Complaints, Suggestions, and Ideas

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Complaints, Suggestions, and Ideas

Post by the wicked child »

Despite some overall fun themes, the games seem to have been losing some steam as of late. People aren't participating as much... I'm noticing a lot of bitterness amongst the villages. I think it would be good to have a place where people can voice their opinions on what they like/dislike about games, ideas for future games, general :scared: ... whatever you like. The voices of the NHR Gamers must be heard.

Some sample topics:

Time Limits
Roles Revealed VS In The Dark
Game size
Mafia VS Werewolves VS Slugs VS Jellyfish
Too Many Games? Not Enough Games?

Maybe you just have an idea for a theme that you'd like to see, but don't want to mod yourself... Maybe you want to discuss why NAN is teh NAN... Anything is fair game.
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Complaints, Suggestions, and Ideas

Post by cup keeper »

I think maybe we've gone overboard with how quick we are coming back with one game after another.

Especially at this time of year with the weather being nicer and the Pens being in the playoffs, there are other things that have peoples attention that are more fun than these games.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

agree. i, for one, also dont really like the separate forum.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

mac5155 wrote:agree. i, for one, also dont really like the separate forum.
I don't understand why this is even an issue.

There is a handy "View your posts" link right next to your (X new messages) link that links to every post you have posted in.

The forum shouldn't make a difference.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaa
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

jaysmiter wrote:
mac5155 wrote:agree. i, for one, also dont really like the separate forum.
I don't understand why this is even an issue.

There is a handy "View your posts" link right next to your (X new messages) link that links to every post you have posted in.

The forum shouldn't make a difference.
i cant get in the habit of doing that... plus everythings just all jumbled together there.

forget i said anything :pop:
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

the layoffs between games made them more fun. its like... Pizza Hut. It tastes great if you get it every so often (order out)... but not so much everyday (college mealplan)...

Idk. thats my only complaint. i find myself taking a game off here and there. some people dont, but need to. there drive to play isnt there if they dont get a role lol
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

my only complaint is people complain too much :pop:
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

count2infinity wrote:my only complaint is people complain too much :pop:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

one major difference now is that we have almost always had a game going. A couple games had breaks, but a lot have been back to back as well.

We used to not have games during the season, save for Xmas time... And I think that made the games more of a special event.

I am thinking after the current game we should have a hiatus until after the playoffs. At that point, there will be less distractions and hopefully renewed passion. p :D
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

i was going to wait until after the playoffs, but i thought i'd get some complaints....
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

I agree about the separate forum not being a problem. I have separate bookmarks for the Index Page and the NHR Games page. I just make a point to check both. However, I think it was helpful when the actual game threads (and only those threads) were set off with asterisks, as in

*** WOOPTY-LAND GAME THREAD ***
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

I do think the playoffs are an issue here.

But I also agree with Senka that some players need to take a game or two off if they're not going to participate. If that means we have a few games with 10-12 players, then so be it.

Also, it would be helpful for my personal participation if you folks would stop voting me off so early. :wink: :lol:

Finally, there are obviously some personality clashes going on right now. Looking back through all the game threads, that's not uncommon. But it is a little personal and bitter right now. I suppose it will eventually resolve itself.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

My only complaint is people saying hardly anything, especially later in the game.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

the wicked child wrote:one major difference now is that we have almost always had a game going. A couple games had breaks, but a lot have been back to back as well.

We used to not have games during the season, save for Xmas time... And I think that made the games more of a special event.

I am thinking after the current game we should have a hiatus until after the playoffs. At that point, there will be less distractions and hopefully renewed passion. p :D
Agreed. The next game should be delayed until after the playoffs... at that point, leave at least a one week break between games and that should help the situation a little.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

tfrizz wrote:
the wicked child wrote:one major difference now is that we have almost always had a game going. A couple games had breaks, but a lot have been back to back as well.

Agreed. The next game should be delayed until after the playoffs... at that point, leave at least a one week break between games and that should help the situation a little.
It will be - twc and I have already decided that.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I've just been more busy at work and haven't been able to contribute that much.

