*** FANTASY WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: *** FANTASY WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Post by canaan »

newarenanow wrote: They will definitely be scrutinized, and possibly not believed. But if they got a package, or is a RP, and it is only a double voter, I think it could answer a lot of questions.

Also, if that is the case, we can earmark them as a possible bad guy. And revisit if necessary.

There is really nothing else to go on right now. We know something happened during the relantel vote. It may or may not be a double voter. It could have been TW ending the vote. Who knows. If it was a package thing, I personally think that person should tell us so we can focus on something else.

If not, people are going to keep questioning it, and wondering, and votes will be all over the place.

Isn't the point for the village to help out, even if it means it could be their death?
i dig what you're saying and have said multiple times that you should act in "whats best for the village" but being selfless in this game is a pretty daunting task.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Hockeynut! wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:
Hockeynut! wrote:Does it ever make sense for a good RP to come out this early on? Why would a good guy or villager ask a good RP to out him/herself?

If this is like Jelly wars and the packages, you usually were told not to disclose what your package did or if you received one. So asking someone to reveal that info is pointless. We had 2 players Mod killed in Jelly wars for disclosing that they received a package.
read back a few pages corv said he was acting weird cuz the mods told him to and also had permission from mods to say such
I meant the double vote thing. Maybe the person isn't allowed to say if it's a special power/package/etc which may be why we haven't heard any word about it.
That could definitely be true and they can't speak. But if they can, like Corvidae did, then I say do it.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Hey, if you guys want to vote me out, go ahead.

I put that out there because it could be something to think about. People are going back and forth on this whole double voter thing, and this could answer some questions.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

shafnutz is the 3rd vote on NAN!!!!@@!@!!@@

:slug:

:D
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

the wicked child wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:has tw voted yet?
iirc, he only had a couple posts when I was looking through the thread earlier... don't recall the content though. Mostly I was noting the people that had posted exactly once... but no one really seems to care much about that I suppose.
well why i was wondering is tw was last vote on relantel as noted by pfidc. perhaps tw opened a package similar to corv that whenever he voted it ended it right there or his votes count for double that day only. i think we may be reading to much into this at the moment with a small N to base it on
this is entirely possible, there were packages out there that could influence voting when I had the mad scientist role in the invasion. Since Corvi acted wierd one day and back to normal the next and someone apparently had a double vote or the ability to vote and instantly kill the person they voted for I'm thinking there could be packages or something this game.

However, I don't think we should focus on these kinds of things. If it's anything like jf invasion, who acts wierd or has more voting powers due to packages means nothing about their role. Now I'm not saying there are any packages but unless we start figuring out that the people acting wierd or who have gotten a little extra power are all bad we shouldn't focus on them specifically imo.

And to nan's idea, I don't think it's important to find out who had the double voting power or whatever ended that day so quickly at this point (if it happens another time or two I'll feel differently) and I def don't think it is if said person is a good rp, just stay quiet.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

newarenanow wrote:Hey, if you guys want to vote me out, go ahead.

I put that out there because it could be something to think about. People are going back and forth on this whole double voter thing, and this could answer some questions.
It could answer some questions, yes, or it could out a good RP.

We don't know how the 'double voter' works - if it's a package (ie. a one time thing), if their vote just counts for two or if it's only part of a role that we don't know about.

But mostly, I just don't ever like people telling a RP to come out, and certainly not this early in the game. Sorry dude but it just doesn't sit well with me.

slay NAN.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

beerman wrote:this is entirely possible, there were packages out there that could influence voting when I had the mad scientist role in the invasion. Since Corvi acted wierd one day and back to normal the next and someone apparently had a double vote or the ability to vote and instantly kill the person they voted for I'm thinking there could be packages or something this game.

However, I don't think we should focus on these kinds of things. If it's anything like jf invasion, who acts wierd or has more voting powers due to packages means nothing about their role. Now I'm not saying there are any packages but unless we start figuring out that the people acting wierd or who have gotten a little extra power are all bad we shouldn't focus on them specifically imo.

And to nan's idea, I don't think it's important to find out who had the double voting power or whatever ended that day so quickly at this point (if it happens another time or two I'll feel differently) and I def don't think it is if said person is a good rp, just stay quiet.
I agree here. I don't see the importance in trying to find out who has double voting powers. We need to simply focus on who could be a baddie, and vote them out. The Corvi incident, the double vote, it's just going add more :scared: to the village if we put too much stock into it.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

crayz wrote:shafnutz is the 3rd vote on NAN!!!!@@!@!!@@

:slug:

:D
Heh...

I am just a little more willing to give you the BOTD now. Corvi is still highly suspicious to me. NAN was virtually invisible until this post:
slay pfidc

redwill has called out a baddie 3 games in a row I believe. When we were bad together, he was pulling out all kinds of things from that mafia encyclopedia and showing them as tells.

And I really have nothing to go on right now. And to be honest, I haven't really been paying much attention. Still busy at work.
And again, I go back to the same vague reasoning that redwill initially provided. "When we were bad together, he was pulling out all kinds of things from that mafia encyclopedia and showing them as tells." What tells? Is PFIDC giving off tells that I am not aware of? It seems like RW and NAN are both using somewhat vague reasoning to try and get a vote going for PFiDC, which makes me instantly suspicious.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

^ boom. IE ftw
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

wallflower wrote:
newarenanow wrote:Hey, if you guys want to vote me out, go ahead.

It could answer some questions, yes, or it could out a good RP.

We don't know how the 'double voter' works - if it's a package (ie. a one time thing), if their vote just counts for two or if it's only part of a role that we don't know about.

But mostly, I just don't ever like people telling a RP to come out, and certainly not this early in the game. Sorry dude but it just doesn't sit well with me.

slay NAN.
That's cool. I just put it out there as an idea to try and answer some of these "double voter" things. I guess to me, there are some good RPs that are just worthless to me and not a big loss if it can answer some questions. They don't have to answer.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

just to point out people are calling NANs list shaky but NAN and redwill both came up with pfidc using two different methods
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

BTW, there was absolutely no heat on me, all focus was on others, and I put my neck out there to try to answer some questions and put out some suggestions, so if I was a baddie why would I do that and draw all the heat to me?

Just something to think about.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

newarenanow wrote:BTW, there was absolutely no heat on me, all focus was on others, and I put my neck out there to try to answer some questions and put out some suggestions, so if I was a baddie why would I do that and draw all the heat to me?

http://twitter.com/whatisthenan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

newarenanow wrote:I guess to me, there are some good RPs that are just worthless to me and not a big loss if it can answer some questions. They don't have to answer.
In a way I agree, I've always felt the vig was more of a help to the bad guys unless they get lucky or some clear cut info from the seer. So I'd be ok with it if it were the vig, but it's too early and too much time is being spent on why the vote ended early imo.

We need to move on.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

slappybrown wrote:
newarenanow wrote:BTW, there was absolutely no heat on me, all focus was on others, and I put my neck out there to try to answer some questions and put out some suggestions, so if I was a baddie why would I do that and draw all the heat to me?

the nan has become self-aware
2:08 PM Jul 2nd, 2009 via web
lol
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

slappybrown wrote:

I can't open that at work, it's blocked. What is it?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

newarenanow wrote:
slappybrown wrote:

I can't open that at work, it's blocked. What is it?
its the NAN. duh.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

slappybrown wrote:

the nan has become self-aware
2:08 PM Jul 2nd, 2009 via web
lol
:lol: Nice.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

I'm not saying that I'm 100% certain you're bad. It's just that we don't really have anything to go on right now, so someone telling a good RP to out himself is going to get scrutinized. No one else has really done anything overly suspicious, so that leaves me to either vote for you or not vote at all. I tried the not voting unless I was almost sure someone was bad strategy last game and I got lynched for it so I'm not doing that again. :lol:
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

I just don't understand why we needed answers about the double voter thing. I'm of the opinion that there are some things that don't need to be [or shouldn't be] analyzed to death because we don't know what kind of information it's going to put out there for the baddies.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

spare redwill

i may have acted hastily. i dont like being called out on something I am not.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

I think we should really stick with redwill's pfidc accusation. It's the best we got, and you do pick up on tells from people when you've both recently been bad guys together. I had the same situation with loaf months ago. It could an exaggeration, but kicksave was offed real early the last time pfidc was bad.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

beerman wrote:
newarenanow wrote:I guess to me, there are some good RPs that are just worthless to me and not a big loss if it can answer some questions. They don't have to answer.
In a way I agree, I've always felt the vig was more of a help to the bad guys unless they get lucky or some clear cut info from the seer. So I'd be ok with it if it were the vig, but it's too early and too much time is being spent on why the vote ended early imo.

We need to move on.
I think there are some players that are too focused on sweeping the game and only knocking out the baddies in one swipe.

I guess I just view it different that sometimes you have to kill or out a few villagers or a non important good RP or two to answer some questions out, there that people are going to keep obsessing over throughout the game and take their focus off of finding a bad guy.

If you people want to vote me out because it could answer some questions or if you feel like I'm being a distraction, then go right ahead, those are the right reasons.

If you are voting me out just because I SUGGESTED a possible good RP (there might not even be one), and a non important one at that, say something because almost the entire day phase has been focused on this double voting thing, then I think it is a bad reason.

Just my thoughts.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

wallflower wrote:

I just don't understand why we needed answers about the double voter thing. I'm of the opinion that there are some things that don't need to be [or shouldn't be] analyzed to death because we don't know what kind of information it's going to put out there for the baddies.

We don't need them. But that was the focus to start off the day, and then people started going all over the place, yet again, so if there is something out there that we can narrow down and look at, then I put a list out there of people that could be the possible double voter.

They could be a good role player, they could be a bad one. It could have been a package.

I think it is a little better than voting someone out because someone was the 2nd vote on the first day, or because of a PM a few games ago.

PFIDC is on that list of the ones I suggested, so that is why I am sticking with him unless someone else some other compeling evidence or someone clears the air regarding the double voting issue.

If people want to move on from it, I can almost guarantee you we spend the rest of the day phase going back and forth, up and down, left and right, and every single name is thrown out there. And in the end we make a rush vote and it ends up answering nothing. And this double vote thing is discussed again the next day.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Troy Loney wrote:...and you do pick up on tells from people when you've both recently been bad guys together. I had the same situation with loaf months ago.
If this is true, then relantel should be able to tell you a lot about me. Oh, wait... :lol: