MEME WARS (clique wins!)

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: MEME WARS (teh gaem thred)

Post by Malkamaniac »

the wicked child wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:Didn't I say something along the lines of, if he was the good angel, the baddies would of made an attempt to kill him?

Awfully strange.]
why would the clique waste a night on the angel when they are obviously going to protect themself? Unless they have a roleblocker, the angel can't die unless we delete them... pretty simple stuff, really.

I'm sure it is coiincidence that jays completely avoided the dagny vote and started a bandwagon on someone who had 1 post. On top of that, if you go back and look, he had some interactions with her that stand out to me.
Every game I've played, the Angel isn't able to protect every night. So it's not entirely out of the option for the baddies to make a run.

I'm basically sold on Jays, but with the mention of making a fast run, I'm against that highly.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

shafnutz05 wrote:Jay = 100% chance of troll
Redwill = 100% chance of troll
KS = 85% chance of troll
beerman = giving him benefit of doubt for now
Har. Har. Go ahead and vote for me THIS round. DO IT!

I want to see your reaction when I die and turn up simple blue.

I've voted for c2i the past two rounds. I made clear the first time that it was just a Day 2 (or 3) feeling. The next day, no one better presented themselves when I was on the board. I'm still considering going with him again (which seems pointless) or switching. I'm going to look at a few folks again and see what turns up.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Malkamaniac wrote:Didn't I say something along the lines of, if he was the good angel, the baddies would of made an attempt to kill him?

Awfully strange.

restore dagny

Aside from your nonsensical restore dagny vote, I might as well be open with my protection powers. There is no limit on my protection....i.e., I can protect myself every night, which I have done. I figure it doesn't hurt telling us that at this point in the game. I am the ambalamps, the good angel. The evidence behind Jaysmiter and Redwill is so ridiculous, I don't know how you can honestly not cast that vote. Kicksave's is not quite as strong, but I am about 99.99% sure on Jay and Redwill. We are getting down to crunch time here...there aren't many regular memes left in relation to the amount of trolls. If we F up one vote, we are in trouble. JAY IS RED.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

redwill wrote:
KS = 85% chance of troll

haha....oh I am definitely calling your bluff after this round. There is absolutely no other reason why dagny would have stuck her neck on the line earlier in this game to post an entire freaking paragraph about why she thinks you are good this game. Why in the heck would she do that, if, God forbid, you ended up getting voted on? The ONLY reason for dagny to be that adamant about your innocence is you are a relatively important RP for the trolls. Unless other people let you, there is no way you are getting off the hook.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Back to work again....come on people!!! jaysmiter and redwill are two gimmies, and KS might be another. Don't let me down!
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

I'm not saying I don't not agree with the evidence against jays, but you said it yourself, if we screw this one up we're screwed. I'm not going to rush it.

Another thing that bothers me is dagny saying that she thought redwill was good but then she turned up red. Another thing to think about.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Kicksave wrote:I'm not saying I don't not agree with the evidence against jays, but you said it yourself, if we screw this one up we're screwed. I'm not going to rush it.

Another thing that bothers me is dagny saying that she thought redwill was good but then she turned up red. Another thing to think about.
Fair enough. I am perfectly willing to switch from jaysmiter to redwill....as a matter of fact, I am willing to do that first before we vote for jay. Y'all decide what you want to do, and I am game. But it HAS to be for one of those two people.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

shafnutz05 wrote:
redwill wrote:
KS = 85% chance of troll

haha....oh I am definitely calling your bluff after this round. There is absolutely no other reason why dagny would have stuck her neck on the line earlier in this game to post an entire freaking paragraph about why she thinks you are good this game. Why in the heck would she do that, if, God forbid, you ended up getting voted on? The ONLY reason for dagny to be that adamant about your innocence is you are a relatively important RP for the trolls. Unless other people let you, there is no way you are getting off the hook.
There's just as good of a chance she did that to bait someone into thinking this. The first thing we always do when we find a baddie is look at the names they mentioned. I'd say it's 50/50 as to whether she was trying to throw us off of him or make us vote for him thinking she was protecting him.

I'm not defending redwill (as I already said I could defintely get behind a vote for him) just pointing out that imo there's good reason for her do have done that one way or the other.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Malkamaniac wrote:Every game I've played, the Angel isn't able to protect every night. So it's not entirely out of the option for the baddies to make a run.

I'm basically sold on Jays, but with the mention of making a fast run, I'm against that highly.
Angel = No restrictions on protection
Doctor = Usually can't protect the same person each night

The role in this game is listed as angel... so I am going to assume they can protect themselves each night.

Either way, since we already killed the seer and vig ourselves, the angel really isn't as powerful. Sure, they can't die at night, but that just means they can pick someone else and be confident the person will die.

If you're sure jays is red, I don't really see what waiting around does for us. It allows trolls to come in and try to sway the vote, like happened twice with dagny. If we had just stuck with dagny 2 days ago, we still have a vig. Instead, 3 more people died before we finally got around to taking her out. I don't want to repeat that.

Also, we are far from "screwed" if we "mess up". it is 10 to 4 right now... hardly time to panic. Pretty sure it's going to be 10-3 if we follow through.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

than its determined....LETS VOTE FOR JAY!!!! People are already trying to cast doubt on both this vote AND redwill's....beerman is one of them. Kicksave is also on the radar. There are four trolls left, and there are four names............do it. If I am wrong on jay, I'll be shocked.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

shafnutz05 wrote:
Kicksave wrote:Also, I'm not 100% ready to throw my vote behind a bandwagon that shaf rushed to start. Just because you came out as a good RP the first day doesn't give you 100% creditability in my eyes yet.
I also STARTED the vote for dagny yesterday.........busted.

Vote for jaysmiter today, redwill tomorrow, and kicksave the next day. That will get us (hopefully) down to 1 troll. A couple other people thought KS was suspicious too.

I had no reason to START a vote for dags if I was bad...I can see joining her bandwagon, but certainly not starting it.

If I die tonight, vote for redwill and kicksave the next two days. This will lead to the truth...
NO. NO YOU DID NOT. I AM THE ONE WHO KILLEDDAGNY AND HAVE WANTD TO FOR DAYS. DAGNY IS MY KILL
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

shafnutz05 wrote:I understand the urge not to rush the bandwagon, but I started a fast one on dagny yesterday and nailed it. The evidence behind jay and redwill is as strong as any. Ride the hot hand until it burns out.
NO YOUR HAND IS NOT HOT, I AM THE ONE WHO WANTED TO KILL DAGNY, THAT IS MY KILL DO NOT TAKE CREDIT FOR THAT
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

If the concensus is redwill and jaysmiter, I'd be much more comfortable with a redwill vote. Dagny coming out and protecting him and calling him good is much more damning than jaysmiter voting for mac, in my eyes. It was early and we threw around a few theories and we killed the quiet one. Hardly out of the norm.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Kicksave wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:I understand the urge not to rush the bandwagon, but I started a fast one on dagny yesterday and nailed it. The evidence behind jay and redwill is as strong as any. Ride the hot hand until it burns out.
When in this game has it ever been good for the village to rush votes because "someone" has a hot hand.

dags was started by slappy 2 days ago and it went from there. Since she hasn't participated that much, It's almost like you're throwing her under the bus to gain some creditability to rush the next few day phases.
THANK YOU KS
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

the wicked child wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:Every game I've played, the Angel isn't able to protect every night. So it's not entirely out of the option for the baddies to make a run.

Angel = No restrictions on protection
Doctor = Usually can't protect the same person each night

The role in this game is listed as angel... so I am going to assume they can protect themselves each night.

Either way, since we already killed the seer and vig ourselves, the angel really isn't as powerful. Sure, they can't die at night, but that just means they can pick someone else and be confident the person will die.

If you're sure jays is red, I don't really see what waiting around does for us. It allows trolls to come in and try to sway the vote, like happened twice with dagny. If we had just stuck with dagny 2 days ago, we still have a vig. Instead, 3 more people died before we finally got around to taking her out. I don't want to repeat that.

Also, we are far from "screwed" if we "mess up". it is 10 to 4 right now... hardly time to panic. Pretty sure it's going to be 10-3 if we follow through.
For reference, I was the angel last game and was only able to protect every other night. Well this was the game prior to NPv's crazy game.

Since Shaf made his protection ability known, I'm good for it. Also, I never said we were screwed.

I'm between Jays and Redwill.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Yeah, KS wanting to go redwill kinda screams vote jays to me and KS tomorrow. But that's just me. :pop:
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

I ALSO SUPPORT A JAYS VOTE BUT IMMA CHILL FA NOW
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

There is no reason to switch off of jays at this point. There are a lot of people saying its a good move but not voting.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

shafnutz05 wrote:than its determined....LETS VOTE FOR JAY!!!! People are already trying to cast doubt on both this vote AND redwill's....beerman is one of them. Kicksave is also on the radar. There are four trolls left, and there are four names............do it. If I am wrong on jay, I'll be shocked.
I'm not trying to cast doubt on either vote. Look at my first post today they were the two names I mentioned, I was simply trying to offer my thoughts. Just because I said the jays vote picked up steam doesn't mean I think it's a bad vote or that your bad for starting it. There could be a chance he isn't bad and a few of the baddies jumped in to get the wagon rolling so when others come in they see the vote's halfway there and just join in.

With redwill I was only trying to offer an alternate suggestion as to why dags would make the post she did. IMO there's every bit as good a chance that she did that to make us look at redwill (ie he is good) as there was she was trying to sway us from voting him(ie he's bad).

In the end I think one of jays and redwill is bad and the other probably isn't. There's good evidence for both but I don't think both end up bad, that's why I wanted to take more time with this vote. I do feel better about the vote for jays though. So...

delete Jays
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Another c2i vote won't go anywhere, so I'll

delete jaysmiter

to get shafnutz closer to his opportunity to call my bluff.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

5 - Jaysmiter

8 to delete
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

Woah. Alright. Wasn't around all day yesterday and just woke up...

Why am I bad again?

Because I didn't like the dagny vote and suggested Mac?

I just want to be clear on this.

Honestly, I didn't like the dagny vote. Seemed way too "wah, dagny spited me earlier so we'll do it for the lulz this game." I offered an alternative to those who maybe felt the same way. I was wrong on both mac and dagny...if that's enough to get me killed, then...so be it.

I am fairly certain redwill is a bad guy. How many times did dagny say "no, no...redwill's good. trust my radar!" Let's face it...dagny knows a bit about playing this game. She would have her redwill radar going whether good or bad...if they were on the same team, why would she say he is bad? If they weren't on the same team, why would she say he is good?

It doesn't make sense.

I'm glad to see some people speaking sensibly and not blindly bandwagoning...it's not day 1, people. There is stuff to look at.

Oh, and don't disagree with Shaf...or you'll 100% be bad :roll:
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

the wicked child wrote:Yeah, KS wanting to go redwill kinda screams vote jays to me and KS tomorrow. But that's just me. :pop:
I'm not saying vote one way or the other. I just said I'd personally be more comfortable with a redwill vote. I mean, a baddie came out and called him good.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Kicksave wrote:I'm not saying vote one way or the other. I just said I'd personally be more comfortable with a redwill vote. I mean, a baddie came out and called him good.
She also did the same last game when everyone was bad (and he was in another family). I see it as one of 2 things:

1. They are both bad and she's trying to protect him
2. She was trying to gain his trust by saying he was good, because she knew he was good. Also that we would likely kill him later when she turned up bad. win-win for her.

If it was indeed 1, it was a very bad play by her because it felt to me like she was really trying to sell that she thought he was good.

I dunno. I just don't believe jays is good right now. I'll revisit the redwill situation tomorrow, unless someone has other evidence.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

If it's not obvious, I do a lot more thinking than I post. But thinking can sometimes be dangerous... much like a Kris Letang slapshot for those standing beside the net.

Anyway, I'm starting to feel **** again so I'm going back to bed for a bit.