My only complaint is, getting all the RPS to respond. You make a vote, early in the day, and then it's not until the next day you can really play again.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

newarenanow wrote:I've just been more busy at work and haven't been able to contribute that much.

My only complaint is, getting all the RPS to respond. You make a vote, early in the day, and then it's not until the next day you can really play again.
Well, this is getting back into the debate on time limits and how fast a game should go...

I mean, technically, if there is a time limit the RPs have every right to wait it out. There absolutely should be time to discuss what's going on and who to kill and the pros and cons of each. Or who to investigate, who to protect if you can't protect yourself every night, who to shoot...etc.

I have no problem with the time limits. Time limits work. I think it makes it so there is more discussion during the day phase. And it gives people time to think at night.

With the past few games, it's just been bandwagon kills after bandwagon kills. PFiDC's game had 30 players and took 4 days. FOUR days. Games used to take 2 weeks with less people. Now, I understand that if people aren't participating it's hard to draw info so bandwagon kills happen.

I'm thinking the playoffs/end of the regular season are really affecting that, along with busy times at work/school for people. Spring is always a tough time, and I'm thinking once the playoffs are over and summer hits, this will pick way up.

Other than that...I mean, everything else is awesome. We're getting some different variety in the games. We're getting different voices in. We're even still getting some new blood into the games (though we've lost people, as well).

On a side note, I could watch Giada cook things all day...

Anyway, I digress, I think we're doing things pretty well, but we're in a funk right now.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I definitely think you should think through before putting in your response as a RP. However, I've been a seer, vig, angel, and a baddie, along with other roles. And everytime, especially when you are a good RP that has to make your own decission, I come to a decission during game play and have a good idea what I am going to do once the vote is complete.

And when I was a baddie, there was communication during the voting phase and we pretty much knew what we wanted to do as soon as the vote was done.

I personally think some people hold off just to hold off. That worked before when people would chatter at night a ton. But now everyone is smart enough to not really do that, so nothing comes out of it.

I don't mind the quicker games either. I don't mind bandwagons, especially at the beginning. You truly don't have much to go on, and not everyone is going to view everything the same. I think it's worse when votes are sitting at like 4 votes for 5 different people. It gets you nowhere IMO. I'd rather thin the herd. But that is just different styles.

I don't mind playing during the season. Gives me something to do at work. But work has been pretty busy. So I can't focus as much, but I can still follow what is going on.

If 20-30 people are signing up for every game, then there is still a demand. If people are bored, just don't sign up.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

nan,

bandwagon kills are fine the first day or two of the game...but when it's day 6 and the village is still bandwagoning because either no one is participating enough or no one cares enough to think...that's where the problem comes in.

And, playing during the season is fine. I think playoffs are just bad. People are too interested in every game, moreso than the regular season.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

jaysmiter wrote:nan,

bandwagon kills are fine the first day or two of the game...but when it's day 6 and the village is still bandwagoning because either no one is participating enough or no one cares enough to think...that's where the problem comes in.
I think the problem right now is, once the vote is done, the RPs aren't making their decisions until night. Then there are a handful of players that are playing the game when most people are sleeping, and then once morning comes, there is already a vote going.

The vote ends around noon because of a time limit, and then we just sit here the rest of the day.

I'm very bored right now with this game. Not the fault of the mod or anything, just the timing of things.

But as for the bandwagons, people just play differently. I don't mind them early. It weeds people out. But everyone has their own opinion.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

There doesn't need to be anything officially established for how long of a break, or even if there needs to be a break.

Part of the point of the separate forum is so that those who want to play, CAN play. Those don't, don't have to. There is nothing stating there can only be one game at a time. It's a whole forum. People can play as much as they want, or as little as they want.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

dagny wrote:There doesn't need to be anything officially established for how long of a break, or even if there needs to be a break.

Part of the point of the separate forum is so that those who want to play, CAN play. Those don't, don't have to. There is nothing stating there can only be one game at a time. It's a whole forum. People can play as much as they want, or as little as they want.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

If you can't play. DO NOT sign up.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

If you can't sign up. DO NOT play.