Imagination land wars game thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Imagination land wars game thread

Post by the wicked child »

Malkamaniac wrote:At this point I'm only willing for mike or chef even. Too much weird bantering going on right now. I'll look at this after the game.
not really sure what you're getting at here. Would you prefer we just bandwagon Mike? I think discussion is vital right now.

I really wouldn't be surprised if you jays and pfidc are bad tbh.

As soon as there was a vote for pfidc, jays was talking about how he was gonna be away... And he only wants to vote for mike or mac.

Right after that, you flew in and wanted to start taking out quiet guys. Now you seem to be suggesting we shouldn't discuss things when we're close to losing.

forgive me if I don't find that awkward.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

MWB wrote:Can you say why you think tfrizz is suspicious?
I think he has about 20 post total. Most of them have been votes. He's voted multiple times, but hasn't said a lot of other things. He had one post going after Dagny quite a bit, but outside of that, he's been pretty silent. Additionally, after I said about the whole 3rd on the bandwagon thing the response from him and a couple others were to mock that theory by saying "ZOMG I was third on, I must be a baddie."

Say he is a red, and I picked right based on that theory alone. Wouldn't the other reds want to try and discredit that theory to draw attention away from a red. Plus, for being voted on multiple times by me, tfrizz has not actually said much. Talk about trying to stay under the radar.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

npv708 wrote:
MWB wrote:Can you say why you think tfrizz is suspicious?
I think he has about 20 post total. Most of them have been votes. He's voted multiple times, but hasn't said a lot of other things. He had one post going after Dagny quite a bit, but outside of that, he's been pretty silent. Additionally, after I said about the whole 3rd on the bandwagon thing the response from him and a couple others were to mock that theory by saying "ZOMG I was third on, I must be a baddie."

Say he is a red, and I picked right based on that theory alone. Wouldn't the other reds want to try and discredit that theory to draw attention away from a red. Plus, for being voted on multiple times by me, tfrizz has not actually said much. Talk about trying to stay under the radar.
Mac, slappy and chef were three I am suspicious of. Mac was someone who made an issue of the third vote on bamdwagon. I can add tfrizz to my list and would vote for one of those 4..
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Yeah, that's pretty much the same reasoning I had for tfrizz, along with this early comment to redwill:
tfrizz wrote: I just don't see the reasoning behind it when a bandwagon was going, unless you know something we don't.
Possibly a subtle way of outing a roleplayer?
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

I definitely think tfrizz is worth a shot and if he's red, I think Mac is next on my list.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

MWB wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:Nothing frustrates me more in these games is when people sign up and continue to skirt by day after day. Mike outside of posting Philly stuff daily, and Chef, who I don't remember at all, it's just odd.
Chef has basically only posted youtube clips. Not really sure what to make of that.

I voted tfrizz early and have been suspicious of him all along. In the redwill vote he seemed to be fishing a bit to see if redwill would expose himself as an rp. He's also basically posting one or two things each round and throwing out a vote. Not a lot to go on, but maybe something.
Yeah sorry, started a new job this week after being unemployed for 6 months, had I known this I would not have signed up, my bad. Little time, + little info.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

the wicked child wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:At this point I'm only willing for mike or chef even. Too much weird bantering going on right now. I'll look at this after the game.
not really sure what you're getting at here. Would you prefer we just bandwagon Mike? I think discussion is vital right now.

As soon as there was a vote for pfidc, jays was talking about how he was gonna be away... And he only wants to vote for mike or mac.

Right after that, you flew in and wanted to start taking out quiet guys. Now you seem to be suggesting we shouldn't discuss things when we're close to losing.

PFiDC is at fatheads right now in Pittsburgh. Other than that? I pretty much have no idea except for the fact that we've been fail so far. PFiDC, without a doubt could be bad.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Personally, Tfrizz is a great option as well as he's been very low output as too.

I'm still leaning towards chefpatrick or Mike. I just don't see the disconnect that letting players slide by without answering questions is a good thing.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

the wicked child wrote:

Yeah...I've never really liked voted on people that can't defend themselves. I think it's cheap and easy.

I did only want to vote for mike or mac, until NPV started his nonsense. Personally, I think what NPV is doing is annoying, contrived and a lottabit shady.

I think he's using the "woe is me" tactic to try and start a bandwagon on tfrizz. And the last, pathetic begging post...I used that tactic when I was a bad guy before. It didn't work for me, it shouldn't work for him...
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

*liked voting

damnable beer!
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

I'm impressed Malks. I was expecting to see you freak out when I suggested you might be red, as you did the previous 2 games. ;)

I dunno. I could go for mike or mac... maybe even try tfrizz... problem is, after I went through the thread earlier, I found that I couldn't really clear anyone in my mind... just had varying levels of suspicion really. I was hoping to hear more theories and responses from people to make it easier.

