whispers. But I do want to hear from Dags about this game in particular, and it makes no sense to vote based on activity in a past game.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

relantel wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote: Chat has always been the bane, and everyone knows it. Her posting something in there, especially game related, is a no no. We've been told numerous times not to do it, and this time, it's possibly being used against her. Which I'm fine with.

I don't like chat talk about the game. Or whispers. But I do want to hear from Dags about this game in particular, and it makes no sense to vote based on activity in a past game.
I agree that chat talk outside of the game should not go on. Don't know what can be done about it though.

I wonder if KS may have just been trying to get a feel on where a dagny vote would go. As seer, he could always see someone after a vote and look at who voted that person knowing what they are. Seer can go many ways with strategy that way.

I'm staying with my shaf vote for now.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Whats the reasoning behind a Shaf vote?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

thehockeyguru wrote:Whats the reasoning behind a Shaf vote?
somethign about the third vote on juice.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Troy Loney wrote:
Zarovich has a theory that being the third vote on a bandwagon = redness. Similar to the "If someone has to go out of town or away from their computer for work they are probably red" theory that has held true so many times :lol:
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

and if you don't blindly follow a bandwagon = redness
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Zaro said third vote in. Dagny said his posts made her suspicious. This is one of the reasons I'd like to hear more from her before I vote.
I think trizz was third vote in one of the votes last game, and he was bad. However, someone has to vote third sometime, so I haven't put much stock in that theory in the past. Plus, it gets brought up so much that I'm not sure that bad guys would vote third.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

shafnutz05 wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:
Zarovich has a theory that being the third vote on a bandwagon = redness. Similar to the "If someone has to go out of town or away from their computer for work they are probably red" theory that has held true so many times :lol:
Not just Zaro... seems to be a few people in the recent games. I think it may have been redwill that started this a few games ago.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

LITT has been surprisingly quiet...
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

This chat stuff seems to come up every game. I'm assuming dagny posted what she said in chat here so it was in both places. We just don't know if there was more than just that post though.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

I dont think there is any merit to a Shaf vote. Dagny is the only reasonable choice at this stage of the game with us losing our Seer.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

thehockeyguru wrote:I dont think there is any merit to a Shaf vote. Dagny is the only reasonable choice at this stage of the game with us losing our Seer.
You don't think any of the early juice voters have merit?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

thehockeyguru wrote:I dont think there is any merit to a Shaf vote. Dagny is the only reasonable choice at this stage of the game with us losing our Seer.
That's my feeling to. i dont think that kicksave researched her and she was red. i think if he caught a red he would have sacrificed himself and just stated outright that he caught a red. i originally thought that he might have tried to make a subtle hint/start a bandwagon so that he could stay alive.

but even if that is the case, the only thing that we do know is that she is not the one person that kicksave cleared on night one. so that narrows the pool of baddies by one and does marginally increase our chances of picking a wolf. at this point in the game with little to go on, i believe playing the slight percentage advantage is the way to go.