Fantasy Wars Dead Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Fantasy Wars Dead Thread

Post by Azkar »

thehockeyguru wrote: Playing these games has been fun and is a fantastic way to side track from my work and school duties. But if your name starts with a T H and ends in a G, it has not been fun of late.
good thing you only qualify for 1 out of those 3 catagories
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

THG wrote: I would say there is somewhere between a likely chance and a highly likely chance I may sit out the next few games.
Unacceptable. Belieee Dat.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Malkamaniac wrote:
THG wrote: I would say there is somewhere between a likely chance and a highly likely chance I may sit out the next few games.
I guess it depends more on who will be moderating the next game. Any idea who it maybe?
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

thehockeyguru wrote:
dagny wrote:
thg, if you think a game mod made a mistake, and you're already dead, PM them to ask, k?
This is one of the downfalls to having new mods, new roles, and new rules each game. Every game I have been in that was the rule, and since there was no mention of a change in the status quo it makes sense that there could be a mod error. From now on I will keep things regarding the game to myself or PM the mod.
This is all beside the point. Not discussing strategy in the afterlife thread has been a constant, throughout all of the games.

What you brought up, in here, was something for the active players to realize and question. That affects the game.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

thehockeyguru wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:
I guess it depends more on who will be moderating the next game. Any idea who it maybe?

I'll play, THG, you're not going anywhere. You must play.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

dagny wrote:
This is all beside the point. Not discussing strategy in the afterlife thread has been a constant, throughout all of the games.

What you brought up, in here, was something for the active players to realize and question. That affects the game.
I wasnt aware that strategy could be derived from what appeared to me as a mod fail.

A thousand pardons.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Malkamaniac wrote:

Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

thehockeyguru wrote:
dagny wrote:

I wasnt aware that strategy could be derived from what appeared to me as a mod fail.

A thousand pardons.

No mod fail here.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

oh hai! :pop:
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

thehockeyguru wrote:
dagny wrote:

A thousand pardons.
:face:

The common sense fail is strong with this one.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

Believe me. There was no mod fail.

You people need to stop relying on previous games so damned much.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

jaysmiter wrote:Believe me. There was no mod fail.

You people need to stop relying on previous games so damned much.
next game i would say "man...these write-ups are aweful. remember jay's write-ups? those were money..."

but i guess if we're not supposed to rely on previous games, i won't... :)
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

dagny wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
dagny wrote:

A thousand pardons.
:face:

To me certain roles have certain powers. If it is not addressed prior to the game I assume that a given role maintains those powers. My common sense runneth over
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

thehockeyguru wrote:
dagny wrote:

To me certain roles have certain powers. If it is not addressed prior to the game I assume that a given role maintains those powers. My common sense runneth over
I do believe Pavel Bure, as well as others, have explained, as nauseum, the purpose and benefit to not giving every detail away. The objective of the game is to figure things out.

So, instead of blaming anyone and anything else for why you get killed so easy, and instead of whining about it all the time, perhaps you should look at your ability, or lack thereof, to execute the objective of the game for your failure.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

dagny are you still alive?
Spoiler:
:pop:
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Pavel Bure wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:

i love dune memes
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

dagny wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
dagny wrote:

I do believe Pavel Bure, as well as others, have explained, as nauseum, the purpose and benefit to not giving every detail away. The objective of the game is to figure things out.

So, instead of blaming anyone and anything else for why you get killed so easy, and instead of whining about it all the time, perhaps you should look at your ability, or lack thereof, to execute the objective of the game for your failure.

I think you are way out of line. The same exact thing happened in a prior game and I was just making sure the same mistake wasnt made again. I was wrong by bringing it up but its you that is making this into something more than it is. If a **** player like me can pick up on it I'm sure everyone else did as well.

To the mods, my apology for mentioning something game related.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

peoples got to chill

it's a game, no reason for anyone to be all edgy :D
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

Psh. I don't care about what you mentioned. It was inaccurate. Even if it would have been 100% accurate, (and this is going to sound horrible, but...I don't mean it that way, honest) no one would listen to you anyway.

So...no harm, no foul.

Just try and refrain from discussing strategy/ideas/etc in here.

If you dead-folk wanna do it privately, whether in chat or via PM, with only other dead-folk...that's fine by me. Nobody is coming back from the dead. That I am not worried about giving away.

Cool? Cool.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

jaysmiter wrote:Psh. I don't care about what you mentioned. It was inaccurate. Even if it would have been 100% accurate, (and this is going to sound horrible, but...I don't mean it that way, honest) no one would listen to you anyway.

So...no harm, no foul.

Just try and refrain from discussing strategy/ideas/etc in here.

If you dead-folk wanna do it privately, whether in chat or via PM, with only other dead-folk...that's fine by me. Nobody is coming back from the dead. That I am not worried about giving away.

Cool? Cool.
that works.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

thehockeyguru wrote:that works.
FTR, Pavel would have come up red in Jellyfish Invasion, had they not seered and killed NAN. There are 2 different ways we have played it... in a lot of the games since you started playing, we had a Godfather role; who by definition comes back innocent.

However, in pretty much all (if not all) of the pre-Pavel games, we had the concept of an "Alpha" who was not immune to the seer.

It's up to the mod in question how they want to play things.

Unfortunately, no matter how well you plan things out, when you have multiple mods communicating things via PM at different times of the day, mistakes/inconsistencies will happen.

If you are finding yourself feeling "burnt out" or annoyed, try sitting out a game or 2 to "recharge"... it works wonders. :thumb:
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

I wish I weren't dead. :(
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Same here.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

I wish you weren't dead, either, IE. Now I don't have my "IE is a prostitute" angle to fall back on when I'm running low on ideas.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

jaysmiter wrote:I wish you weren't dead, either, IE. Now I don't have my "IE is a prostitute" angle to fall back on when I'm running low on ideas.
necrophilia?