TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: TV Shows

Post by eddysnake »

Anyone watch Castle? Really underated show, never hear much about it. I just started watching it this season, but last weeks 1st part episode was really good, looking foward to tonight.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

While I think The Office has had a down year, this past week's episode where they went to Happy Hour was pretty funny.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:While I think The Office has had a down year, this past week's episode where they went to Happy Hour was pretty funny.
I thought that episode was brilliant. Date Mike had me rofl.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Hi, my name is Mike. Nice to meet me. How do you like your eggs in the morning?
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

Kicksave wrote:Hi, my name is Mike. Nice to meet me. How do you like your eggs in the morning?
:)

That was some good stuff right there.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

I loved how the hat changed everything.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Best part of that episode was the Japanese guy at the end. "I kill yakuza boss. I good surgeon."
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

Family guy is officially over. Last night's episode was the worst one ever. Just awful.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

I am going to say this...and will probably get me crucified...

I don't find the Office funny.

or 30 Rock.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

jaysmiter wrote:I am going to say this...and will probably get me crucified...

or 30 Rock.
cant say that ive watched 30 rock, but i dont find tracy morgan funny.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

or 30 Rock.
I sometimes enjoy the Office, but also never found 30 rock to be funny. Most sitcoms are just bad anymore, what happened?
BadHands71
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by BadHands71 »

Chefpatrick871 wrote:I sometimes enjoy the Office, but also never found 30 rock to be funny. Most sitcoms are just bad anymore, what happened?
I don't enjoy The Office as much now as I used to. 30 rock never grabbed me.

Favorite sitcom that's currently on is 2 and 1/2 Men.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

or 30 Rock.

I can see that. I watch both shows, and I like them both. But a lot of of the episodes are hit or miss.

One week, I'll be like "why do I watch this" and then the next I'm laughing my butt off.

It's not for everyone.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

BadHands71 wrote: Favorite sitcom that's currently on is 2 and 1/2 Men.
That was my favorite when it first came out, but now I don't really watch it anymore.

It's the same thing every single week now. And now that the 1/2man is now grown up, he lost his usefullness.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

That's how I feel NAN, now its just how many dirty jokes can they fit in an 18 minute sitcom
BadHands71
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by BadHands71 »

newarenanow wrote:
BadHands71 wrote: Favorite sitcom that's currently on is 2 and 1/2 Men.
That was my favorite when it first came out, but now I don't really watch it anymore.

It's the same thing every single week now. And now that the 1/2man is now grown up, he lost his usefullness.
True. Honestly, i don't watch it much either now, but I do like it. I'm especially partial to Raymond and Seinfeld. Those are just classic.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

eddysnake wrote:Anyone watch Castle? Really underated show, never hear much about it. I just started watching it this season, but last weeks 1st part episode was really good, looking foward to tonight.
Yeah i've been watching it since it started...kind of. I've been missing 3 episodes and then catching up with it since the beginning. Its pretty amazing, Nathan Fillion always delivers entertaining characters. All of the characters are strong and i've really enjoyed the show.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

the past few weeks ive started watching parks and rec. very silly
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I made a thread about it when it first aired, but has anyone been watching How To Make It in America? I'm catching up on it tonight and i'm kind of into it. I'll definitely be watching the rest of the first season.

EDIT: I just searched for the thread, and no one responded in it lulz. I deleted it. Here is the entire text it contained:
Did anyone watch the first episode of this show? I don't even know what day its on, but its on HBO, I procured it online(legally even, it was free on itunes for a while, not sure if it still is) and watched it today. I'm pretty sure I hate it, but i'll probably watch another episode. Its done by Marky Marks company, like Entourage, and feels like its trying to do the same thing as Entourage. Its trying to capture some kind of trendy New York lifestyle like Entourage tries to capture the hollywood lifestyle. The problem is I don't care about trashy New York losers trying to get by in New York the way I care about trashy New York losers turned rich LA celebs that get with hot chicks.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

newarenanow wrote:

or 30 Rock.

I can see that. I watch both shows, and I like them both. But a lot of of the episodes are hit or miss.

One week, I'll be like "why do I watch this" and then the next I'm laughing my butt off.

It's not for everyone.
I don't watch 30 Rock but this is exactly how I feel about the Office. I either love the episode or I feel like I wasted a half hour there isn't much in between.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

BadHands71 wrote:True. Honestly, i don't watch it much either now, but I do like it. I'm especially partial to Raymond and Seinfeld. Those are just classic.
Never was much of a Seinfeld fan, but Everybody Loves Raymond is probably my favorite show ever.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

How anyone liked Everyone Loves Raymond is beyond me.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Idoit40fans wrote:
eddysnake wrote:Anyone watch Castle? Really underated show, never hear much about it. I just started watching it this season, but last weeks 1st part episode was really good, looking foward to tonight.
Yeah i've been watching it since it started...kind of. I've been missing 3 episodes and then catching up with it since the beginning. Its pretty amazing, Nathan Fillion always delivers entertaining characters. All of the characters are strong and i've really enjoyed the show.
I hear a lot of people talking about Firefly and Serenity with Nathan Fillion. I think he's hilarious on Castle, anyone watch Firefly or Serenity, thinking about picking up the series...
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

Kicksave wrote:How anyone liked Everyone Loves Raymond is beyond me.
That and Seinfeld are my two favorite shows. :scared:
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

eddysnake wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
I hear a lot of people talking about Firefly and Serenity with Nathan Fillion. I think he's hilarious on Castle, anyone watch Firefly or Serenity, thinking about picking up the series...
Firefly and Serenity are amazing. Firefly is easily one of my favorite shows of all time, and Serenity works well as a standalone movie, but is incredible as an "end" to the series. Firefly is an awesome show with great characters, engaging storylines, a solid overarching plot, but when it comes down to it the show is worth watching for Nathan Fillion alone. He's fantastic, was born to play the role, and I couldn't imagine anyone else playing Mal. I'd say that its worth you checking out.

If you decide to give it a go, buy or rent the DVDs. The episodes on Hulu (the show was there the last time I checked) are the original broadcast versions of the show, which are a mess. Fox aired the second episode first, skipped numerous episodes, and used the pilot as the last episode they aired. Though Hulu has the episodes in the correct order, the editing Fox did to have the show make some sort of sense during the initial broadcast are still present and extremely unnecessary.