Imagination land wars game thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Imagination land wars game thread

Post by Malkamaniac »

PensFanInDC wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:I'm just saying, if we're gonna be technical about it. You were the "last." Denouncing yourself doesn't make it otherwise lol.
Kinda like "its always in the last place you look."

WELL NO *CHARCOAL*

I'm just saying. Quit crying.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Ah, I knew it all the time.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

write up coming
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

If I die, I say kill dags.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

ugh... another night, another note.
Spoiler:
Dear Imagination land,

We were hungry, we wanted some hosenfefer, so we killed bugs bunny. Sorry about that.

Love ya!
Christmas woodland critters

P.S.- You guys really suck at this game
Bugs bunny (relantel) was
Spoiler:
the town roleblocker and the last remaining good RP.

2. NAN- Digger from Shirt Tales
3. PFiDC- Drop dead Fred
4. Mac- Arnold Slick from Turtle Crick
5. MWB- Latka Gravas
7. npv - zoidberg
9. troy loney - Homestarrunner
11. malka- stay puft marshmallow man
12. TWC - Gobo
13. Jays- Bret Maverick
16. Slappy-Master Shake
18. sdm- Dwight Schrute
19. mikeenike- leprechaun
20. tfrizz-Captian Hammer
21. dagny - Tweety Bird
22. Chef Patrick - Gir
24. Zaro - Santa

The Lorax (corvi) was a good imaginary character and brutally murdered night 1
Master splinter (cupkeeper) was a good imaginary character and beaten to death day 1
Big Bird (beerman) was the imagination land cop and poisoned night 2
Zaphod Beeblebrox (redwill) was a good imaginary character and beheaded then gutted by the village day 2.
The worm from dune (canaan) was the mayor of imagination land and was dissected night 3.
Butters (kicksave) was a good imaginary character and killed day 3.
Topper Harley (shafnutz) was the town doctor and stabbed in the back night 4.
Dr Nick (badhands) was a good imaginary character and had golf balls shoved down his throat on day 4.
Bugs Bunny (Relantel) was the town role blocker and was made into hosenfefer night 5.

there are 16 imaginary characters left, it takes 9 to lynch. Good luck.
MikeEnIke
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by MikeEnIke »

The pens organization is the real winner here. Without their opportunistic moves and incredible gamesmanship, it's no wonder the Flyers' organization doesn't even compare. I wish one day, that we could obtain the intelligence Shero has.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I'd say dagny, tfrizz or twc.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

newarenanow wrote:If I die, I say kill dags.
What's your reasoning?
MikeEnIke
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by MikeEnIke »

I'm all about a dagny vote. We just need one bad RP to come up to bring us out of the slump, much like Crosby did as savior of the Penguins. I just wish the Flyers' team had someone to bring their team out like that.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

You know what I know? I really think that the Pens are doomed. It's not for lack of offense, it's not for lack of defense, but simply goalie play. Halak is such a beast compared to Fleury. Fluery is weak on the rebounds, his behind the net play is spotty at best, and he's too reactionary. Plain and simple, Halak is going to eat the Pens alive, and he's going to stop Crosby like he did with Ovechkin. For real, it's more than obvious that Halak is the second coming of Roy, Hasek, Fatboy. Believe that. Evgeni Malkin isn't going to get past him either so don't even get me started about that.
MikeEnIke
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by MikeEnIke »

Malkamaniac wrote:You know what I know? I really think that the Pens are doomed. It's not for lack of offense, it's not for lack of defense, but simply goalie play. Halak is such a beast compared to Fleury. Fluery is weak on the rebounds, his behind the net play is spotty at best, and he's too reactionary. Plain and simple, Halak is going to eat the Pens alive, and he's going to stop Crosby like he did with Ovechkin. For real, it's more than obvious that Halak is the second coming of Roy, Hasek, Fatboy. Believe that. Evgeni Malkin isn't going to get past him either so don't even get me started about that.
At least you don't have the terrible team that is the Flyers. You have what it takes to make it in the playoffs.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

dagny wrote:I'm assuming jays got a package, unless the way he's posting is a ramification of something else.

But, after being told there was a recruit, we can't overlook that he's obviously got some kind of requirement he has to post under. I would think if he were the recruit, the game mod wouldn't give him a requirement that would stick out like a sore thumb, but we never know.

I'm leaning toward package.
dagny wrote:I just thought of someone else I'd be willing to vote for, in addition to Loney or badhands. slappy.

He's flown waaaay under the radar, thrown out some in character comments, but hasn't attempted to add anything or figure things out. He's also normally frothing at the mouth to lynch me.

In trying to think about who has flown under my radar, and when I say that it doesn't mean not posting. It means being present, but making sure not to ADD anything or try to help, mac has stuck out to me.

When I said there were like 5 people I wanted to vote for, he was one that I didn't want to name, because you name too many and that's no help. :lol:

So....

Having NO concrete info to go on, Loney and badhands are more "gut" choices, plus one canaan.

Taking a pragmatic approach, and having no concrete info to go on, I'd look at who is participating but not adding anything other than posts. If you've ever been a baddie, then you know how hard it is to balance looking like a villager while still trying not to help the village.

slappy and mac fit the last description for me.