I'm going to unlynch pfidc for now. It could be telling that no one really jumped on that vote... but it might not be because of the weekend being here too.

The main thing I really hate is it seems like the same group of people are posting all the time, and no one else is really contributing anything. Probably would have been better to look there instead of going after KS and dags.... but not much we can do there at this point.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

the wicked child wrote: The main thing I really hate is it seems like the same group of people are posting all the time, and no one else is really contributing anything. Probably would have been better to look there instead of going after KS and dags.... but not much we can do there at this point.
Yeah...that's the toughest part. When there are this few people contributing and we know nothing about roles remaining...it sucks.

I just don't get why people would sign up to not really participate, unless there was an ulterior motive to it.

In all honesty, I could be talking solely to the cadre of bad guys and am just playing into their hands. Or you could be playing into my hands...but, with like 4 people participating, who really knows.

I do say we go after someone that can defend themselves, at least. My vote is staying on NPV until I can be convinced otherwise, however.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

I'm going to refrain from voting for the time being.

FTR, I really don't like people saying "I will only vote for x and y" at this stage of the game when we have found 0 bad guys and pretty much have to get someone to have any chance. It's basically pressuring people into voting for them without really considering their options, IMO.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

the wicked child wrote:I'm going to refrain from voting for the time being.

FTR, I really don't like people saying "I will only vote for x and y" at this stage of the game when we have found 0 bad guys and pretty much have to get someone to have any chance. It's basically pressuring people into voting for them without really considering their options, IMO.
I'll vote for any person, that has any kind of evidence too them. Right now, aside from NPV's constant pressuring for one guy, there really isn't much to go on.

This game is dogged by people not participating and it's highly annoying, and even looking back...it's like wah? Either way, let's get this figured out, and let's get a win. We're in a hole majorly, but we can do this.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

Yeah, TWC...

It's not that I'm saying "well, I'll only vote for mike or mac or npv," and if that's how it came out that's not what I meant.

Like Malks, I'd vote for pretty much anyone as long as there is something to go off of and I feel it's a good vote. The people I say that about are usually who I feel are the best votes at the time.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

unlynch npv

I know a lot of people aren't around, but even still...this vote doesn't seem like it's going to gain any traction.

I'm going to switch to:

lynch mikeenike

I'll be away from the computer for most of the day and all of the night.

I know nothing is probably going to happen, being that it's saturday and then the Pens play tomorrow at 2, but, I still want to get it out there.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

At this point I'm not going to vote until more people are around. The same 4 or 5 people are the only ones posting. It only takes a couple wrong votes at this point to hose us, so I'm not really interested in rushing things.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

the wicked child wrote:At this point I'm not going to vote until more people are around. The same 4 or 5 people are the only ones posting. It only takes a couple wrong votes at this point to hose us, so I'm not really interested in rushing things.
Me either. I'll be waiting until we hear from the people who SIGNED up to play, but haven't contributed literally anything.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

unlynch mikeenike

Yeah...guess you're right.

No vote is going to happen between now and Monday AM.

It is probably in the best interest of everyone to wait.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

What is the case against mikeenike? The only thing I can really think of is that he's doing the Flyers thing to fly under the radar and otherwise going with the flow. I feel pretty much the same about tfrizz. Going with the flow and putting in votes, but not really contributing much.
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

MWB wrote:What is the case against mikeenike? The only thing I can really think of is that he's doing the Flyers thing to fly under the radar and otherwise going with the flow. I feel pretty much the same about tfrizz. Going with the flow and putting in votes, but not really contributing much.
I think that is the case right there ahaha its weak. but that's all we have.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

lol at people trying to lynch me
MikeEnIke
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by MikeEnIke »

Eh, I just haven't been around. We've done a pretty miserable job so far, and whenever I stop in for some reason I get a bit suspicious of tfrizz, and that's about all I have to contribute. He seems to vote early and try to get things going, and with 10 goodies up so far, that's about all the suspicion I can bring.

It feels like I'm the Flyers, the village keeps getting my hopes up only to let me down after the first round of the playoffs. If only they were the Pens and able to actually go deep in the playoffs with some heart.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

grandmother died. wont be on much until maybe thursday. im blue. kill me if you want as I wont be able to contribute much if at at all until thursday at the earliest.

go good guys.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

PensFanInDC wrote:grandmother died. wont be on much until maybe thursday. im blue. kill me if you want as I wont be able to contribute much if at at all until thursday at the earliest.

go good guys.
Ah crap dude. Sorry to hear about this :(