Should Polls be confined to their own board?

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Yes
46%
No
54%

Total votes: 26

DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

So how about it?
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Bowser »

If RJ doesn't mind, I'd say yes.

As much as I like polls, there seems to be too many of them already.
bcPENS
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by bcPENS »

i say yes or at least tag them at the bottom of the page or something. that may be too much work though
Peter

Post by Peter »

I feel so bad for RJ. Everyone's telling him how to run his board. He's a smart guy, if he wants to change something he will. I think we should back off. This isn't directed toward you DelPen, but over the last 3 days everyone wants RJ to make changes to the board. I know they are just suggestions but the man's gotta be annoyed by now. :lol:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by netwolf »

Don't feel bad for the gorilla. He asked for comments and opinions. When he's had enough, he'll tell us all to shut up anyway. :)

I don't see the need for a separate poll forum. As long as the poll is in the correct place subject wise, you can easily bypass them if you aren't interested in voting. They are the posts that start with Poll:

Finally, does anyone else appreciate the irony of a poll that asks about polls? :lol:
bcPENS
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by bcPENS »

If anything I think they should be seperate because people don't post many messages on them and they get bumped down quickly and are not that effective. Just my two cents and just a suggestion for the future.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I think polls are going to be dropped. I should have disabled them to begin with.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by netwolf »

Admin wrote:I think polls are going to be dropped. I should have disabled them to begin with.
I blame the people that voted against tater tots in the NHR forum. It brought to light a dark side of the LGP.com community that we all wish had never been seen. :P
BJL
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by BJL »

I was wondering when we'd have a poll about polls...

RJ... just make it so you're the only one that can post polls.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by FallenHero96 »

How about instead of moving them or dropping them... people dont post 40 of them. Do we have to let dumb people ruin things for everyone?
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

I very much enjoy the polling feature and am not sure why everyone would have any issues with them. It's not like they take up oodles of real estate. I think they provide a fun twist to the forum. I'm sure they will slow down once people get over the newness phase.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Ron` »

netwolf wrote:
Admin wrote:I think polls are going to be dropped. I should have disabled them to begin with.
I blame the people that voted against tater tots in the NHR forum. It brought to light a dark side of the LGP.com community that we all wish had never been seen. :P
RJ, I am not totally against polls, to many in one day makes it look corny. Maybe one topic a week or something selected by you and suggested by members. Not a totally bad idea to have polls, just in moderation.