I've already cast a vote for badhands.

As of now, the people I'm willing to vote for, are Loney, bh, slappy, or mac, and my reasons are above.
I'd also like to add PFIDC as someone I'd forgotten was playing.

The baddies haven't killed me, either because I'm on the the completely wrong track or completely right track, but ultimately they know the village will kill me for them. I'm actually surprised it hasn't happened yet, they probably are too.

I'm ready to die, especially if it'll get you guys to stop focusing on me and answer some questions, but I wanted to repost my thoughts, in case they may be helpful.

Loney, slappy, mac

jaysmiter (?)

PFIDC, and I'll also add NAN after that last post of his right before the write up. When you see that I'm blue, you'll understand why.

I'll vote for any of the above people, or myself, if it means getting this show on the road.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Give my regards to the king, and the queen, and the jack, and the 10 of diamonds.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

And why has nobody called out the "weird" posting?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

MWB wrote:
newarenanow wrote:If I die, I say kill dags.
What's your reasoning?
I personally think they(the baddies) are steering the game so the main portion of it is played in the later evening hours.

Once everyone is gone and home a baddie or two will hang out with the late night crew, steer the direction of some votes, knowing it's still early and people will bandwagon. And since the night phase is during the peak day hours, it is relatively quiet in the game. Not much speculation or things going on, which hurts the village.

Dags is a westcoaster and this fits her schedule well, and she may be smart enough to think of an outside the box strategy.

Also, I don't know if it's coincidence or not, but I saw the first dags post of the day in NHR, came here, and saw c2i with a write up coming.

Then again, I could be completely wrong. But just look at the way the game is going right now.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

MikeEnIke wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:You know what I know? I really think that the Pens are doomed. It's not for lack of offense, it's not for lack of defense, but simply goalie play. Halak is such a beast compared to Fleury. Fluery is weak on the rebounds, his behind the net play is spotty at best, and he's too reactionary. Plain and simple, Halak is going to eat the Pens alive, and he's going to stop Crosby like he did with Ovechkin. For real, it's more than obvious that Halak is the second coming of Roy, Hasek, Fatboy. Believe that. Evgeni Malkin isn't going to get past him either so don't even get me started about that.
At least you don't have the terrible team that is the Flyers. You have what it takes to make it in the playoffs.
are you kidding me? Even the flyers have a better goaltender than Fleury.

I just fail to see that the Penguins will be able to penetrate(haha) the Habs defensive system. Gionta and Camallotie are going to eat fluery alive. I can't even say this enough to be honest. Halak is going to steal this series from the Penguins. I mean hell, you can look at it any way you want to. Even here in imagination land, it's plain to see from a 300 foot fat marshmallow guy that Fleury is and will be never as good as Halak. At this point in the game there isn't even debate about it. I just don't get why people in the Pens General don't agree. If I had Jim's help, I'm sure we could persuade them otherwise.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

dagny wrote:And why has nobody called out the "weird" posting?
I'm willing to look at that too.

The "weird" posters have flown under the radar the last few games because people have brushed it off as just a "package" or some role and wouldn't think a baddie would call so much attention to themselves.

I'm sure one of the weird posters is bad.
BadHands71
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by BadHands71 »

dagny wrote:And why has nobody called out the "weird" posting?
Dont' have the energy. Didn't even have the energy to defend myself against lynching. :face:
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

BTW,

lynch dags
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

So far, it's been beneficial for the baddies to keep me alive because it keeps suspicion focused on me. It's time to get rid of me to eliminate that, so you guys can try to actually salvage this game.

Unless there's a consensus on someone else, lynch dagny
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

lynch dagny

I hate it when people do this.

Also, mikeenike could be a good candidate. Playing the "Flyers hate" as a package would be a good way to stay in.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

dagny wrote:So far, it's been beneficial for the baddies to keep me alive because it keeps suspicion focused on me. It's time to get rid of me to eliminate that, so you guys can try to actually salvage this game.

It's a good idea because you keep focusing on yourself. No one else has mentioned anything about you really. A couple of feelers, but nothing out of the oridinary.

So it's getting pretty suspicious IMO that you just keep referring to yourself in this game. And like you said, it is now getting confusing.

I've never seen anyone post about themselves being suspcious before. I don't know why you are doing it this game.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Yes, what nan said.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

dagny wrote:So far, it's been beneficial for the baddies to keep me alive because it keeps suspicion focused on me. It's time to get rid of me to eliminate that, so you guys can try to actually salvage this game.

I don't even know how to read this... it's either a brave move by a baddie, or a selfless move for the good of the village.

lynch dagny.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

tfrizz wrote:

I don't even know how to read this... it's either a brave move by a baddie, or a selfless move for the good of the village.

lynch dagny.
Either that, or a move by a villager thinking they are bigger than the rest of the village and doesn't understand why they haven't been killed early when the other "good" players have been killed, there-by being taken off their game and causing more confusion in the village trying to determine why they are still alive instead of focusing on finding a baddie.
:pop: