*** FANTASY WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: *** FANTASY WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Post by the wicked child »

It still kinda bothers me that pfidc gave up so easily... like he knew something.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Troy Loney wrote:1. Maybe me joining the village was a conversion. But other stuff had to have happened because the bad guys didn't kill anyone last night.

2. i said i was the seer to relay to the village that pfidc was definitely bad without the seer having to come out. the vote was far from guaranteed to go that way and thought i interpreted some people as defending pfidc (shaftnutz, IE & TWC in particular).

i think its a circular argument, but i just want that person to know that they need not come out because they are not in danger from the darkness because of my role being taken away....so basically the seer knows that if they survive the night i wasn't converted to darkness.
Ok, thanks for clearing that up a bit. Between trying to catch up through work, and the hockey game tonight, I haven't had the best time following the game.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Any particular reason for killing c2i?
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

the wicked child wrote:It still kinda bothers me that pfidc gave up so easily... like he knew something.
To be honest, when I saw PFIDC come up bad but with just the double voter role... I thought perhaps they decided to throw him to the wolves, and had Troy "come out" as the seer to gain trust. I'm certainly not discounting that possibility, but as usual we need more info to come forward.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

the wicked child wrote:It still kinda bothers me that pfidc gave up so easily... like he knew something.
It struck me as odd as well.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

MWB wrote:Any particular reason for killing c2i?
i was going to lose the kill if i didnt use it, and c2i made some posts during the relantel vote that we're going to make people go back to him the next day...(this was the same nigth we found pfidc btw)

my reasoning was just to clear up any controversy and prevent potential infighting in the village.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

the wicked child wrote:
Corvidae wrote:Night of what?
some ghey diet
i went to mcdonalds. its obviously not a diet :pop:
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

The thing about trusting redwill, though, is his ability to get people on his side when he's bad, as well as good. Not saying that I couldn't get behind a pfidc vote, but I'm never sure about redwill.

I'm in agreeance with shafnutz on cup keeper. The random "it's day 2 already. You guys have been busy." just bothers me for some reason.

Will think about it a little more before deciding.
this was the post ie made during the pfidc vote that made me target her that night.

the three i thought looked bad during the vote were shaft, twc & ie. seer investigated twc, i went after IE, and we figured shaft would get slayed the next day.

that lightning bolt was headed for IE, either she was protected or the bad guys have some sort of deflecting ability.

slay IE

finding out her identity will help clarify what the darkness is capable of.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

IrishEyes wrote:slay pfidc

Although I've already said I can't get a read on redwill, but when he's good he's usually pretty on. It's day 3, and I really don't have much else.
I'm confused... how is this defending pfidc?

And I don't know what the hell was up with troy's (as he says) attempt to kill me and it being deflected onto ck. I don't have a role in this game... so I seriously have no idea what happened there.

TWC, could you explain this Thief you speak of? It may help.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

I'm gonna read through carefully. I have a big bowl of popcorn I'm gonna eat. Too bad there isn't an emote or something for that.

dagny wrote:And, FWIW, I've had pretty good redwill radar. I'm pretty sure he's a good guy this time.
That's a great comfort to us all.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

The more I think about it the more I think we might need to get rid of TL. Even if he's telling the truth, his powers are done. If he's not, he could do some damage and will cause a lot of chaos. It could clear up a lot of questions.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

its hard to be sure that his powers are done completely, it seems that corv goes crazy every other day phase, so maybe TLs will oscillate as well?
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

redwill wrote:I'm gonna read through carefully. I have a big bowl of popcorn I'm gonna eat. Too bad there isn't an emote or something for that.

dagny wrote:And, FWIW, I've had pretty good redwill radar. I'm pretty sure he's a good guy this time.
That's a great comfort to us all.
I just changed my mind. :P
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I think Corvi is doing that on his own.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

MWB wrote:The more I think about it the more I think we might need to get rid of TL. Even if he's telling the truth, his powers are done. If he's not, he could do some damage and will cause a lot of chaos. It could clear up a lot of questions.
probly right...as soon as i got that pm from the mods, i was like "how the hell am i going to explain this"

the only benefit that you have from keeping me around is that i know who the seer is...he/she can try and sublty indicate identities to me during votes and that could help...right?
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

IrishEyes wrote:TWC, could you explain this Thief you speak of? It may help.
I had to look it up. It's here http://mikeburnfire.deviantart.com/art/ ... s-72597749 under investigative roles.

