Re: *** FANTASY WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Post by IrishEyes »

Good job, everyone! Especially jay. Great modding job! :thumb: :thumb:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Troy Loney wrote:did you change roles TWC?
Yeah. I was recruited the night after crayz didn't die.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Twice this game was on the verge of total victory and twice it was stolen away... once by myself and once by dagny. Ironically, we were then both responsible for the draw.

What a game jays + Malks. Great stuff.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

I don't know if I like being good, then bad, then bad for another faction in the same game or not.

I think not because I had no clue what to do or say at the end lol.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Zarovich wrote:I don't know if I like being good, then bad, then bad for another faction in the same game or not.

I think not because I had no clue what to do or say at the end lol.

A little too much role switching for me....and being a cult minion was teh suck. Why would i want to play if someone is just telling me what to do the whole time.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

canaan was protected from search by me also. I researched him, not azkar and canaan came back blue. That was a big difference in the game.

Even though I didn't get my powers back after the cult broke up, great game guys. I had loads of fun!
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Good game.

Crazy stuff going on at all times.

The switching and moving and different factions changing made it very difficult.

One minute you could believe someone, the next, you couldn't.

I'd like to see everything that happened.
MikeEnIke
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by MikeEnIke »

You went after corvidae dags? =/

Good game all, I was almost hoping for an epic showdown between angel and darkness.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

One thing that kinda changed the course of the game is that the day after mac killed Troy, wallflower saw Azkar ask Malks if he got his PM in the chat. We killed him that night instead of canaan. Not only did canaan end up surviving 2 more nights (I went after Zaro my first night), but he almost won. In addition, dagny turned into a killer and started taking people out.

Also FTR, and wf can confirm this... I figured out Mike was the angel the night we killed canaan, but before Zaro was flipped. Fortunately, I went for canaan and not Mike that night or the game would have been over.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

the wicked child wrote:One thing that kinda changed the course of the game is that the day after mac killed Troy, wallflower saw Azkar ask Malks if he got his PM in the chat.
Which is funny, because though Azkar had a role, it didn't involve him PMing the mods. Ha ha.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

the wicked child wrote:One thing that kinda changed the course of the game is that the day after mac killed Troy, wallflower saw Azkar ask Malks if he got his PM in the chat. We killed him that night instead of canaan. Not only did canaan end up surviving 2 more nights (I went after Zaro my first night), but he almost won. In addition, dagny turned into a killer and started taking people out.

Also FTR, and wf can confirm this... I figured out Mike was the angel the night we killed canaan, but before Zaro was flipped. Fortunately, I went for canaan and not Mike that night or the game would have been over.
which sucks is because i knew that mike was the angel. Zaro came out and said that he knew who the angel was. I informed zaro to quote a post of the angel's with ... starting and ending his post so i would know who the angel was. :thumb: I thought about, and should have, telling the angel "to protect me this night no matter what other idea you have. its important to the game that i survive tonight" kinda deals and then recruit NAN (because i thought the baddies had figured out by then that Mike was the angel and they would clip him). I thought i was overthinking it and could get away with one more night...i as wrong.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

and...

all of the corvidae craziness was just me "avin' a laugh" (extras)
MikeEnIke
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by MikeEnIke »

canaan wrote:and...

I read that as if you were Hagrid.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

MikeEnIke wrote:

I read that as if you were Hagrid.
just as good :thumb:
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

Apparently, it didn't seem suspicious that I said I was going to vote for wf if we didn't hear from her before the Pens game (7:00) and TWC jumped in and voted for her at 6:52.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

sept for the breakfast one. That was my own lulz and trying to get myself investigated by Troy
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Corvidae wrote:Apparently, it didn't seem suspicious that I said I was going to vote for wf if we didn't hear from her before the Pens game (7:00) and TWC jumped in and voted for her at 6:52.
My vote had nothing to do with that actually. It was just when I happened to get home from work.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Wow!

I've only read the write up, but good game!

Hats off to you, twc.

I HAD to choose between you and corvi. Going back, it seemed when zaro cleared you was before he was recruited. Corvi was the last cultist. I'd had no suspicion of twc, til corvi brought it up.

I decided jays probably wouldn't be merciful enough to make more blue guys than red guys in the cult, so I went for corvi.

I almost went for MIkeEnIke, knowing he'd be protected, and that I'd be killed, to give you guys the next day to vote. But, what if he didn't protect himself?

Upon becoming enraged by my lovers' death, I HAD to kill every night (twc's the only one who noticed this pattern), but I was still a green rper.

I never had any power other than kill. I never received any scroll, and I was forbidden from revealing my actual role, by penalty of death. I had to lie my ass off to stay alive. Thanks to bhaw, Pavel, Corvi, Senka, canaan/juice, (and apparently twc) for the previous examples, which helped me know what to do. It never occurred to me to lie as a good guy, and I've never been a bad guy.

We may not have 'lost', but I'm sorry I made the wrong decision and we didn't WIN.

There's no pressure in this game like having the whole shebang on your shoulders, and not being able to tell who you really are.

Thanks jays!!!
MikeEnIke
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by MikeEnIke »

Haha well played dags. Was a good game all around.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Corvidae wrote:Apparently, it didn't seem suspicious that I said I was going to vote for wf if we didn't hear from her before the Pens game (7:00) and TWC jumped in and voted for her at 6:52.
You tried really hard to get mike voted out, in the last day phase, before he came out. Knowing that the last darkness knew the angel, their only play was to try to get him lynched during the day, which we were running out of. So, that made me really suspicious.

You hesitated so long on wally, continued to question mike as the angel, and then threw twc back into the mix. You were right about him, and I almost chose him, til I decided to go back and read again. :lol:

It just seemed that you were desperate to keep attention off of you.

sorry, man. we almost did it.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

dagny wrote:
You tried really hard to get mike voted out, in the last day phase, before he came out. Knowing that the last darkness knew the angel, their only play was to try to get him lynched during the day, which we were running out of. So, that made me really suspicious.

You hesitated so long on wally, continued to question mike as the angel, and then threw twc back into the mix. You were right about him, and I almost chose him, til I decided to go back and read again. :lol:

It just seemed that you were desperate to keep attention off of you.

sorry, man. we almost did it.
Yeah, sooooo close! It was very tough playing the entire game as a cult member only to get thrown into the village near the end. I did the best I could to help, but I knew there wasn't much I could do since I already had the heat on. I had to rethink everything as well, since I had to actually come up with some ideas instead of of just :scared: .

I tried to just lay out the cult members I knew and figured I'd be killed, but I kept living!
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

This game can not go down in history as a draw.

There must be a Fantasy Wars II, somewhere down the line.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

And, I never considered that the darkness could've converted twc. The one thing we didn't know could be done.

I figured it relied on whether he was converted by the cult, which I was sure he wasn't.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

To be honest...

I was amazed that you guys were so forthright in your decisions to come out as former cult members. Definitely not a play I would have made, but it was interesting to see how it all worked out.

And, just for clarification, my mercy had nothing to do with who became what after the cult disbanded. It was all up to the 2d10 I was using for a percentage.