The basic gist seems to be that the thief can take someone else's powers away from them.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Troy Loney wrote:
MWB wrote:The more I think about it the more I think we might need to get rid of TL. Even if he's telling the truth, his powers are done. If he's not, he could do some damage and will cause a lot of chaos. It could clear up a lot of questions.
probly right...as soon as i got that pm from the mods, i was like "how the hell am i going to explain this"

the only benefit that you have from keeping me around is that i know who the seer is...he/she can try and sublty indicate identities to me during votes and that could help...right?
If the seer is even allowed to do that.

As I started to type up my thoughts on possible scenarios for what may have happened last night, I realized there are multiple possibilities. The more I thought of, the more I realized putting all that out there, with so much uncertainty, is what Senka was talking about.

So, there are quite a few other possibilites, that I haven't seen brought up. This is a think about it for yourselves kind of thing, because depending on what actually happened, presenting certain scenarios may put a good RPer in a bad position.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

From what I have read, a Thief "steals" an item from their target that reveals something about their role... a variation is that they also strip the person of their role.

If this role were present, one could believe what Troy Loney has been saying in regards to his "role".

The inconsistencies continue to flow though so I don't know what to think there.

I'm still not sure what to make of the IE deflection to ck. Possibly means there is a "Nexus" (any actions are deflected to a random player)... whether it is IE or not is up for debate... as well as alignment.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Troy Loney wrote:

The problem with that is you won't have much trust right now. So even if you know who the seer is leaning towards and vote that way, it will be hard for people to follow your lead.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

wallflower wrote:
IrishEyes wrote:TWC, could you explain this Thief you speak of? It may help.
I had to look it up. It's here http://mikeburnfire.deviantart.com/art/ ... s-72597749 under investigative roles.

The basic gist seems to be that the thief can take someone else's powers away from them.
Assuming Loney is telling the truth, he said he became the seer's "asst." when the seer researched him. Another possibility is that the seer has the ability to change "assts.", so long as it's someone he's researched.

Y'know, like, if he found the vig, he'd rather communicate with him than a regular villager.

Just another possiblility. One that I don't think jeopardizes anything by pointing out.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

the wicked child wrote:I'm still not sure what to make of the IE deflection to ck. Possibly means there is a "Nexus" (any actions are deflected to a random player)... whether it is IE or not is up for debate... as well as alignment.
Maybe jaysmiter just doesn't want to lose all his material for the write-ups. Lol. :pop:

Seriously though, MWB makes sense with the possibility of taking out Troy just to answer some questions. It's difficult at this early stage to really get a grip on people. Adding in all the craziness that's going on, and it's even more difficult.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

MWB wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:

The problem with that is you won't have much trust right now. So even if you know who the seer is leaning towards and vote that way, it will be hard for people to follow your lead.

well like i said, my original reasoning for coming out as the seer was to ensure that pfidc got voted off and try to relay atleast one night of investigations before being killed and exposed as not the seer. basically to sacrifice myself so that the seer's findings could be revealed with having to be exposed.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

slay Troy Loney

I'm willing to change if there's a reason to let him live, but I just don't see it. Him living on creates chaos no matter what. The only advantage would be the slim possibility that he would get powers back, but I really doubt that happens.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Troy Loney wrote:
well like i said, my original reasoning for coming out as the seer was to ensure that pfidc got voted off and try to relay atleast one night of investigations before being killed and exposed as not the seer. basically to sacrifice myself so that the seer's findings could be revealed with having to be exposed.
PFIDC had 7 votes when you came out, and I don't think anyone else had more than two. And really it's not that I don't believe you, I just think eliminating you cleans things up for the village right now.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

MWB wrote:slay Troy Loney

I'm willing to change if there's a reason to let him live, but I just don't see it. Him living on creates chaos no matter what. The only advantage would be the slim possibility that he would get powers back, but I really doubt that happens.
Also, he wants to kill IE for defending PFIDC, when she clearly did not. That might not be a bad idea.